887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

15 hours ago, George said:

OMG

That's definitely not me. I applied in April this year and never entered in immi account since then. I feel the opposite of you. I'm  relaxed after logging my application. The sensation of hard work completed. I really don't care how long they will take to give my PR. I normally go for weeks without even remember I've applied for it. 

Relax fellas. If you did everything right, your PR will come. Relax and go LIVE you LIFE!!!! This forum is very useful, but maybe you should take a break. Forget about visa. It's a matter of time and it's not in your hand. 

Just don't put the responsibility in the CAs. It's clear that it can take 12 months or more. Don't be anxious. Don't blame others for your problems.

This forum and people here are awesome, but what bothers me is the excess of freaking crying whining people. Let the CA work. Don't call them, don't send 60+ documents. Make it easier to them. Send what they ask, simple, objective, no frills. I reckon my application have 20 docs and it's a family of 4 (payslip was put all in one doc).

You may say that sending tons of paper can improve your change to receive a direct entry. Yeah, you may be right but it will DELAY the assessment. (just because there are more paper to read). Do everyone a favor: Don't call them to ask about status, unless it's more than 12 months. Don't ask things that can be find in their website. Don't send things they haven't asked for. It's for everyone sake. And mainly, don't have kids during the process, it will delay a lot. (just kidding with this last one, of course)

I read here while ago one fella that was requested prof of residence (or other thing). Instead of sending one or max 2 docs he asked letter and statements to everybody, including friends, the butcher, the post man and woolies cashier girl (ok, I'm exaggerating a little, but does not change the point). It will not help him but delay the process. There is a list of documents that are acceptable as prof of something. Stick to that list. 

I haven't meant to be rude, just trying to open your eyes to the whole amazing word outside of the visa scene. Don't freak out. Enjoy this amazing country, come back in a month, check the immi account and forget for another month.

I'll put my name in the excel file soon (maybe in 2 or 3 weeks when I remember that visas exist). I need to enter in my immi account to check the exact application day, maybe there is some urgent messages waiting for me...lol.

"You gotta to cool, relax" - Queen

I have been somewhat of a silent follower/reader of the forum for sometime, I have a bit of an idea on how people may be thinking about this whole process and if I may, I'd add my two cents onto this.. @George While I do agree on some of the points you have raised here, the main thing I see here is how tough it is for most of the people who are heavily reliant on getting the PR granted sooner than later. Every one of us are skilled immigrants got attracted by the superior lifestyle offered by this great country, and every one of us would like to feel being an actual part of it while contributing and benefiting from what it has to offer. Most of us left everything that belonged to us back in our home countries and left for Australia as a 100% full commitment so I can understand why if one gets paranoid on the delay of their application, there's no way back worse comes to worst.

You and I may not be experiencing it, but we have absolutely no idea on how hard these people are trying to get a grip on things and move on happily with life here; elsewhere in the forum I read that someone had said that his life has become stagnant because of this, because he wants to move to a bigger city (which is not allowed by 489 conditions), or to change a job which may be difficult as some employers in certain industries require PR for a job to be offered, or for someone who wants to acquire a loan from a bank (only a very few institutions give out loans on 489), reduced insurance premiums, and there could be many more...

So there, you can have a bit of empathy on the emotions of the people here who without a second thought, pour their hearts out which indeed is a good thing for their mental well-being that will give them a bit of boost to carry on their other work.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Nits said:
53 minutes ago, George said:

George, you definitely need to tone down and yes you are extremely aggressive. So i will just  wait for Rukksi and someone else to guide me on this. And if you can read you can clearly see that having a degree transcript and letter confirming all the instructions were in English is one of the ways to prove your functional english. I know because my husband and I have the same qualifications  from the same institute and this is exactly we gave last time for him.

Nits

To analyze further shall you provide what documents you submitted?? and who is main applicant??

So that we can analyze what you can provide further??

15 minutes ago, su89 said:

Thought I will add something to this one.

