887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

14 hours ago, sanchit said:

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent follower of this forum. 

Applied date - 22/2/2018 

CO- Issued S-47 natural justice letter / short of 2 months 

Withdrew my application and reapplied on 20/07/2019 

Currently on BVA and helpless. 

What’s the reason for 2months short natural justice request mate? Did you travel overseas, it’s great if you can share more information will be useful for many

4 hours ago, TTTF said:

Guys, on the processing time received some guidance from a professional Lawyer/Mara agent.

They also agreed what we are doing is fair and reasonable to resolve the situation in the best interest of everyone. 

Do we have any contacts with to take this to next level ?  - MPs, Senators and peak bodies such as the MIA, MA, Regional Australia

Hi Team 887

My apologies for the delayed in responding.

We have discussed this in our firm and think it is highly beneficial for you to be organising as you have done.

We  suggest that you prepare a submission outlining your predicament and start promoting your cause to MPs, Senators and peak bodies such as the MIA, MA, Regional Australia Institute, Scanlon Foundation etc

It would have been helpful to take part in the recent enquiry into this matter, but unfortunately the deadline has passed: https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Joint/Migration/RegionalMigration/Submissions 

Nonetheless, it would be useful for you to follow up this inquiry.

We also repeat the suggestion made previously, that you try and enlist media support.

It’s very helpfull information. They are couple of cases where direct grant is given to applicants. We have more cases vn case officer request for additional information. Every one who submit the application vl do 100 percent to upload all papers at the time of application . They can only double check police check that’s it apart from that nothing can be change. If case officer ask some thing out of the box definitely it vl delay application. It’s nothing like decision ready application it’s all depend on case officer. If mrX gets direct grant it doesn’t mean mr Y also gets even though they have same paper and they struggle together. The main issue is why it vl take care officer around 6 months to finalise application after first contact. That’s the main concern it’s just how they want to deal. By giving some direct grants giving false hope to others. 😞😞

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nizam said:

It’s very helpfull information. They are couple of cases where direct grant is given to applicants. We have more cases vn case officer request for additional information. Every one who submit the application vl do 100 percent to upload all papers at the time of application . They can only double check police check that’s it apart from that nothing can be change. If case officer ask some thing out of the box definitely it vl delay application. It’s nothing like decision ready application it’s all depend on case officer. If mrX gets direct grant it doesn’t mean mr Y also gets even though they have same paper and they struggle together. The main issue is why it vl take care officer around 6 months to finalise application after first contact. That’s the main concern it’s just how they want to deal. By giving some direct grants giving false hope to others. 😞😞

Regarding the longer processing time 

I think it is un justified because we are all already on a valid visa and all the practice of issuing new Visa shouldn’t be taking much because we are all a residence here so half of the home work to be done by the Dept 

I know it is frustrating to every one 

FYI I am hitting 16 and 20 days 😓😓😓😓😓😐😓😐😐😐

1 hour ago, adam said:

Regarding the longer processing time 

I think it is un justified because we are all already on a valid visa and all the practice of issuing new Visa shouldn’t be taking much because we are all a residence here so half of the home work to be done by the Dept 

I know it is frustrating to every one 

FYI I am hitting 16 and 20 days 😓😓😓😓😓😐😓😐😐😐

It’s frustrating for everyone who is on this visa. Person who applied for 887 visa vl always have a valid visa if 489 expires BV vl be issued. So it’s not about valid visa it’s about permanent residence 

On 9/26/2019 at 2:39 PM, joshwaitaminnit said:

Hi All.

Just got my PR Grant Notification...

Applied 07/11 2017

First contact CO Adm May 2018

Second Contact CO Adam Oct 2018

Third Contact May 2019 CO Sophorn

Grant Today 26 Nov 2019 CO Wilson

Please update Excel...i am extremely grateful to @Russki for her kindness and encouragement!! She messaged and checked up on me regularly and was always reassuring!! I am forver in your debt.

At long last! Congratulations and enjoy your new life!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shokar said:

Hi guys, can someone please tell me that if I was overseas for 8 weeks after moving into regional area on 489. Does those 8 weeks can be counted in two years time to apply 887? Thanks

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/from-a-489-to-a-887-visa/

This article might answer your question. I lodged my 887 with 2 years and 3 days since my grant of 489. I took 23 days ( 3 weeks 2 days) vacation each year. If you went overseas more than 4 weeks a year, then you should make up for the time you are overseas. For example, if first year, you are overseas 6 weeks and second year, you took 2 weeks. I think you still have to make up 2 weeks for the first year. Read more in the article. Anyone who read this, please correct me if i'm wrong. Many thanks. 

