887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi all

CO all 12th oct

and docs submitted 13 oct

Same Team 10

Now is there any one who is waiting more than 6 weeks after docs submitted and have finished six months after launching the file......If there is someone like this than none of can guess when we ll get contacted and if there is none than lets hope every one will get in this time frame at least.......

Hi leo, sammy and 10july16, can you guys pls share what u guys think the most probable reason for delaying. As u guys knows best about urself, so may be some thing comes out... as i donot think immigration is enemy of someone and they keep someone waiting for no reason and go to the next file without thinking about previous files...

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Gary, my six weeks completed twice. first when they had updated on the site to click the button for information provided long back and then again but only this time my CO did not enable that button in immi account and that is worrying me cause he / she sent me a mail for more info second time but just a mail. there is no notification enabled to inform the CO that I have again provided the details and infact my 28 days as per the mail also lapsed... though I don't know if its 28 Business Days or 28 calendar days...

I tried several times to get in touch personally with anyone in immi office but all they do is stand on the token counter and keep saying go home and call on a no. which takes hrs to connect 2hrs approx... :(

I have a query if anyone can answer. Human services allows you to get a medicare card if you have applied for PR, and I can also generate my centrelink no. but can I also generate my child's centrelink no. and if so can I claim child care benefit??

If anyone can answer.

I have a query if anyone can answer. Human services allows you to get a medicare card if you have applied for PR, and I can also generate my centrelink no. but can I also generate my child's centrelink no. and if so can I claim child care benefit??

If anyone can answer.

Hi Manas,

Although you get an interim medicare card, I don't think you would be given child care benefits or any fee-help applicable to PR.

In fact the medicare card is the only benefit you can enjoy as a PR !!! :(

If anyone can answer.

Hi mate,

Did you not confirmed you are not going to get any government benefits for another 2 years after you get PR when applying to 887? There was such a condition...

Hi mate,

Did you not confirmed you are not going to get any government benefits for another 2 years after you get PR when applying to 887? There was such a condition...

Well 5June887...

Personally I have never read anywhere about what you are saying. As per my understanding, Once you have PR, then u pretty much are eligible for any benefit that a normal PR holder will have. And in fact, you can even apply for citizenship after a year, once you have PR grant.

Well 5June887...

Personally I have never read anywhere about what you are saying. As per my understanding, Once you have PR, then u pretty much are eligible for any benefit that a normal PR holder will have. And in fact, you can even apply for citizenship after a year, once you have PR grant.

Citizenship is fine. However I am pretty sure there was a checkbox saying something like 'I agree not to receive gov. payments for 2 year once a visa is granted'.

Can anyone confirm this? Perhaps I am wrong.

Hi everyone

While filling out form 80, at the last page it ask that r u sponsored oŕ associated with a business in australia? As we are all employees, so should we say yes and fill all the business details or write no. Thanks in advance

The way you are an employee does not mean you are sponsored by a company. Select yes if you are sponsored by a company otherwise select no.

Do not forget that form 80 is generic to all visas.

Citizenship is fine. However I am pretty sure there was a checkbox saying something like 'I agree not to receive gov. payments for 2 year once a visa is granted'.

Hi @5June887

this is for people who are going to move to australia after this visa. But if u r already in australia then you can have benefits straight away after pr. Now can u tell me at last page of form.80, when it ask r u sponsored or associated with a business in australia, if we are only employe for 1 year and not sponsored, u write yes or no. Thanks

What they wrote was u r not eligible for 2 years if u r newly migrant. But if u r already in australia for 2 years (which i m sure every 887 visa applicant is) then the benefits are avalilable right after grant.