First Sunday of Every Month Meet Up

Guest Ledges

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kangomik

Just sticking my nose in so tell me to shove off if needed......Don't forget it goes dark earlier now, the times may need adjusting as the months go on..... LOL and wrap up warm for winter LOL

Guest Kelly pj

Hi we arrive in adelaide on the 28th May (ooohhhhhh) we are a family of 4 and would love to come and get to know everybody, its a brill idea and sounds like a fab location. It'll be June though 4 us if its the plan to do it each month, thanks.

Guest Ledges

Hi Kelly,

From June we'll be changing the time, date and location....we'll be meeting on the first Saturday of the month and at an indoor location. Just check here again before the next one for the details.

Caroline

Guest Kelly pj
Hi Kelly,

From June we'll be changing the time, date and location....we'll be meeting on the first Saturday of the month and at an indoor location. Just check here again before the next one for the details.

Caroline

Hve pm'd you thanks kelly

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to be very quiet in here at the moment....

Maybe its the weather thats getting people down.

We are busy on Saturday mornings but free from lunch onwards.

We could do with a family type of place to let the two children burn off some energy.

One is 3 and the other is 5.

Any ideas?

Would be good to keep up the meetings.

Rob and Mel

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Claireandchrisdownunder
Moderator - Can you consider making this thread sticky please so people don't miss it...we had 3 this month who didn't see the thread in time so making it sticky would really help.

Time: 1st Sunday Every Month 3pm

What you'll need: Depending on the weather you may like to bring some nibbles, a drink or even a picnic or barbie food..there are free electric barbies available although sometimes they are busy...or there's a small cafe.

Venue: Kingston Park, Adelaide - right next to the Brighton Caravan Park and Holiday Village ON THE BEACH...look for an Ozzie flag just down the steps and some beach chairs.

What its like: Its a sandy beach with a few stoney patches the sand stretches all the way to Glenelg, there is a car park and a kids park, a good amount of shady area away from the beach too and some loos. The holiday park is small and nice. Bring your dog if you like.

Directions: Proceed South from Glenelg along Brighton Road which eventually becomes Lonsdale Road, when you start to climb up the hill (its a very long hill) watch for the camp site sign..you get about 200m warning to turn it will direct you left down Schofield Road towards the sea. ...(if you get to Hallett Cove then you've missed the sign and you've gone too far). Keep following the signs for Kingston House and the campsite (its really well signed) until you reach the campsite/holiday village. We'll fly an Ozzie flag (it was too embarrassing with an England one)...just in case you don't hear the accents and aren't sure its us - if its very windy look for us on the grassed area to the left of the campsite.

If you want my mob PM me, I'll check for messages around 1pm (Sunday) and if you leave your mob number I'll ring or text you.

Caroline

Hi we arrived three weeks ago and would really love to meet you all! hopefully we will find it! i will bring my husband and three kids 16, 15, 8 and may be my father-in-law. Hopefully the weather will good, really keen to meet people

regards claire

Guest Claireandchrisdownunder

not sure if i have replied now in the right place. useless at bloody computers. look forward to meeting you all, and hopefully the weather will be good

Claire,

I dont know how much of this thread you have read but due to the freezing conditions we are not meeting on the beach at the moment.(please dont take this as patronising)

We have talked about meeting elsewhere, but as yet we have not come up with a suitable place due to the amount of different types of people that turn up!.

Hope you are enjoying your time here so far?

Give us a shout if you need any help by sending a Private Message and we will do our best to help.

Rob and Mel

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gingerlindz

hi we arrived a week ago and were hoping they'd be a meet up soon. Is there anything planned or do you know when the meet up is likely to start again?

Thanks Lindz

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Russcat

Hello!

My husband and I have been in Adelaide for just over a year and have now settled in Dover Gardens, so near the original meet up point.

Any news on where you are meeting now or are you braving the cold weather again?!

We have a 6 month old baby so really looking forward to meeting other families.

Thanks

Catriona, Russell and Ruben (6months)

Guest Ledges

Hi All,

Really sorry I've been very remiss the last couple of months and just haven't done anything on our meet up...new job and all that -doh.

Never mind...normal service is now resumed. Our next meet up will be next Sat instead of Sunday (Fathers Day) and I've cadged the use of Hallett Cove Uniting Church building so we have somewhere warm to meet....just til we can do the beach again. The church has a table hockey for the kids, tea and coffee making facilities etc etc so I think it will do us just fine.

Next meet then Sat 4th Sept 3pm Hallett Cove Unting Church....we'll be the only ones there so don't let it being in a church put you off.

I know we already have a few who are definately coming - it'll be great to all meet up again. Can't wait to catch up with everyone.

Peter and Sara and the girls arrived 3 weeks ago and they will be there too....their very first PIA meet !

If any of you really newbies want to get in touch PM me and I'll send you my phone number. You know we have a really great support network now...you'll be suprised how much the ones who are now settled can help.

See you next Sat hopefully,

Caroline & Allan

Moderator - Can you consider making this thread sticky please so people don't miss it...we had 3 this month who didn't see the thread in time so making it sticky would really help.

Time: 1st Sunday Every Month 3pm

What you'll need: Depending on the weather you may like to bring some nibbles, a drink or even a picnic or barbie food..there are free electric barbies available although sometimes they are busy...or there's a small cafe.

Venue: Kingston Park, Adelaide - right next to the Brighton Caravan Park and Holiday Village ON THE BEACH...look for an Ozzie flag just down the steps and some beach chairs.

What its like: Its a sandy beach with a few stoney patches the sand stretches all the way to Glenelg, there is a car park and a kids park, a good amount of shady area away from the beach too and some loos. The holiday park is small and nice. Bring your dog if you like.

Directions: Proceed South from Glenelg along Brighton Road which eventually becomes Lonsdale Road, when you start to climb up the hill (its a very long hill) watch for the camp site sign..you get about 200m warning to turn it will direct you left down Schofield Road towards the sea. ...(if you get to Hallett Cove then you've missed the sign and you've gone too far). Keep following the signs for Kingston House and the campsite (its really well signed) until you reach the campsite/holiday village. We'll fly an Ozzie flag (it was too embarrassing with an England one)...just in case you don't hear the accents and aren't sure its us - if its very windy look for us on the grassed area to the left of the campsite.

If you want my mob PM me, I'll check for messages around 1pm (Sunday) and if you leave your mob number I'll ring or text you.

Caroline

Hi Caroline, just wandered, is it on Sat, Hallet Cove instead of Sun? We have been here 3 months, and not been able to find u guys!! Looks like, u didn't have it due to weather being bit colder. 0449 257 724. Am interested in this. My husband works away a lot, 14 days away, 6 in Adelaide. We have a 1 yr old. Hope to ctch u sometime. Sue, little Jack.