On 9/26/2019 at 9:12 PM, sanchit said:

Hi Guys,

Applied date - 22/2/2018 

what is s47 ? 2 months short of what?

3 hours ago, dhle said:

This article might answer your question. I lodged my 887 with 2 years and 3 days since my grant of 489. I took 23 days ( 3 weeks 2 days) vacation each year. If you went overseas more than 4 weeks a year, then you should make up for the time you are overseas. For example, if first year, you are overseas 6 weeks and second year, you took 2 weeks. I think you still have to make up 2 weeks for the first year. Read more in the article. Anyone who read this, please correct me if i'm wrong. Many thanks. 

Thank you. Really appreciate your help.

4 hours ago, WANGS said:

Any members in this group who have applied 887 & had to do medical check up for a child who was born after 489 visa grant. Just wanted to know if I can create HAP ID myself before starting my 887 visa application to save time OR we should wait for CO to contact us. 

I applied recently for 887. Before I did, I tried to create HAP ID. All you have to do is log in to your Immi Ac and click new application. Then you chose health. You will then be redirected... however, on the list of visa's that can access this service, 489 is not listed. So you basically can't.  You have to follow up with CO. Hope that helps

Hi Friends

As we can see this 887 time frame is getting bigger and bigger and it is very frustrating and depressing too. Can we move from nominated regional area to another state regional area after completing the 887 criteria.

Thanks
Yuvi

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hello,

I was wondering if sequal of SBS story can be asking un-necessary documents. Like English test of primary applicant which was never part of list. Also, post article of SBS, they increased the processing time.

1. All MP have their email ID and please dont hesitate the organise appointment in personal to express this.

2. Please call as much for complaint and query try keep question same.

3. If SBS can publish some views of MARA agents facing embrassments and hard time from their clients on 887 visa

@TakeItOnTheChin: I think your mailer which you sent to SBS reporter regarding challenges faced by 489 would be suuficient for MP.

9 hours ago, JayK said:

I applied recently for 887. Before I did, I tried to create HAP ID. All you have to do is log in to your Immi Ac and click new application. Then you chose health. You will then be redirected... however, on the list of visa's that can access this service, 489 is not listed. So you basically can't.  You have to follow up with CO. Hope that helps

Thanks @JayK

21 hours ago, WANGS said:

k up for a child who was born after 489 visa gra

MIGRATION ACT 1958 - SECT 47

Consideration of valid visa application

(1)  The Minister is to consider a valid application for a visa.

(2)  The requirement to consider an application for a visa continues until:

(a)  the application is withdrawn; or

(b)  the Minister grants or refuses to grant the visa; or

(c)  the further consideration is prevented by section 39 (limiting number of visas) or 84 (suspension of consideration).

(3)  To avoid doubt, the Minister is not to consider an application that is not a valid application.

(4)  To avoid doubt, a decision by the Minister that an application is not valid and cannot be considered is not a decision to refuse to grant the visa.

On 9/26/2019 at 8:42 PM, sanchit said:

Hi Guys,

Applied date - 22/2/2018 

Can you please explain why did CO issued you short of 2 months? Did you apply before 2 years residence or went overseas for a long time?

31 minutes ago, Action G said:

Please click these links, you will find answers to your worries....https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/from-a-489-to-a-887-visa/

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs107/1106091886176/archive/1115813697318.html

Come on Action G - Please do not promote your website here. You can help this foram by answering your our questions. 

Hello Everyone,

I am preparing my documents for 887 visa beforehand so that i am ready for the D-Day. I have a question if anyone can help. When i applied for 489 visa via an agent i gave PCC for Dubai and my home country India. I worked in Dubai for 2 years and hence i required a PCC which i got after spending heaps of money and time. It was a really difficult task but important one. Now to apply for 887 visa do i have to get a fresh PCC again from Dubai or the old expired one will do. I have never traveled again to Dubai after my last job assignment. I am assuming that i wont need it as i have never traveled back to Dubai again. Please help me.

45 minutes ago, vivek2467 said:

Hello Everyone,

I am preparing my documents for 887 visa beforehand so that i am ready for the D-Day. I have a question if anyone can help. When i applied for 489 visa via an agent i gave PCC for Dubai and my home country India. I worked in Dubai for 2 years and hence i required a PCC which i got after spending heaps of money and time. It was a really difficult task but important one. Now to apply for 887 visa do i have to get a fresh PCC again from Dubai or the old expired one will do. I have never traveled again to Dubai after my last job assignment. I am assuming that i wont need it as i have never traveled back to Dubai again. Please help me.

I would suggest you should get the PCC because you will have plenty of time to get the PCC but if immi will ask you then they will take another 5 -6 months to get back.