887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, Hope said:

Have any june / July applications called immi lately? And what is the answer they said i am gonne call tomorrow 

I am still in 18 months bracket . If u call them even after 18 months passed also all they can say  is still 10% applicants may take longer n they don't know the exact time frame  .so I would suggest you to complain or give feedback via email  so that they can forward ur email to processing team  n I know u have email them twice or thrice at this stage we really can't do anything. N I reckon soon they going to change processing time to 19 months Plus.well email them one more time for u satisfaction too n see how it goes. I hope u understand i am not a good teacher by the way 😄

Gud luck guys  

Here's an update from my side, we applied on the 02 July 18. On the 03/01/20, I sent a complaint to the department saying that I crossed the 18 months period specified on the website.

Got the standard reply saying that the email has been transferred to the appropriate department. on the 07/01/20, got a reply from CO Dat, saying that the evidence I submitted as requested by CO Sophorn on 23/05/19 is not valid. It took them 9 months to give me this feedback. I'm sure that my complaint triggered them to check my file but to get this as an answer is plain pathetic. I gave them exactly what they requested and now they are saying that it is not valid and gave me another 28 days to submit an EILTS result or another proof of functional english for the secondary applicant. I'm spewing!!!

I guess the take away for everyone here is that if you are past 18 months, file a complaint straight away to force them to open your file, before the time increases again. However, they might come up with some other crazy stuff for you to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bjouana said:

Here's an update from my side, we applied on the 02 July 18. On the 03/01/20, I sent a complaint to the department saying that I crossed the 18 months period specified on the website.

Got the standard reply saying that the email has been transferred to the appropriate department. on the 07/01/20, got a reply from CO Dat, saying that the evidence I submitted as requested by CO Sophorn on 23/05/19 is not valid. It took them 9 months to give me this feedback. I'm sure that my complaint triggered them to check my file but to get this as an answer is plain pathetic. I gave them exactly what they requested and now they are saying that it is not valid and gave me another 28 days to submit an EILTS result or another proof of functional english for the secondary applicant. I'm spewing!!!

I guess the take away for everyone here is that if you are past 18 months, file a complaint straight away to force them to open your file, before the time increases again. However, they might come up with some other crazy stuff for you to do.

Thank you for sharing this info 

How did you send complain? Through feedback form or email ? 

Hi ,

I finished my 1 year work criteria.But residency wise I completed 19months .can I apply for 887 visa before completing 2 years residency criteria.Because I have read somewhere online that processing time will be also considered for residency criteria.Please advise.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, aron said:

Hi ,

I finished my 1 year work criteria.But residency wise I completed 19months .can I apply for 887 visa before completing 2 years residency criteria.Because I have read somewhere online that processing time will be also considered for residency criteria.Please advise.

NO. You must be completed 24 months residency before you lodge your 887 visa, otherwise, you will be rejected. 

• Thanks 1

Hi ,

It’s a big no, don’t even risk it! You will get a visa refusal. Wait another 5 months and apply.

Hi Guys
I have couple of queries, If seniors can kindly answer these for me.............................
I am currently on 489 visa and will complete my 2 years on June 15,2020. I have couple of queries in regards to this.
1.) I am currently on a Part-time contract with 64 hours a fortnight and some overtime. I got my record from my manager and in the last 1 year I have done 1840 hours. Does this suffice the Immigration department's requirements of 35 hours per week? What proof would I need for this, Will my managers letter on offical letter head and payslips suffice?
2.) Since I got 489 visa, I have spent 10 weeks and 3 days in total out of the country. Does that mean that I have to wait 10 weeks and 3 days after June 15, 2020 to lodge 887?
3.) Can I move out of the state after completing my 2 year obligation to another regional area while my 887 be processed?

