887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Just now, 887 2019 said:

who eva complete 18 months Please Please please give feedback complaint what eva 😄  !!! they just cant hold our file esp people who still waiting from june july 2018

I gave them a call just now as I passed the processing time, the operator looked to the file (which was not expected and have not happened with the previous call which the response was just wait without looking at the application) and told me some applicants (small amount) can wait more over the published processing time and there is no limit for that waiting 😞

Need some information:-

I stayed with a friend on mine for few weeks while coming to Australia. 

Now I am ready to apply for 887 and looking a letter certified from JP that I stayed with my friend. Will both be required in front of JP to get that letter of he only can get that letter for me?

Is this certificate really required or other proofs can do?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaknap3 said:

Now I am ready to apply for 887 and looking a letter certified from JP that I stayed with my friend. Will both be required in front of JP to get that letter of he only can get that letter for me?

Not required really.. you can mention it in your summary document  that you have stayed for initial  4 weeks in your friends house providing his contact details. 

It is reasonable and very much practical to understand  that applicants coming new to the country,  will have some sort of temporary arrangements for accommodation,it could be hotel/air bnb/relative's or friends house etc. 

so do not fuss much on this. As long as you have your accommodation papers in order where you have resided post the temporary stay. 

Regards 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

If your stay with your friend was for short duration i.e. 2-3 weeks then nothing is required; in case more then your friend can give declaration and only his/her signature should be sufficient. Members with experience can add...

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Stellajane said:

ACTION REQUIRED FROM ALL US

NEW SBS NEWS ARTICLE IN THE PIPELINE

Hi guys, last August-September 2019 we - as the 887 community on this forum - experienced some true struggles as the DHA was increasing the processing times over and over again. At that given point it was up to 23-24 months processing times.

Really happy to see that they have decreased the processing times now, but still they are a loooong wait if you're waiting on your grant to further built up your life.  

On this forum a few people organised some media attention and a few articles were published on SBS Punjabi. And with some success!

My personal story was published also within one of those articles and YES we did receive our direct grant on 11/11/19. I do believe that the media attention did trigger something with DHA as a lot of 887 applicants did receive an additional email stating that their case was going to be assessed soon.

Anyway... media attention is great to address the never ending limbo 887 applicants are in. DHA should decrease the processing times to at least an appropriate level as we all have been in the country for 2 years already.

Mr. Shamsher Kainth from SBS Punjabi contacted me today again to follow up on my case and requesting if I did receive my grant, hence that he is ON the case and that he does care.

HE WANTS TO WRITE A NEW ARTICLE FOR SBS REGARDING THE STRUGGLES WE'RE FACING WHILST WAITING FOR OUR PR.

his email address: shamsher.kainth@sbs.com.au

He needs to have information from you!

Please write him a letter to describe what your struggles are, why your case seems to be delayed (asking for additional paperwork whilst already provided, not getting the information for the baby medicals on time, not getting another job application because you're temporary, al those things,..), what you want from DHA (more clear information regarding processing times, better communication,...) and what you reckon could improve.

Grab this opportunity with both hands. Every media attention that you can have is great.

Cheers, 

Stellajane.

@TTTF@Dee@nudgee@Megrand1@TakeItOnTheChin@887 2019@Skaur@SUDIP@Hope

Thanks a ton; not completed 12 months yet; ;will have to wait :(......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Please confirm if documents can be added at any time to 887 application till the time file is opened ?

Yes; you can add documents even after the application is filed till the file is not opened and even after that if CO asks...

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dee said:

Yes; you can add documents even after the application is filed till the file is not opened and even after that if CO asks...

Thanks Dee for the prompt response...

does this mean that we can simply upload form 80 and fill other details and add the documents later?

also can form 80 be uploaded later ?

• Like 1

How do we follow up.

we were contacted on the 16/12/19 submitted necessary paperwork 

we just want to get out of the far south coast we have been under threat from these bushfires from the 31st December.

we just need some positive outcome we are so scared to leave the aea because of the criteria not being fulfilled 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaknap3 said:

Thanks Dee for the prompt response...

does this mean that we can simply upload form 80 and fill other details and add the documents later?

also can form 80 be uploaded later ?

Yes you can upload everything later; i would recommend uploading complete Form 80 whenever you do that and yes you can do that later; also i would highly recommend uploading police clearance atleast after 3-4 months of filing your application so that hopefully you will not need to renew the same.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

How do we follow up.

we were contacted on the 16/12/19 submitted necessary paperwork 

we just want to get out of the far south coast we have been under threat from these bushfires from the 31st December.

we just need some positive outcome we are so scared to leave the aea because of the criteria not being fulfilled 

I suggest you call DIBP as you have a genuine concern and i am sure they will listed to you. All the best!!

3 minutes ago, Dee said:

Yes you can upload everything later; i would recommend uploading complete Form 80 whenever you do that and yes you can do that later; also i would highly recommend uploading police clearance atleast after 3-4 months of filing your application so that hopefully you will not need to renew the same.

Just another query :-

I went overseas for 5 weeks in this December (2019) and had not taken any holidays last year. 

So will this 5 weeks be considered in 2 years period (18-19) or for 1 year period (2019)?

• Like 1