887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

All these silent grant people can you all please answer our questions for us that are still waiting. As we all helped you guys. 

Could you tell us if you all had to submit certified copies n sent an up to date police check whilst you waited? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joshwaitaminnit said:

I applied on 07/11/2017...contacted april 2018 and then again in oct 2018...then finally on 02/05/2019 asking for what i gave them in oct 2018 again...namely evidence of residence in designated area...i have family sponsorship and the entire state is... so i sit here twiddling my thumbs again

That’s so infair sounds like our story we’ve waited since jan 2018 

3 hours ago, nudgee said:

Website timeframe is 16-17 months still but actual processing time for direct grant is around 13.5-14months , hope they can further reduce the time to within 12 months

Not for me (and many others). Waiting more than 15 months...And I can't complain because I'm still in the timeframe 😟

19 minutes ago, joshwaitaminnit said:

I applied on 07/11/2017...contacted april 2018 and then again in oct 2018...then finally on 02/05/2019 asking for what i gave them in oct 2018 again...namely evidence of residence in designated area...i have family sponsorship and the entire state is... so i sit here twiddling my thumbs again

I applied 21/10/17.   

6 minutes ago, innipat said:

Anyone in group have waiting for baby and not granted visa ?

i thought they fetch data from Medicare and hold your file until you have baby born.

Can someone please confirm if that happens with anyone ?

thanks

Happened with me.. was in a same boat. My baby was born on 06.03 and they asked for additional document on 09.03. 

After submitting the docs, I am waiting they will pick up my file again. 😞 

Hello my 887 visa applicants. 

I clearly don’t understand why people are so frustrated about the processing times. The immigration has made it very clear that it WILL take 12-15 months to process the 887 visa application. Although it is showing 16-17 months on the immi website. If people aren’t aware of the new regional visa 491, please google it. The requirement for that is the applicant musta stay in regional area for 3 years before he can make an application for PR. The immigration is clearly trying to imply this on 887 visa applicants to make us stay in regional areas for about 3 years. And they succeeded by increasing the processing times. A year wait will lead to bright future for rest of our lives in this beautiful country. 

If someone is planning to buy a house, and waiting for 887 visa, hey, why don’t you guys keep on saving a bit more and you you can save not paying LMI. 

If if someone is waiting to move to bigger cities for job opportunities, hey, why don’t you guys keep continuing your current job and keep shortlisting the companies you wanna apply for and also compare the cost of living in each METRO cities

If someone is waiting to get married? Hey, just get your partner in visitor visa and enjoy till you get the grant. 

Just enjoy in this beautiful country as long as we are staying legally as there are many people awaiting for the invitation to apply permanent visa and we are waiting for the grant of permanent visa. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, March9th2019 said:

I clearly don’t understand why people are so frustrated about the processing times. The immigration has made it very clear that it WILL take 12-15 months to process the 887 visa application. Although it is showing 16-17 months on the immi website. If people aren’t aware of the new regional visa 491, please google it. The requirement for that is the applicant musta stay in regional area for 3 years before he can make an application for PR. The immigration is clearly trying to imply this on 887 visa applicants to make us stay in regional areas for about 3 years. And they succeeded by increasing the processing times. A year wait will lead to bright future for rest of our lives in this beautiful country. 

If someone is planning to buy a house, and waiting for 887 visa, hey, why don’t you guys keep on saving a bit more and you you can save not paying LMI. 

If if someone is waiting to move to bigger cities for job opportunities, hey, why don’t you guys keep continuing your current job and keep shortlisting the companies you wanna apply for and also compare the cost of living in each METRO cities

If someone is waiting to get married? Hey, just get your partner in visitor visa and enjoy till you get the grant. 

Just enjoy in this beautiful country as long as we are staying legally as there are many people awaiting for the invitation to apply permanent visa and we are waiting for the grant of permanent visa. 

Hey our new member fried. Tried really hard to not to reply your comment, but couldn't... 

I don't think you are suffering from any of the above mentioned dilemmas/challenges. Otherwise you wouldn't judge people's frustration and situation so easily. Your proposed solutions are very good and easy but just on a paper not in a real MARRIED LIFE WITH CHILDREN AND RENTAL HOUSE!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, March9th2019 said:

I appreciate your persuasive thoughts but back in our days when we applied the waiting time was from 6 to 8 months. People who had applied then had a plan to wait for eight months but thanks to the revised immigration policy, it is now double. 

