887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

20 hours ago, empie said:

Dear friends, we're on bridge visa, and want to sponsor parents for a 2-3 weeks visit, is it possible? 

Yes, i don't see any problem. We sponsored my mom beacuse there was no one take care of my baby and i was told to have a C section because of high risk pregnancy. She got her visitor visa in 15 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ankit7775 said:

is there anyone who got the home loan while on 489  visa??

I work for a bank, you can definitely buy a house on temporary visas like 489. However, not all banks accepts temp visa and therefore you don't have the option of shopping for better interest rate. As far I know only two banks accept 489 visa and each of their policy is different to one another, better discuss with a mortgage broker. Also,  you need to get FIRB approval (I don't know how much it cost but I heard $7k - $10k). Temp visa holders are not entitled to FHOG (better check with a broker because even FGOG is different state to state). 

Hope I answered you question. 

1 hour ago, Inaz said:

I work for a bank, you can definitely buy a house on temporary visas like 489. However, not all banks accepts temp visa and therefore you don't have the option of shopping for better interest rate. As far I know only two banks accept 489 visa and each of their policy is different to one another, better discuss with a mortgage broker. Also,  you need to get FIRB approval (I don't know how much it cost but I heard $7k - $10k). Temp visa holders are not entitled to FHOG (better check with a broker because even FGOG is different state to state). 

1 hour ago, Inaz said:

2 hours ago, X76804 said:

No Home loan without PR from Bank=yes

No it’s wrong you will get a home loan from the bank on 489 visa as I got two properties on 489 visa when I was on 489 6 months ago I bought another property and my house a year ago on 489 so Westpac can give you the loan 

9 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

I am sure this has been asked many times. Our interim Medicare cards expires in December, do they automatically post renewed cards or do we need to visit Centrelink and apply for the renewal? 

Yes, They post new ones and ask you to discard the old ones. No need to apply again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

I am sure this has been asked many times. Our interim Medicare cards expires in December, do they automatically post renewed cards or do we need to visit Centrelink and apply for the renewal? 

I got my new medicare cards delivered to my home without requesting or visiting medicare office.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kmonga09 said:

No it’s wrong you will get a home loan from the bank on 489 visa as I got two properties on 489 visa when I was on 489 6 months ago I bought another property and my house a year ago on 489 so Westpac can give you the loan 

Yes, Westpac accepts 489 visa. 

12 hours ago, Kmonga09 said:

thats very good mike, i have the contract with one estate and they says , Additional 7 % stamp duty on top of regular stamp duty charged by any state and there will be FIRB approval cost (around 5000$). 

will you give idea about any interest charge and other charges might included, please share the details of deposit required if.

32 minutes ago, ankit7775 said:

thats very good mike, i have the contract with one estate and they says , Additional 7 % stamp duty on top of regular stamp duty charged by any state and there will be FIRB approval cost (around 5000$). 

will you give idea about any interest charge and other charges might included, please share the details of deposit required if.

And 489 holders do not get FHBG.... I did a comparison in the early stages of 489 and found out renting is low costly than buying a property, but those days the assumption was I will be able to get the PR within 6 months and then will be able to buy a property within 9 months. Now the processing times have gone crazy all my calculations I did have become invalid. Now I feel I should have bought a property than paying someone else's mortgage. But now it's too late, so I rather wait for PR. 😞  

53 minutes ago, SJay said:

And 489 holders do not get FHBG.... I did a comparison in the early stages of 489 and found out renting is low costly than buying a property, but those days the assumption was I will be able to get the PR within 6 months and then will be able to buy a property within 9 months. Now the processing times have gone crazy all my calculations I did have become invalid. Now I feel I should have bought a property than paying someone else's mortgage. But now it's too late, so I rather wait for PR. 😞  

Just one question on that. Are we eligible for the new 5% deposit scheme? If not, how much percentage we need to pay upfront? Thanks 

11 minutes ago, Dave said:

Just one question on that. Are we eligible for the new 5% deposit scheme? If not, how much percentage we need to pay upfront? Thanks 

Note sure to be honest mate, I reckon we 489 holders have to pay 40% which is bloody huge. 

On 10/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, KC01 said:

Congratulations. Would you please share the documents you have submitted. 

He submitted all the basic documents and on top of that

He added the following:
Statutory Dec from his landlord
2 year bank statement 
Super statement
All tax related documents
Updated AFP
Employer reference letter.

I guess that's pretty much it. Also, he was a single applicant. 
Thanks

4 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Who played with the tracker so there is nothing to see anymore?

(My link does not allow me to touch anything on the tracker - I'm read only)

Could someone please look into this?

Try this one .....definitely someone has played with it....its all fudged.....

. All the best!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1