Guest Roo1

Terry's Chocolate Orange

Guest Roo1

In our family its a kind of a tradition to give Terry's Chocolate Oranges to the kids as stocking fillers. I went in search for them yesterday and found them in abundance at the sweety shop at Hallett Cove Mall.

However, I didn't buy ANY as they wanted..........wait for it........ $10 for one!!!!:mad:

Come on people, $10! How much are they in the UK now? I do understand the price hike for shipping etc but come on, really?

AND there was a tin of Quality Street there (highlighted as "from the UK"!!) They wanted $39 for it :wacko:

If anyone knows where I can buy the T.C.O from at a more reasonable price. Please let me know.

Ok, feel better now I've got that off my chest.

Merry Christmas! Ba, humbug.........

Not sure now but coles used to sell them about $6 milk and plain not looked for a while. Try Ritos in colonades they had them also

Guest Roo1

Thanks guys. I will go and check those places out. Thats far more reasonable :) x

Guest ladyarkles

Just got back from Woolies and they had them there; didn't notice the price tho!

I went for the Maltesers instead. yum

~ Rachel

Coles, Woolworths, probably Foodland, IGA - unless you specifically want one that's been shipped over from the UK at inflated prices... They also sell boxes of the segments individually wrapped here....

Guest BrianS
    Just seen they have 2 for $4 on www.groceryrun.com.au

Thanks, will tell the fiancé, she being Aussie doesn't see the point in them but I've had one every year for Xmas as long as I can remember, the sound of bashing one on the floor to break it into segments is music to my ears on Christmas morning

£1.00 in Asda and it's a bit of a tradition in our house as well - Kids and wife will be gutted when i say 'too expensive you're not having one of those!!'..........................I am a Ba Humbug :-)

Never been a lover of them myself. I always like after eight mints for Xmas, not seen any here but found a really good alternative cadburys old gold peppermint cream yum yum.

Lisa

Guest guest3462

They have after eights in woollies too! I got my TCO from woolies last week for $4.50 and a box of the segments from coles Aldinga for $6 yum yum!! Also tins of celebrations are $14.99 again in coles! No quality streets yet though.......

Certainly miss some chocolate (I prefer dark and nutty myself rather than milk choc flavoured with orange) but I've lost 3 kilos since I arrived so I'm telling myself - "I DON'T NEED CHOCOLATE" and I'm sooo much better off without it (who am I kidding?)

Guest Guest5035
    Certainly miss some chocolate (I prefer dark and nutty myself rather than milk choc flavoured with orange) but I've lost 3 kilos since I arrived so I'm telling myself - "I DON'T NEED CHOCOLATE" and I'm sooo much better off without it (who am I kidding?)

i'm with you on this one, but i'm down 2k looking for another 2, no more choccie for me, lots of fruit..

stevo

came on a visit last year, didn't have any chocolate didn't gain an ounce, came back home and over the year gained ALOT of weight:shocked: lesson to be learned there i think.

A note from Nestle regarding the availabilty of British products in Australia:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Quality Streets

Taste preferences of consumers can sometimes vary markedly between different countries hence, the NESTLE product range will vary from country to country.

Unfortunately, this product is not available in Australia at this time. Consumer research has indicated that demand here would not be sufficient to warrant the importation of this product. Some specialty confectionary shops may stock it from time to time.

Our product range is constantly under review and we will take your comments on board.

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to contact us and for the interest you have shown in our company.

Sincerely,

Hannah Orlik

FOOD ADVISER

Guest Tterrier81

Consumer research has indicated that demand here would not be sufficient to warrant the importation of this product. Some specialty confectionary shops may stock it from time to time.

how can demand not be high, every coles in adelaide sold out within days

Can I just say that the Terrys Chocolate Orange is not English chocolate, its Polish! It just doesn't taste like it used to.

Noticed a tin of Quality Street for sale for $30 in the Brackenberrys Sweet shop on James Place last week. It's probably out of date!

Guest The Dimmocks

I brought a tin of QS back from UK £3.99 from Tesco, although mine were free as MIL gave them to me :smile:.