Thanks in advance
Abi 🙂

11 hours ago, bjouana said:

Can you please share what did you submit at first and what did you submit when they requested proof of functional english and the reason its not valid.. 

thanks

Edited by agk

10 hours ago, aron said:

Hi ,

No, you should not do it. Wait at least 2 years to apply 887. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Abhi said:
Hi Guys
I have couple of queries, If seniors can kindly answer these for me.............................
I am currently on 489 visa and will complete my 2 years on June 15,2020. I have couple of queries in regards to this.
1.) I am currently on a Part-time contract with 64 hours a fortnight and some overtime. I got my record from my manager and in the last 1 year I have done 1840 hours. Does this suffice the Immigration department's requirements of 35 hours per week? What proof would I need for this, Will my managers letter on offical letter head and payslips suffice?
2.) Since I got 489 visa, I have spent 10 weeks and 3 days in total out of the country. Does that mean that I have to wait 10 weeks and 3 days after June 15, 2020 to lodge 887?
3.) Can I move out of the state after completing my 2 year obligation to another regional area while my 887 be processed?

Thanks in advance
Abi 🙂

1) You must have documents stating your Hours, which is equivalent to Full time working hours. Your Payslip is the best supporting document

2) Every year you have 4 weeks of Annual leave so 8 weeks are good, But if you were out of Country for Work related the you can claoim more than that as well. In my case i was 8 weeks on my annual leave and 4 weeks for work related. IMMI considered all and granted 887.

3) Even after completing your 2 yrs, you must be in designated area only as per your 489 visa. Infact, untill your 489 is valid. You will get bridging visa immediately but it will come in effect once 489 expire.

Thanks

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aron said:

Hi ,

Here is a detailed answer and logic to your query.

Technically, you are correct. The eligibility conditions are calculated at the time of application review. E.g. if you become inadmissible after filing the application and before the application review, you will be considered inadmissible.

Your next question should be, if that is true, then why don't all applicants pre-apply while waiting for eligibility conditions to be met?

This is where you need to look at immigration law as a whole and not look at individual parts of the immigration process in isolation. The way immigration department ensures people don't pre-apply and game the queue system, is by making the very first question as following:

image.thumb.png.4094804b7e284cc55d4f63a6d444ace6.png

If you select 'No', application will not be submitted. 

If you select 'Yes', application will be submitted and get into the processing queue. However, you will be committing misrepresentation which will have severe consequences, including you being barred to apply for any visa for 5 years(not sure if that is the bar duration but its some period of that sort).

Edited by Applied_On_15th_Feb_2019
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, agk said:

Can you please share what did you submit at first and what did you submit when they requested proof of functional english and the reason its not valid.. 

thanks

When we applied for 489, we submitted the Australian qualification which is a Diploma from TAFE. We submitted the same document for 887. They sent a request asking for evidence that the course was fully conducted in English (because it was done overseas) and the full transcripts of the course. We submitted the transcripts and an official letter from the registrar of the institution stating that the whole course was done in English. Now they are stating that the proof is unacceptable because the diploma is one year. It seems that the requirement needs to be 2 years of full time study to be eligible. I'm just wondering if that changed since last time I checked. They are now asking for the transcripts for her degree from our home country and another evidence from that institution that the course was conducted in English OR another acceptable proof stated from the website. We are not running any risks this time as we will be submitting a fresh EILTS result together with what they asked and follow up with another complaint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bjouana said:

What's you current visa? Are you the main applicant?

13 hours ago, bjouana said:

I applied 02 July 18 same as you.
got contacted by CO Sophorn on 23/05/19, same as you.
sent complaint on 20 November 2019, received standard response.
call them yesterday, nothing changed.

2 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Dear Morrison, please come back from Hawaii

I applied on the same day 

i got email on September 1 week requested to send consent form 

i have sent 3 email to them complain 1 through feedback however that was before reached 18 months now i crossed 18 months 

i am not sure what to do complain again or just keep looking at the immi account? 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

what are the criteria to fall down in that 10% pool, depending on what?

we provided all the documents requested from us.

based on what I have seen in this forum, it mainly depends on luck...some Cos always require additional dos and some Cos will give direct grant easily, unfortunately I am also the unlucky one 

• Like 1