887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Just now, 887:- 24/12/2018 said:

Hi Ninolaine,

Does CO asked  on written that she can’t accept uni certificate completed on English medium? or she just asked the functional english again.

As when I applied mine 489 Co’s asked us functional English for dependant applicant we submitted all docs for functional English(uni certificate) during application process.  My agent resubmitted all the university certificate including transcripts and that’s work.

Hi,

This is what she sent:

image.png.e9bcd8d6332413893399e7d1f574be93.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dany said:

Grant Grant Grant.

Guys i have been granted 887 Visa Just Now. 
Date Applied: 10th February 2018

CO Assigned: 16th February 2019

CO: Sophorn

Case officer changed to Regina on October 2019

Granted On 10th February 2020

Exactly 2 Years. 

Two Weeks Ago i gave an email complaint to Ombudsman about the delay and got a call from them and said they will look into this matter. I guess calling them worked.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT AND WISH EVERYONE THE BEST. 

Congratulations! 

• Like 1

Just now, Dee said:

Not even PTE??

NO PTE either. wife actually tried to get assessment from  Australian Adult Migrant English Program from CQU which is free for 489 holders but when she inquired our 489 is about to expire and will be in BVA in a week. they didn't accept her and said she has good english and it's only for those who are having a hard time with the language. they sent her an email explaining that so we uploaded a copy of that email as well. We uploaded her letter from uni back home and school records showing it's a 4 year course. but yeah CO Regina didn't accept all of that.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ninolaine said:

NO PTE either. wife actually tried to get assessment from  Australian Adult Migrant English Program from CQU which is free for 489 holders but when she inquired our 489 is about to expire and will be in BVA in a week. they didn't accept her and said she has good english and it's only for those who are having a hard time with the language. they sent her an email explaining that so we uploaded a copy of that email as well. We uploaded her letter from uni back home and school records showing it's a 4 year course. but yeah CO Regina didn't accept all of that.

Hard Luck i would say...

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

Yeah but what can we do but to comply. our problem now is there is no ielts here. we need to travel 4 hrs by drive or by plane, because they keep us in regional area where everything is inaccessible..

where do you stay? did you upload  the transcript and does the letter from Uni specifically say the course was conducted in English medium. 

1 hour ago, ninolaine said:

Hi,

This is what she sent:

image.png.e9bcd8d6332413893399e7d1f574be93.png

This is good news and bad news.. one way they picked up your file  to look in which is good news and the bad news this question could potentially result in further unnecessary delay..

I think it will best to call and have a discussion  raising with the case officer .. since as per website the letter should be perfect for proving functional English. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

Asking same thing again and is not very fair on the applicant as it results in delays for no reason. That too when the application is in line with the requirements. 

Best of luck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TTTF said:

This is good news and bad news.. one way they picked up your file  to look in which is good news and the bad news this question could potentially result in further unnecessary delay..

I think it will best to call and have a discussion  raising with the case officer .. since as per website the letter should be perfect for proving functional English. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

Asking same thing again and is not very fair on the applicant as it results in delays for no reason. That too when the application is in line with the requirements. 

Best of luck. 

hi TTTF, 

I have raised a complaint online. resubmitted the documents including the expired ielts. I have renamed the file though, "Functional english as per legislation". not sure if my use of term legislation is right but maybe it'll work. but as per @Dee tough luck! while waiting we will be booking an ielts as well, 4 hours drive or a plane ticket fare is nothing compared to the pain of an endless wait...

i hope others get some good news today. i still feel better now than no contact at all.

2 hours ago, ninolaine said:

if only we have IELTS for wife uploaded too, we could have had the grant as well

IELTS/PTE is not required for secondary applicant. It is not mentioned in any of the documents list. Only proof of functional English is required.

Why don't you raise a complaint ?

27 minutes ago, Hussan said:

Hi If we have provided PTE score as an evidence of functional English for secondary applicant at the time of 489 which is expired now. Do we have to provide again the new one ??

Generally one year, especially if the results show functional English (ie average band of at least 4.5 in IELTS) . However, for vocational English and higher level of English, test results are valid for 3 years. Test results need to be valid at the time of lodgement of 887 visa. It does not matter if they expire whilst waiting for the 887 visa grant.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ninolaine said:

hi TTTF, 

I have raised a complaint online. resubmitted the documents including the expired ielts. I have renamed the file though, "Functional english as per legislation". not sure if my use of term legislation is right but maybe it'll work. but as per @Dee tough luck! while waiting we will be booking an ielts as well, 4 hours drive or a plane ticket fare is nothing compared to the pain of an endless wait...

i hope others get some good news today. i still feel better now than no contact at all.

Hope things get resolved for your guys via complaint process... rather than going through all the time consuming process and continue to wait. 

• Thanks 1