First Sunday of Every Month Meet Up

Guest Ledges

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gary and Yvonne

We have been here since the beginning of August and have not made any yet but we will make this one so see you all there :)

Gary (26), Yvonne (24), Taylor (4) and Jack (2)

Guest Mitchell
Lovely to hear everyone's whereabouts, etc. But any idea what time it kicks off.....

Also, where's Kingston beach?

It's south of glenelg and Brighton and I believe it starts at 3pm. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as this will be my first meet!

Here you go all the details you shall need..........

Time: 1st Sunday Every Month 3pm

What you'll need: Depending on the weather you may like to bring some nibbles, a drink or even a picnic or barbie food..there are free electric barbies available although sometimes they are busy...or there's a small cafe.

Venue: Kingston Park, Adelaide - right next to the Brighton Caravan Park and Holiday Village ON THE BEACH...look for an Ozzie flag just down the steps and some beach chairs.

What its like: Its a sandy beach with a few stoney patches the sand stretches all the way to Glenelg, there is a car park and a kids park, a good amount of shady area away from the beach too and some loos. The holiday park is small and nice. Bring your dog if you like.

Directions: Proceed South from Glenelg along Brighton Road which eventually becomes Lonsdale Road, when you start to climb up the hill (its a very long hill) watch for the camp site sign..you get about 200m warning to turn it will direct you left down Schofield Road towards the sea. ...(if you get to Hallett Cove then you've missed the sign and you've gone too far). Keep following the signs for Kingston House and the campsite (its really well signed) until you reach the campsite/holiday village. We'll fly an Ozzie flag (it was too embarrassing with an England one)...just in case you don't hear the accents and aren't sure its us - if its very windy look for us on the grassed area to the left of the campsite.

If you want my mob PM me, I'll check for messages around 1pm (Sunday) and if you leave your mob number I'll ring or text you.

Caroline

________

Guest Mitchell
We also turned up and walked up and down the beach but couldnt see the flag

Me too. You have to be brave and risk looking like an idiot and walk up to groups of random people asking are you the poms? Worked for me lol

Guest the umphs

Was great to meet you all. Thanks so much for organising this meet up. Was trying to get in touch with Lisa, Darren and Lola as wanted to organise a meet up with Lisa at a playgoup she metioned - WHERE ARE YOU LISA.....!? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mitchell
can anyone tell me if you are still meeting up every 1st sunday of the month would like to come and meet everyone!

Karen

Hiya Karen

Yep! Next one is Sunday 5th December.

Guest brianlynnette
Moderator - Can you consider making this thread sticky please so people don't miss it...we had 3 this month who didn't see the thread in time so making it sticky would really help.

Time: 1st Sunday Every Month 3pm

What you'll need: Depending on the weather you may like to bring some nibbles, a drink or even a picnic or barbie food..there are free electric barbies available although sometimes they are busy...or there's a small cafe.

Venue: Kingston Park, Adelaide - right next to the Brighton Caravan Park and Holiday Village ON THE BEACH...look for an Ozzie flag just down the steps and some beach chairs.

What its like: Its a sandy beach with a few stoney patches the sand stretches all the way to Glenelg, there is a car park and a kids park, a good amount of shady area away from the beach too and some loos. The holiday park is small and nice. Bring your dog if you like.

Directions: Proceed South from Glenelg along Brighton Road which eventually becomes Lonsdale Road, when you start to climb up the hill (its a very long hill) watch for the camp site sign..you get about 200m warning to turn it will direct you left down Schofield Road towards the sea. ...(if you get to Hallett Cove then you've missed the sign and you've gone too far). Keep following the signs for Kingston House and the campsite (its really well signed) until you reach the campsite/holiday village. We'll fly an Ozzie flag (it was too embarrassing with an England one)...just in case you don't hear the accents and aren't sure its us - if its very windy look for us on the grassed area to the left of the campsite.

If you want my mob PM me, I'll check for messages around 1pm (Sunday) and if you leave your mob number I'll ring or text you.

Caroline

hi caroline, weve just posted brians spouse visa application off so hoping it wont be too long now, gotta sell the house aswell tho, we have a 19 yr old, 10 4 and 2 yr old who are coming our eldest shes 21 is staying behind for now with our grandson and her fella, now its getting so real im starting to panic, im not having second thoughts just have a lil panic over the kids, how hard is it for them to settle, were moving to blakeview or a surrounding area i dont know if thats any where near you but when we get there i would deffo travel to meet people haha x

Guest sarahtwinn82
Me too. You have to be brave and risk looking like an idiot and walk up to groups of random people asking are you the poms? Worked for me lol

It did work Michelle because we had a right good gossip didn't we. lol :biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fluxsta

Gonna be over for recce on 2/02/11 so that first Sunday would be the 6th right? Ok if we join?

Thanks, please PM me people and let me know as we are newbies just jumping in to test the water and it would be great to meet up and get people's advice and opinions, particularl if some of you will become our neighbours!!

Many thanks