We got our PR mid July (applied 11th Jan ) and had certain things similar to your case.

With regard to employment - Iam not sure about international company and ABN but you can add super statements, notice of assessments, bank statements to show salary debiting. 

With regard to accommodation with sister - we also lived with our brother for 8 months - you can certainly submit a stat declaration . We did the same . Also any address proof letters will be helpful.

With regards to IELTS- I was the main applicant for 887 and my husband was the dependant - to proof his English we submitted his degree certificate , transcript which clearly stated that medium of instruction was English . 

With regard to form 80 - that's crucial - I filled it and got my husband to check and got someone else to check again to make sure everything is correct- double triple checking is well worth given the weight they are giving to form 80.

With above- I ended up with a direct grant - I know not everyone's case is similar - but hope this helps a bit 

Hi thank you so much for yoru response.

As i mentioned earlier, main applicant is my husband and i need to prove my functional english ability.   For which i submitted my degree transcript and a “letter from institution stating that the medium of instruction is english” . However now they have specifically asked me to provide IELTs. So i am a bit confused and wanted to confirm if you guys know of any other such instance where IELTS was required even if someone has submitted letter/transcript.

15 minutes ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

I have been somewhat of a silent follower/reader of the forum for sometime, I have a bit of an idea on how people may be thinking about this whole process and if I may, I'd add my two cents onto this.. @George While I do agree on some of the points you have raised here, the main thing I see here is how tough it is for most of the people who are heavily reliant on getting the PR granted sooner than later. Every one of us are skilled immigrants got attracted by the superior lifestyle offered by this great country, and every one of us would like to feel being an actual part of it while contributing and benefiting from what it has to offer. Most of us left everything that belonged to us back in our home countries and left for Australia as a 100% full commitment so I can understand why if one gets paranoid on the delay of their application, there's no way back worse comes to worst.

You and I may not be experiencing it, but we have absolutely no idea on how hard these people are trying to get a grip on things and move on happily with life here; elsewhere in the forum I read that someone had said that his life has become stagnant because of this, because he wants to move to a bigger city (which is not allowed by 489 conditions), or to change a job which may be difficult as some employers in certain industries require PR for a job to be offered, or for someone who wants to acquire a loan from a bank (only a very few institutions give out loans on 489), reduced insurance premiums, and there could be many more...

So there, you can have a bit of empathy on the emotions of the people here who without a second thought, pour their hearts out which indeed is a good thing for their mental well-being that will give them a bit of boost to carry on their other work.

100% agree.

I'm coll because I have an excellent job, live in best city in australia (Adelaide) and the PR will not change too many things in my life. It's not the same for everyone. Your are right.

I'm just waiting the PR to buy a house, but I don't get crazy. It will happen, 3-4 months early, 3-4 months later. While that, I enjoy the life.

Anyway, we knew it was not easy. We cannot complain about officers that are doing their job. Some people write here as they are being tortured by the evil australian government. But they are just doing their work "by the book". 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, George said:

Sorry Nits. I didn't intent to cause stress in a stressful moment you may facing now. Rukksi is the expert here, he will be able to help you. But actually I cannot read "letter" anywhere in that link, but not sure how you prove that all instructions were in EN. Really don't know.

hey George thats alright but it literally costs nothing to be a bit more kind and understanding. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, George said:

100% agree.

I'm coll because I have an excellent job, live in best city in australia (Adelaide) and the PR will not change too many things in my life. It's not the same for everyone. Your are right.

I'm just waiting the PR to buy a house, but I don't get crazy. It will happen, 3-4 months early, 3-4 months later. While that, I enjoy the life.

Anyway, we knew it was not easy. We cannot complain about officers that are doing their job. Some people write here as they are being tortured by the evil australian government. But they are just doing their work "by the book". 

Hi George, I do agree with some of your points.But this forum is something that relieves people who are waiting and helping when they need help. Sharing experience. 