Furthermore, buying a house or moving cities is not a few reasons why people are getting frustrated. There are applicants in the waiting list who are paying their kid's university fees out of their own pocket with zero government funding. Many of them living in regional areas where TAFE doesn't offer courses they need to get a reasonable job. 

Apologies for sounding a bit rude here because it is easier said than done.  Put yourself in the shoes of a person who promised to marry their partner after eight months, who promised to visit their sick mum back home in a few months time, who promised their partner to extend their family soon but it is now taking ages for a single damn decision to come. 

Personally, I don't have any issues with the delay, I'm living in Adelaide, have all means to spend a satisfying life, not rushing to buy a home but for heaven's sake, there are people who are in  heaps of trouble and one just can't say "what's the fuss why is everyone so frustrated - enjoy the beautiful country" .

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Doman said:

Hey our new member fried. Tried really hard to not to reply your comment, but couldn't... 

I don't think you are suffering from any of the above mentioned dilemmas/challenges. Otherwise you wouldn't judge people's frustration and situation so easily. Your proposed solutions are very good and easy but just on a paper not in a real MARRIED LIFE WITH CHILDREN AND RENTAL HOUSE!

... with the childcare costs higher than you actual wages! (you forgot to say) 😄 😄  and older kids Uni fees unaffordable... 😞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, March9th2019 said:

Yeah you gonna lose the money you invested on lands : thats cool theres land every where
You need stability for the business that you run while working 8 -5 : ah thats cool start another one
Parents are ill in your mother country : Ah thats cool give them video call
Hotel : Trivago ?? 
Not sure you'll end up another year paying rent rather than owning a home : Nah thats cool homes are old school 

:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, March9th2019 said:

Thank you for positive thoughts and I really sorry we all went a bit nasty at your message... 🙂 We didn't mean to, it is just sheer frustration, it is very hard to ignore many issues a lot of our families facing because of being non-residents. 

Life is not all lovely rainbows for many of us... But thank you for trying to inject some positivity! 🙂 💗

• Like 1

Guys, I was contacted by immigration today. CO Sophorn asked me to submit a new AFP, because apparently my old one has expired. Well, this is not true, I attached updated AFP in February 2019 in my immiaccount. AFP dated 31 January 2019.

I called immigration and asked for explanation. Was put on hold for 40 minutes. After hold they told me to just attach this AFP again, because there must have been a system glitch and the CO did not see it.

ARE THEY FOR REAL???????? 😞 Guys, honestly, there are no words to describe my frustration right now. To add insult to injury, when I told the girl on the phone that I have been waiting 20 months already, she said: "Oh, we are not concerned about 20 months wait, it's nothing, we would only act on your case only if it was double that time"... 

• Like 3
  • Sad 14

My post didn’t go well with you people. I think most of the 887 visa applicants are couple or have family. I live close to the Sydney. I’m single. I enjoy every weekend with the local girls. So I haven’t got that much stressed as you people are experiencing . Life is different for each one them. I don’t mind waiting for my 887 visa. Love you all . Peace .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, March9th2019 said:

My post didn’t go well with you people. I think most of the 887 visa applicants are couple or have family. I live close to the Sydney. I’m single. I enjoy every weekend with the local girls. So I haven’t got that much stressed as you people are experiencing . Life is different for each one them. I don’t mind waiting for my 887 visa. Love you all . Peace .

😉👌

20 minutes ago, March9th2019 said:

Thank you again and again - HUGE APPOLOGY for our slightly aggressive reaction - please don't leave us! 😄 😄 We are a good bunch, really... 😇

Yes, I was same as you at the beginning of my wait. But by now, after almost 20 months of waiting I turned into grumpy, paranoid, depressed person, I am not joking. I really really sincerely hope you will not have to wait long and will not experience any hardship. Peace. 💗

• Like 2

1 hour ago, March9th2019 said:

what will you say if I got many job refused because I havent got PR yet. and one opportunity to get permanent in the company, just because of no PR?. 

what is the purpose of getting good job or getting permanent position in the Company? yes, to get more and more stable income, and yes we still pay tax, still pay our distribution to our community, !!!

what will you say if you still stay in designated area, working full-time pay bills to make the area going better but still get treated like NO-ONE care? 

did you say, saving up for the buying the house later? yea, when you save up like 5k or 50k then the house price in the market go up twice or even triple price? then your saving will be too good to buy the house? 

what will you say, some one have there fam in their own country, but they are stuck in here and cant move? 

all good mate. tell me please, you are welcome!

cheerz