887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

58 minutes ago, toot said:

you are alright.

I travelled 4 weeks to 4 countries (Within my 2 years stay)
and another 3 weeks to my mother country (Outside my 2 years stay after lodgement)

Compunsated 2 weeks just to be on the safe side.

Had no issues 

Did you get Police clearance from all 4-5 countries ? 

2 hours ago, Stellajane said:

Sorry, cannot help as we bought property whilst on 489. Luckily just prior to the current laws. Meaning that we did receive the 1ste home owners grant on the stamp duty but additionally were needed to pay the foreign investment duty which was $5k. Just after our purchase the laws changed and on a 489 now you need to pay double stamp duty I think + the foreign investment duty. 1st home grant is still applicable.

Hi did you get your 887 within 1 year ? To avail the refund for stamp duty ?

1 hour ago, TAN said:

Hi @Vayani,  

Yes no fees to add newborn to 877 visa and 489 visa. I got my 7 months old baby’s 489 visa and 887 bridging visa after I attached form 1022, birth certificate and passport to immi account then sent an email to immigration. I think that email helped to get his visa soon

P.S. I’m still waiting for my PR. Applied on 7/5/2018. 

Thanks Tan for your response.

can you please explain little bit more like your baby born after lodgement of 887 visa or before? Because situation here is slightly different that baby will born after a month or two of 887 visa lodgement.

Because I have seen many of friends got their new born visa within two weeks by submitting form 1022, passport and birth certificate while they were on 489 visa and haven’t lodged 887 visa. 

Waiting for your response 

thanks 

Hi @Vayani,

Yes my baby born (7/11/2018) after lodge my 887 visa on 7/5/2018 but it took a while to obtain baby passport from my home country then I upload it to immi account on April 2019 but they didn’t give him visa straight away. Then after get help from this forum I sent an email to immigration. After few days I got my baby visas.  

On 6/11/2019 at 5:46 PM, Aus2019 said:

Got 489 visa for baby, 

Applied 18/4/18

CO- Mark

It seems new CO,no one mentioned before

Its sad how immigration treats 887 visa applicants. They give 189 , 190 visa as PR directly. But we works 2 years without any benefits & still delaying more than 17 months for visa processing. Go to hell.

25 minutes ago, Nsingh said:

@Stellajane thanks. But I have heard the stamp duty and first home grant would only be refundable if get PR with in 1 year time frame after buying 

Provided a purchaser obtains permanent residency on or before the date of settlement the Foreign Purchaser Surcharge does not apply, regardless if the contract was signed as a temporary resident.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 5:46 PM, Aus2019 said:

Got 489 visa for baby, 

Applied 18/4/18

CO- Mark

It seems new CO,no one mentioned before

As far as I know only one person has been rejected by immigration for 887 visa..the reason was moved to non regional area. Anyone know about any other refusals?

26 minutes ago, Aus2019 said:

As far as I know only one person has been rejected by immigration for 887 visa..the reason was moved to non regional area. Anyone know about any other refusals?

Hi Dear

Does he moved to no regional area after 887 application?

The wait is over!!!!

Grant it is!!!!!!!

Hey guys i have been one of the silent follower of this group.

Applied on 13th may 2018 

Grant 14th June 2019 4:25 pm

CO called with an inquiry, 10minutes later received grant email. Thanks everyone for all the updates and good luck.

Edited by Nizza
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, Nizza said:

The wait is over!!!!

Grant it is!!!!!!!

Applied on 13th may 2018 

CO called with an inquiry, 10minutes later received grant email. Thanks everyone for all the updates and good luck.

congrats

1 minute ago, Nizza said:

The wait is over!!!!

Grant it is!!!!!!!

Applied on 13th may 2018 

CO Divithotawela

4 minutes ago, Nizza said:

The wait is over!!!!

Grant it is!!!!!!!

Applied on 13th may 2018 

Case officer Divithotawela