887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, Mesum said:

Hi All 

I am new in this group but following this wonderful helping community since long. I have applied in Apr 2019. I assume it will take them some time to reach to Apr 2019 applications. 

My question is:  The applicants who got their 887 granted recently, have they started receiving Family Tax Benefit Part A/B ? Or any other support from Centerlink ?

Regards

MM

no benefits till one year 

ACTION REQUIRED FROM ALL US

NEW SBS NEWS ARTICLE IN THE PIPELINE

Hi guys, last August-September 2019 we - as the 887 community on this forum - experienced some true struggles as the DHA was increasing the processing times over and over again. At that given point it was up to 23-24 months processing times.

Really happy to see that they have decreased the processing times now, but still they are a loooong wait if you're waiting on your grant to further built up your life.  

On this forum a few people organised some media attention and a few articles were published on SBS Punjabi. And with some success!

My personal story was published also within one of those articles and YES we did receive our direct grant on 11/11/19. I do believe that the media attention did trigger something with DHA as a lot of 887 applicants did receive an additional email stating that their case was going to be assessed soon.

Anyway... media attention is great to address the never ending limbo 887 applicants are in. DHA should decrease the processing times to at least an appropriate level as we all have been in the country for 2 years already.

Mr. Shamsher Kainth from SBS Punjabi contacted me today again to follow up on my case and requesting if I did receive my grant, hence that he is ON the case and that he does care.

HE WANTS TO WRITE A NEW ARTICLE FOR SBS REGARDING THE STRUGGLES WE'RE FACING WHILST WAITING FOR OUR PR.

his email address: shamsher.kainth@sbs.com.au

He needs to have information from you!

Please write him a letter to describe what your struggles are, why your case seems to be delayed (asking for additional paperwork whilst already provided, not getting the information for the baby medicals on time, not getting another job application because you're temporary, al those things,..), what you want from DHA (more clear information regarding processing times, better communication,...) and what you reckon could improve.

Grab this opportunity with both hands. Every media attention that you can have is great.

Cheers, 

Stellajane.

@TTTF@Dee@nudgee@Megrand1@TakeItOnTheChin@887 2019@Skaur@SUDIP@Hope

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Hi Friends,

I am a silent follower in this group

After 18months wait Received my GRANT today. We are family of 2. Applied on 21st June 2018

First contact on 15th July 2019 asking for work proof (because there was not hours mentioned in my payslip)

Today received our GRANT...

ALL THE BEST friends.. 🎉🎉🎉

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, VJS said:

Hi Friends,

After 18months wait Received my GRANT today. We are family of 2. Applied on 21st June 2018

First contact on 15th July 2019 asking for work proof (because there was not hours mentioned in my payslip)

Congratulations 

who is co ? 

7 minutes ago, VJS said:

Hi Friends,

Congratulations.

21 minutes ago, VJS said:

Hi Friends,

Congratulations.

So CO's are WORKING:-)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, VJS said:

Hi Friends,

Congrats! I’ve also been a silent follower and always happy to see people getting their grants! 

Currently applied in Apr 2019 so still waiting. Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, VJS said:

Hi Friends,

Fantastic News

4 hours ago, Stellajane said:

ACTION REQUIRED FROM ALL US

NEW SBS NEWS ARTICLE IN THE PIPELINE

Hi guys, last August-September 2019 we - as the 887 community on this forum - experienced some true struggles as the DHA was increasing the processing times over and over again. At that given point it was up to 23-24 months processing times.

Really happy to see that they have decreased the processing times now, but still they are a loooong wait if you're waiting on your grant to further built up your life.  

On this forum a few people organised some media attention and a few articles were published on SBS Punjabi. And with some success!

My personal story was published also within one of those articles and YES we did receive our direct grant on 11/11/19. I do believe that the media attention did trigger something with DHA as a lot of 887 applicants did receive an additional email stating that their case was going to be assessed soon.

Anyway... media attention is great to address the never ending limbo 887 applicants are in. DHA should decrease the processing times to at least an appropriate level as we all have been in the country for 2 years already.

Mr. Shamsher Kainth from SBS Punjabi contacted me today again to follow up on my case and requesting if I did receive my grant, hence that he is ON the case and that he does care.

HE WANTS TO WRITE A NEW ARTICLE FOR SBS REGARDING THE STRUGGLES WE'RE FACING WHILST WAITING FOR OUR PR.

his email address: shamsher.kainth@sbs.com.au

He needs to have information from you!

Please write him a letter to describe what your struggles are, why your case seems to be delayed (asking for additional paperwork whilst already provided, not getting the information for the baby medicals on time, not getting another job application because you're temporary, al those things,..), what you want from DHA (more clear information regarding processing times, better communication,...) and what you reckon could improve.

Grab this opportunity with both hands. Every media attention that you can have is great.

Cheers, 

Stellajane.

@TTTF@Dee@nudgee@Megrand1@TakeItOnTheChin@887 2019@Skaur@SUDIP@Hope

That's good news... Applicants who are waiting long should share the stories to address the issues. Specially those who are 12+ months. 

These periodic news articles, will make a difference in long run to bring down the processing time.  As there are many applicants waiting to get over the line. 

All these efforts count for everyone. Keep Contributing to the larger benefit of the group.

Thanks @Stellajane for sharing the info. Much appreciated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]
GRANT GRANT GRANT
applied  20/4/2018
first contact 5/6/2019
second contact 23/12/2019
pre grant 30/12/2019
Grant 6/1/2019 morning
CO: Wilson

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello every one. I got my grant for 887 yesterday which I had applied on May 2018. On 2nd of jan I had made an online complaint that why my file is not finalised as it’s over 18months of lodgement and they finalised it within few days. I would recommend my fellow applicants that if you are waiting for more than 18 months than lodge a complaint online today. Wish you all the best. 

Edited by Smt k
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1