As you said not everyone is the same and you never know what life will throw you at the next minute. there are some waiting to PR to move to a bigger city - some to buy a house- some to have kids- some to get help for their kid's child care - some to get the peace of mind- some to visit home country first time after 2 years - It's lot more complicated than your story . 

You are blessed with what you have in life - happy for you.

Let's not make this forum a battlefield as we all are on the same boat - just waiting to move on . 

Little empathy and understanding would make a big difference !

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, su89 said:

Hi George, I do agree with some of your points.But this forum is something that relieves people who are waiting and helping when they need help. Sharing experience. 

As you said not everyone is the same and you never know what life will throw you at the next minute. there are some waiting to PR to move to a bigger city - some to buy a house- some to have kids- some to get help for their kid's child care - some to get the peace of mind- some to visit home country first time after 2 years - It's lot more complicated than your story . 

Let's not make this forum a battlefield as we all are on the same boat - just waiting to move on . 

Well said, for me is to visit the home country after 3 years to see my parents and much more.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, su89 said:

Hi Su89. I really appreciate your reproach about the way I express myself. We only grow with criticism, not compliments.

Just don’t get the wrong impression that my life is a walk in the park. I work hard since I got in Australia, 10 hours a day, mon-sat. There was moment when I didn’t have money to pay my bills and had to “beg” for a short-term loan (without the PR, it’s almost begging).

It was never easy. After almost 3 years I am in a much better situation, but it’s not easy.

I just have a positive mind set. Instead of complaining that without PR I need to pay (expensive) child care for one daughter, I’m glad that the boy is at school for free. (Once you apply for 887 you can enrol them at the school). My daughter is going twice a week because I cannot afford put her every day. A PR will solve this problem but I’m not dying for it.

The glass is always a half full for me and I had the intention to bring some of this energy to the forum. I saw one or two guys that were silent followers and now start to interact to agree or disagree with this discussion. That is very nice.

This forum is (was) a little grim with people suffering from waiting periods. I just want to show that it hasn’t to be like this. There are many people that applied for 887 and are living without stress whilst waiting, but maybe they don’t feel comfortable in express it here. (because everybody is just complaining).

I haven’t visit my home country since then, but just it's because I cannot afford. The 489 allows you to travel anytime.

How many of us here have friends or relatives trying to immigrate? Probably in student visa or so. Get temporary job, cash payment. Dreaming, only dreaming about applying for the 489. We have the 489, not bad, now we have applied for 887. We are almost there.

“No matter how bad you think your life is, it is someone else’s fairy tale.”

Positive mind!! It's how I roll.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, George said:

Hi Su89. I really appreciate your reproach about the way I express myself. We only grow with criticism, not compliments.

Just don’t get the wrong impression that my life is a walk in the park. I work hard since I got in Australia, 10 hours a day, mon-sat. There was moment when I didn’t have money to pay my bills and had to “beg” for a short-term loan (without the PR, it’s almost begging).

It was never easy. After almost 3 years I am in a much better situation, but it’s not easy.

I just have a positive mind set. Instead of complaining that without PR I need to pay (expensive) child care for one daughter, I’m glad that the boy is at school for free. (Once you apply for 887 you can enrol them at the school). My daughter is going twice a week because I cannot afford put her every day. A PR will solve this problem but I’m not dying for it.

The glass is always a half full for me and I had the intention to bring some of this energy to the forum. I saw one or two guys that were silent followers and now start to interact to agree or disagree with this discussion. That is very nice.

This forum is (was) a little grim with people suffering from waiting periods. I just want to show that it hasn’t to be like this. There are many people that applied for 887 and are living without stress whilst waiting, but maybe they don’t feel comfortable in express it here. (because everybody is just complaining).

I haven’t visit my home country since then, but just it's because I cannot afford. The 489 allows you to travel anytime.

How many of us here have friends or relatives trying to immigrate? Probably in student visa or so. Get temporary job, cash payment. Dreaming, only dreaming about applying for the 489. We have the 489, not bad, now we have applied for 887. We are almost there.

Now this is quite different to your previous posts. 

