Visa 489 - Best Practices, Tips, Advice, Do's & Dont's

KPG

Hello Forum..

This topic is mainly for 489 visa applicants, i.e. those in the process of applying or have already applied and received a grant or are / have already landed in SA. 

Migrating is not easy as it requires a lot of planning, courage to make things work out as desired. Moving with a family with young children is not easy and when the time eventually comes one develops cold feet and is lost in transition as there are load's of things to keep in mind.

Here I would request all applicants to share their thoughts on some of the best practices, lessons learnt, tips, do's and don't's that are to be followed during:

• the application process 
  • after grant is received
  • pre-landing preparations 
  • post landing  experiences and lessons learnt

This would definitely help a lot of migrants who have many thoughts and questions going on in their mind and it would be great to lend our moral support to who ever needs it :)

Thank you all and I hope you all take the time to contribute as this forum has been stupendous in helping others! ;) God bless and all the best to all those who have migrated or planning to migrate.

• 4 months later...

Hello ,

Thank you for offering to help people who would like to immigrate. After a lot of research , I was able to find this website to ask for assistance. My family have been in the process of applying to immigrate for the past years, however, due to constant changes in the immigration list things haven’t worked out beyond skills assessment and submitting an EOI.. however late last year we were asked to apply for NT but got rejected after waiting for 6 months, the reason that was given was insufficient details on how our job would help us relocate. 

We however saw light when we had all nomination criteria’s checked to apply under the 489 visa category for SA.. we have submitted all documents and registered on their online portal. Our EOI is ready,  but we need help on the commitment letter. 

We did an extensive research and wrote a detailed one for NT covering all areas and still got rejected and hence a little worried about writing a good commitment letter for SA. 

Requestign your assistance in understanding following

1. What do you think captures the eye of the approved when they read a commitment letter?

2. What main topics should be covered?

3. Should we also add any jobs that we see already available and let them know that such jobs will help us kick start our stay and new life in SA

4. We did visit Sydney for a short trip and just returned and did not like the city crowded life, so how do we put across that we are more than willing to stay in any regional area.

5. How long or short should we keep the wrote up ?

any help with regard to this will be extremely helpful for us to look forward to a positive outcome atleast this time..

Thanks in advance.

Maria

A hopeful family of 4