887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi All, 

Could someone tell me when should we need to apply for Indian PCC and Aus PCC for 887 visa?

Does the PCC certificate date should be after the completion of 2 years of stay in regional area or we can apply anytime. I still have 2 months to complete the 2 years of regional stay. 

thanks,

7 hours ago, vivek said:

hi i also lodge my application on 6th November 2017 till today i have not got any news. My application status says is "RECEIVED ". It's already 5 months.  Hope so i will get grant letter this week. 

Hi vivek, I also have applied on 6th Nov 2017. What time around did you apply on 6th Nov 2017 ?? My prediction, Insha Allah, maybe 18th or 19th of this month will get the grant.

If you have time, please update your details on our forum google tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

9 minutes ago, Kun said:

The waiting has crossed more than 6 months for few of us. 

image.thumb.png.4e63657f6180ae0557885f8c30c5e70f.png

Hi guys, 

I applied 22/09 . First CO on 02/feb give 489 for newborn. Now I uploaded some documents on 20/02 so just want to know, is my turn comes according to time by 02 Feb or 20 Feb? Some of applicant received grant who is near by first date which is 02 Feb. 

3 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Hi guys, 

I applied 22/09 . First CO on 02/feb give 489 for newborn. Now I uploaded some documents on 20/02 so just want to know, is my turn comes according to time by 02 Feb or 20 Feb? Some of applicant received grant who is near by first date which is 02 Feb. 

Hi Tsep,

I reckon it's time from the actual CO contact date... :)

I have noticed that September applicants were hit with extra month's wait last year too! Curious... It's that extra Christmas break time.  Owww..... :D 

15 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi Tsep,

I reckon it's time from the actual CO contact date... :)

I have noticed that September applicants were hit with extra month's wait last year too! Curious... It's that extra Christmas break time.  Owww..... :D 

Hope so.  I remember your post saying your grant may come today. This one already pass two weeks now. Still waiting. 

24 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Hope so.  I remember your post saying your grant may come today. This one already pass two weeks now. Still waiting. 

Yeah, that was being too enthusiastic of me, ha-ha!!! Never mind,  as long as they do not keep us hanging for another two months, we can handle it. Just think - some visas' STANDARD processing time is 36 months! We should count ourselves lucky! :D:D 

10 minutes ago, Russki said:

Yeah, that was being too enthusiastic of me, ha-ha!!! Never mind,  as long as they do not keep us hanging for another two months, we can handle it. Just think - some visas' STANDARD processing time is 36 months! We should count ourselves lucky! :D:D 

Correct, we just hope nothing much. Good luck 

Hi guys,

I have been a silent user of this blog.

Applied for the visa on 10 September 2017. Pre-grant on 28 Feb 2018 and still haven't heard anything back from them :( 

A lot of decisions on hold because of this. Any idea how long it takes to receive the grant after a pre-grant? We didn't expect that it would take this long.

5 minutes ago, Zee1 said:

Hi guys,

I have been a silent user of this blog.

Applied for the visa on 10 September 2017. Pre-grant on 28 Feb 2018 and still haven't heard anything back from them :( 

A lot of decisions on hold because of this. Any idea how long it takes to receive the grant after a pre-grant? We didn't expect that it would take this long.

Hi Zee1, and welcome! :)

Did you get a pre-grant because of being out of the country? If so, maybe you should inform immigration that you are back? :) 

55 minutes ago, Zee1 said:

Hi Russki,

Thank you and Yes, I did. Sent an email on the same day mentioning our travel plans and sent one again after coming to confirm that we have come to Australia. We came on 10 March. But still nothing. :( 

Sometimes people get a grant a week or few days after pre-grant, but in your case it seems to be taking longer... :( Not sure what to suggest. Just rest assured that the positive decision has already been made on your application, that is of some comfort! :) 

Sometimes people get a grant a week or few days after pre-grant, but in your case it seems to be taking longer... [emoji20] Not sure what to suggest. Just rest assured that the positive decision has already been made on your application, that is of some comfort! [emoji4] 
I think we had a member who had yhe same issue.. who finally rang immi and followed up.. and he managed to get the grant following day.. cant find his name or post.. some one who got the grant around 21st March

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, bilz88 said:

Hi Guys. Hope all are doing good. I am new to this forum. Would like to get some help from you guys regarding 887.

1) I have got 489 visa for NSW orana recently. Would like to know is it compulsory to move their ? i am currently in Melbourne and working full time.

2) My job is of Field engineer in which i work more then 90% in regional Victoria and sometimes have to go to Tasmania as well. Will this be satisfactory to fulfil full time job requirement  or do i just need to specifically work in the region in which i am residing.

Your comments and help is highly regarded. Thanks in Advance 

You have to live in any of the regional post codes. You would obviously need to prove that your work is regional, with the relevant information from your employer. I don't think works visits to regional areas will suffice, your payslips, etc will need to indicate that you work in regional post codes. Living in Melbourne will also not be accepted as far as I know

33 minutes ago, Russki said:

Sometimes people get a grant a week or few days after pre-grant, but in your case it seems to be taking longer... :( Not sure what to suggest. Just rest assured that the positive decision has already been made on your application, that is of some comfort! :) 

Yea that's true I guess. Thanks :) 

17 minutes ago, su89 said:

I think we had a member who had yhe same issue.. who finally rang immi and followed up.. and he managed to get the grant following day.. cant find his name or post.. some one who got the grant around 21st March

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Yea I saw that too. We tried it but all they said us was to wait. It's really worrying sometimes :/  Hopefully they will speed up the process.

28 minutes ago, Zee1 said:

Yea I saw that too. We tried it but all they said us was to wait. It's really worrying sometimes :/  Hopefully they will speed up the process.

28 minutes ago, Zee1 said:

Looks like day and week pass without much grant.. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2