Ha ha ha 

Good on you mate.

Best of luck

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Honey said:

Ok Not sure but I am doubted they may be waiting for your daughter to turn 6 months old for medical. As per my knowledge medical is required for PR.

I have uploaded my gp's letter stating my daughter is fit and healthy. when I uploaded birth certificate... So they gave 489 Visa and 887 Bridging visa and asked for Colour Passport.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, George said:

I love the quote “No matter how bad you think your life is, it is someone else’s fairy tale.” How true. Thanks for bringing in some essence @George. Hope Adelaide is treating you well. I lived there for 2 1/2 years and moved to Canberra. But my love is still for Adelaide ?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, George said:

True Mate !

This is everyone's story . 

different people have different capacities of enduring stress. 

staying positive is the only key to stay calm. 100% with you. ?

We need positive vibes around us. True.

But being human there are times we give us, we stress, we panic , we break - we weep, those times all we need is little bit of relief and strength to get back in track and keep the head up.

All good mate ! 

Hope we get a grant shower soon to cheer up everyone !!

?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2018 at 9:12 AM, Navdeep said:

Hi mates

Got a response from CO Adam on 27/08/2018 while I left for overseas for a week. Adam mentioned that my application is near completion for making decision but as I was out of country, he wanted me to inform about when will I be back in Australia. As I landed back in Australia yesterday, going to mail them that I am back. Though I informed them earlier too while being away that I would be back on 01/09/2018. Fingers crossed when will they again open my case. Cheers!!

Hi mates, Can someone please suggest me

- that how can I get the confirmation that Adam has received my email to inform him that I am back in Australia, though I got an autoresponse?

- And how long does it take in such cases for COs to reopen the case?

Waiting desperately.

2 hours ago, su89 said:

Thought I will add something to this one.

We got our PR mid July (applied 11th Jan ) and had certain things similar to your case.

With regard to employment - Iam not sure about international company and ABN but you can add super statements, notice of assessments, bank statements to show salary debiting. 

With regard to accommodation with sister - we also lived with our brother for 8 months - you can certainly submit a stat declaration . We did the same . Also any address proof letters will be helpful.

With regards to IELTS- I was the main applicant for 887 and my husband was the dependant - to proof his English we submitted his degree certificate , transcript which clearly stated that medium of instruction was English . 

With regard to form 80 - that's crucial - I filled it and got my husband to check and got someone else to check again to make sure everything is correct- double triple checking is well worth given the weight they are giving to form 80.

With above- I ended up with a direct grant - I know not everyone's case is similar - but hope this helps a bit 

Thank you so much su89! ? Nice to see you here! ? 

You are a star, there is not much more we can add to this advice. ? 

@Nits, just use all the correspondence you can find for proof of address and a statutory declaration from your sister. Additionally, you can also do a statutory declaration from yourself to that respect. Any school invoices, dentist bills anything with your address on it, plus, bank statements showing you shopping locally. Maybe, even library records? 

Be very vigilant with Form 80, as @su89 said, check it and double check, ask others to go over it with you. Good luck, we are here for you if you need us. ? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Navdeep said:

Hi mates, Can someone please suggest me

- that how can I get the confirmation that Adam has received my email to inform him that I am back in Australia, though I got an autoresponse?

- And how long does it take in such cases for COs to reopen the case?

Waiting desperately.

Hi Navdeep, don't worry, what happened is, you got a "pre-grant", which means the decision has been made already (congrats by the way!) 

There is no way of knowing that Adam has received your email. But whether he did or not - does not matter, they will get back to you at some point during clearing the backlog. Usually, not too long. ? You already have jumped all the hoops, just need to finalise the decision. ? The elephant has gone through the hole, only the tail is remaining, ey! ? 

By the way, I think they automatically know if you are back in Australia because the border force and immigration are kinda the same department with shared databases. ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

Mate, you are are awesome. ?? THANK YOU! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, su89 said:

2 hours ago, George said:

You 2 guys are awesome in writing. If we would have written an essay like this in bloody IELTS during our 489 visa, we would have got 8 in IELTS and secured 20 points. And easily we would have got 189 Independent PR at first instance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

58 minutes ago, Russki said:

Thank you so much su89! ? Nice to see you here! ? 

