887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 5/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, RANJU said:

At last got my 887 granted. 

Applied -26-Feb-2018

Granted-07-May-2019

I have fulfilled the minimum requirement only for work requirement ie., one year fulltime. But recommended not to take chance.Also,never changed parent  name in the application. Previous comment English ability for spouse( attached letter from university that the medium of instruction was English). 

CO Nicci.

Congratulations !!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Janeli said:

Hi everyone, 

i was a silent follower of this group since I lodged my 887 visa. Just wanted to let u all know that finally I got my golden mail at 4:24pm after waiting 13 months and 8 days.

i applied on 16 March 2018 and was directly granted. Thank u all for ur help 🙏🏼.

wish u all good luck 😉 

PS: my case officer: Wilson

Congratulations janeli and just wondering that did you submitted certified copies? Thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farha said:

Do you think they’re processing visas at a faster rate because they want to clear the queue before rolling out the new regional visas in November? 🤔

or maybe to  avoid look like an inefficient processing unit if a new government and new minister takes over after elections :S

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dar8 said:

or maybe to  avoid look like an inefficient processing unit if a new government and new minister takes over after elections :S

No, I don't think so. If they fail the election, who is going to care how they were fast on processing the application or not.

I think there are many reasons why they are doing much faster.

1. We have already passed the long holidays such as Christmas and Easter Holidays which caused lots of distractions for COs.

2. I believe applicants information is updated and now everyone knows what are the main documents to submit. You can see everybody is trying to complete all the forms , AFP and PCC before the CO opens his/her file.

The other reason, maybe because of the new Regional Visa that will be introduced in November. As Dar8 said, they are trying to get rid of old application prior to November.🤔 Any more idea??

Overall the trend has been very positive over the last two weeks and hope this continue...

• Like 5

I submitted all documents colour except my payslip because I got my payslip via email and they are black and white. Do I still need to certify them..? Any suggestion 

I got all my payslips via email as well and I certified all of them at my local police station, I showed the police my tax assessment, contract and the payslips I received on email on my phone and they did it for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Doman said:

No, I don't think so. If they fail the election, who is going to care how they were fast on processing the application or not.

1. We have already passed the long holidays such as Christmas and Easter Holidays which caused lots of distractions for COs.

2. I believe applicants information is updated and now everyone knows what are the main documents to submit. You can see everybody is trying to complete all the forms , AFP and PCC before the CO opens his/her file.

The other reason, maybe because of the new Regional Visa that will be introduced in November. As Dar8 said, they are trying to get rid of old application prior to November.🤔 Any more idea??

Overall the trend has been very positive over the last two weeks and hope this continue...

Quite possibly, the fact that we made a lot of  noise also have not gone unnoticed. 🙂😉 

Because all processing at some point was put on hold altogether, later, they started to "trickle" process, using just two COs. Only one or two COs! But suddenly we see heaps of COs going through our files. Definitely a positive trend, although not sure what the trigger is. 🙂 Who cares, we are moving! 😄 

Quite possibly, they are clearing the runway for new tandem visas, replacing 489/887. Good!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Russki said:

Quite possibly, the fact that we made a lot of  noise also have not gone unnoticed. 🙂😉 

Because all processing at some point was put on hold altogether, later, they started to "trickle" process, using just two COs. Only one or two COs! But suddenly we see heaps of COs going through our files. Definitely a positive trend, although not sure what the trigger is. 🙂 Who cares, we are moving! 😄 

Quite possibly, they are clearing the runway for new tandem visas, replacing 489/887. Good!

all we need is Lucks, yea lots of lucks. 

everyone stays calm and breathing ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Ganesh said:

Hi everyone !!

I have applied 887 Visa 29 of june 2018. Look like still long way to go...

Yes you will wait as we are all till you get stressed and frustrated and feeling that you are not  progressing at your life anything just waiting on this !!

which will lose your focus at your family and career and the only thing captures you is this subject !!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guys I have one question.It might have been answered before but I was unable to locate it in the thread.So i apologise for asking it .

When we are about to fill the 887 form does it aak us which specific region you have stayed or which state sponsored you etc etc. 

11 minutes ago, ausdre said:

Guys I have one question.It might have been answered before but I was unable to locate it in the thread.So i apologise for asking it .

When we are about to fill the 887 form does it aak us which specific region you have stayed or which state sponsored you etc etc. 

887 application per say doesnt ask you where you are but yes you need to mention your residential address.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Farha said:

Do you think they’re processing visas at a faster rate because they want to clear the queue before rolling out the new regional visas in November? 🤔

There may be less interest in the new visas if applicants find out how long it takes to get PR - maybe home affairs is trying to reduce the backlog to avoid this perception - hopefully

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ausdre said:

The form does not ask specifically. however, form 80 (which is mandatory) page 4 ask for residential address log for the last 10 years. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Doman said:

Dear, there is only one reason why COs got active now on 887; the issue has been taken up by commonwealth ombudsman.....thanks Russky and other friends for making

this possible...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, nudgee said:

I got all my payslips via email as well and I certified all of them at my local police station, I showed the police my tax assessment, contract and the payslips I received on email on my phone and they did it for me.

So I need to certified them and uploaded once again..? But I don’t have more space I can upload only 70 files 

10 minutes ago, Liveyourlife said:

So I need to certified them and uploaded once again..? But I don’t have more space I can upload only 70 files 

You can use the other document option or if you apply for your family / wife you will have plenty in there. 

SO here is a question guys...

When a CO send s you a request for more information....they give you 28 days to provide the info.

Rumour or hearsay, what ever you call it....Even you furnish all the info withing the same day; they wait the full 28 days before they touch your file again....

Is this true or false??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joshwaitaminnit said:

SO here is a question guys...

When a CO send s you a request for more information....they give you 28 days to provide the info.

Rumour or hearsay, what ever you call it....Even you furnish all the info withing the same day; they wait the full 28 days before they touch your file again....

Is this true or false??

They can take as long as they want. Ours has taken July -November n November till May to open ours each time n we submitted within 12 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Katie said:

They can take as long as they want. Ours has taken July -November n November till May to open ours each time n we submitted within 12 hours. 

I applied on 07/11/2017...contacted april 2018 and then again in oct 2018...then finally on 02/05/2019 asking for what i gave them in oct 2018 again...namely evidence of residence in designated area...i have family sponsorship and the entire state is... so i sit here twiddling my thumbs again