887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 minutes ago, Nits said:

image.png.d4b6b210c4b749c7340197732d9c3ca6.png

Here it is.. i know it very clearly says IELTS..so its really silly to send something else. I will try to book something this weekend. i just wanted to know if this happened with someone else in the past? and in worst case scenario if i couldnt get the required band then i will have to do another test and 28 days may lapse.. (i love to make all the worst case scenarios in my head!)

You still have the option of paying the second installment 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nits said:

image.png.d4b6b210c4b749c7340197732d9c3ca6.png

Here it is.. i know it very clearly says IELTS..so its really silly to send something else. I will try to book something this weekend. i just wanted to know if this happened with someone else in the past? and in worst case scenario if i couldnt get the required band then i will have to do another test and 28 days may lapse.. (i love to make all the worst case scenarios in my head!)

Thanks for this! ? And you are not the only one plotting worst case scenarios, I think we are all here guilty of doing it. ? ? 

Well, it looks like they want IELTS... Try to book the earliest you can, and you shouldn't worry about the band, I think, you need minimum 6 in each category (I may be wrong), 6 is not hard to get with a quick practice. 

Just as a back-up though - try to give immi a call tomorrow at 9am (Adelaide time) sharp and speak to them about it, ask a question, just say: "does it have to be IELTS and IELTS only? Are other tests acceptable? Is the transcript acceptable from uni or something? What band do you have to achieve in IELTS" ? Good luck. ? 

PS @Freddy is right - there is an option to pay another installment, but it is a lot of $$$! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Russki said:

Thanks for this! ? And you are not the only one plotting worst case scenarios, I think we are all here guilty of doing it. ? ? 

Well, it looks like they want IELTS... Try to book the earliest you can, and you shouldn't worry about the band, I think, you need minimum 6 in each category (I may be wrong), 6 is not hard to get with a quick practice. 

Just as a back-up though - try to give immi a call tomorrow at 9am (Adelaide time) sharp and speak to them about it, ask a question, just say: "does it have to be IELTS and IELTS only? Are other tests acceptable? Is the transcript acceptable from uni or something? What band do you have to achieve in IELTS" ? Good luck. ? 

PS @Freddy is right - there is an option to pay another installment, but it is a lot of $$$! 

Thank you so much for your kind words and your help... as per the link it says average band should at least be 4.5 so i hope i will be fine... ! lol I will give them a call as well just to be sure ? 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/887-?modal=/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english

Worst come to worse, i will start saving for second instalment! ? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Honey said:

I can see on  sheet that @SN (applied 27th jan ) got contacted yesterday and asked for following :

further proof of residence and work, updated form 80, spouse ielts, police clearance certificates

Yes he got contacted and in forum his name is nits

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, wincivil said:

Hi All

Is there anybody here who applied on their own can help me??

I am about to apply my 887 visa later this week

Is it I can start filling my online application now itself and submit it whenever I want to?

or Once we get into application we need to submit it??

You can start, edit, save or even delete the application till you submit it;no matter how many days you keep it with out submitting...Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Freddy said:

Morning,

One of my friends who is not in this group receives payslips that don't show the number of hours (he works on fixed 40h/w) as he works on annual salary. is it normal? has anyone who on a permanent contract has the same experience.

Thats absolutely fine, in his payslips it show status "Full TIME". Same with me ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Freddy said:

Morning,

One of my friends who is not in this group receives payslips that don't show the number of hours (he works on fixed 40h/w) as he works on annual salary. is it normal? has anyone who on a permanent contract has the same experience.

This is normal. but to be on safe side. Askhim to get a letter from his employer that they he works fulltime with 40hrs/week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Freddy said:

Morning,

Mate ask him to check the Employment contract : its generally stated there : "Full time capacity" <<<This is all he needs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi Navdeep, don't worry, what happened is, you got a "pre-grant", which means the decision has been made already (congrats by the way!) 

There is no way of knowing that Adam has received your email. But whether he did or not - does not matter, they will get back to you at some point during clearing the backlog. Usually, not too long. ? You already have jumped all the hoops, just need to finalise the decision. ? The elephant has gone through the hole, only the tail is remaining, ey! ? 

By the way, I think they automatically know if you are back in Australia because the border force and immigration are kinda the same department with shared databases. ? 

Thanks Russki. What you have told is a lot relieving...

Just now, Jass said:

Hi. Any idea about visa grant ? Applied on 15 December 2017. Co nancy asked for residency proof and 2 and half year old medical. Did medical 19 july 2018 and sent required documents on 16 july. Still waiting. Losing patience. Any guys??

4 minutes ago, deftown said:

Hi Guys,

Any update from second timers?

No updates yet guys

1 minute ago, Tpsk said:

No updates yet guys

Guys, I'm in a big trouble. We will be delivering a baby next month. If i don't get a PR in 6 weeks of time, I need to wait for another 6 months after the baby delivery. 

Meanwhile, if they impose the new rule for centerlink welfare (need to wait for 4 years after PR), I will be much affected. Also I'm worried on the new rule in discussion that New PR holders need to stay in the regional area for 5 years.

In total, I'm in big mess and lot of stress every day.

12 minutes ago, deftown said:

Guys, I'm in a big trouble. We will be delivering a baby next month. If i don't get a PR in 6 weeks of time, I need to wait for another 6 months after the baby delivery. 

Meanwhile, if they impose the new rule for centerlink welfare (need to wait for 4 years after PR), I will be much affected. Also I'm worried on the new rule in discussion that New PR holders need to stay in the regional area for 5 years.

In total, I'm in big mess and lot of stress every day.

Dont worry Bro.. Stress wont do anything..! 6 weeks is pretty long time for all of us 2nd timer. So b +ve, you will get grant soon..!

• Like 2