You are a star, there is not much more we can add to this advice. ? 

@Nits, just use all the correspondence you can find for proof of address and a statutory declaration from your sister. Additionally, you can also do a statutory declaration from yourself to that respect. Any school invoices, dentist bills anything with your address on it, plus, bank statements showing you shopping locally. Maybe, even library records? 

Be very vigilant with Form 80, as @su89 said, check it and double check, ask others to go over it with you. Good luck, we are here for you if you need us. ? 

Thanks a lot @Russki and @Su89! 

I will just try to see what additional info i can provide. Just want a bit more clarity about IELTs.. Do you think it would be sufficient to send them my transcript and letter again and refer it back to the checklist they have provided  which clearly mentioned degree as an acceptable document? I had IELTs back in 2015,, i am concerned about timings now and of course additional cost.

1 minute ago, Nits said:

Thanks a lot @Russki and @Su89! 

I will just try to see what additional info i can provide. Just want a bit more clarity about IELTs.. Do you think it would be sufficient to send them my transcript and letter again and refer it back to the checklist they have provided  which clearly mentioned degree as an acceptable document? I had IELTs back in 2015,, i am concerned about timings now and of course additional cost.

I understand your concern. ?  Can I ask a favour please: in your email from Immi (from Adam) you will have 2 pdf documents attached, one being a checklist. In  that second document, page 3, at the top, could you take a screenshot of that or tell us exactly what it says, top of page 3? Make sure we do not see your personal details. ? 

IELTS from 2015 is too old, it is valid only for 12 months for the purpose of immigration. Worst case - just quickly sign up now to sit the IELTS test at the earliest date you can find near to where you live. Yes, additional cost, but we have gone this far, it is probably the last cost you will incur. ? ? Don't know why they are asking for IELTS, it may be just the case of giving the CO what they ask without questioning it and be done with it! ? ? ? 

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Hi Navdeep, don't worry, what happened is, you got a "pre-grant", which means the decision has been made already (congrats by the way!) 

There is no way of knowing that Adam has received your email. But whether he did or not - does not matter, they will get back to you at some point during clearing the backlog. Usually, not too long. ? You already have jumped all the hoops, just need to finalise the decision. ? The elephant has gone through the hole, only the tail is remaining, ey! ? 

By the way, I think they automatically know if you are back in Australia because the border force and immigration are kinda the same department with shared databases. ? 

?

3 minutes ago, Russki said:

I understand your concern. ?  Can I ask a favour please: in your email from Immi (from Adam) you will have 2 pdf documents attached, one being a checklist. In  that second document, page 3, at the top, could you take a screenshot of that or tell us exactly what it says, top of page 3? Make sure we do not see your personal details. ? 

IELTS from 2015 is too old, it is valid only for 12 months for the purpose of immigration. Worst case - just quickly sign up now to sit the IELTS test at the earliest date you can find near to where you live. Yes, additional cost, but we have gone this far, it is probably the last cost you will incur. ? ? Don't know why they are asking for IELTS, it may be just the case of giving the CO what they ask without questioning it and be done with it! ? ? ? 

image.png.d4b6b210c4b749c7340197732d9c3ca6.png

Here it is.. i know it very clearly says IELTS..so its really silly to send something else. I will try to book something this weekend. i just wanted to know if this happened with someone else in the past? and in worst case scenario if i couldnt get the required band then i will have to do another test and 28 days may lapse.. (i love to make all the worst case scenarios in my head!)

Hi everyone,

Another glorious day to look forward to..[emoji846]

George - Please be nice.

If people cannot understand or show empathy to someone in distress then I think they should avoid providing any advice at all. You’re not obligated to do it so don’t be stressed out. There are so many beautiful souls in this group that will reach out to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1