887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hello Guys

Long time silent follower...I have a query regarding my 887 visa Police Clearance Situation...In the Past 10 years I have lived in the UK, Pakistan (my Home Country ) and now Australia...Since I applied for 887 on the 01/01/2019 ..I recently re uploaded new Australian AFP this month...so hopefully that's good... but as long for the UK Police clearance which has expired back in January this year and the Pakistani Police Clearance which is expiring coming month...

my question is shall i wait on the UK and the Pakistani police clearance cause CO might not even ask for them and the older one will be sufficient..or there is more of a probability that they gonna ask for it and i shall start working on right now to save me time...

any suggestion will be much appreciated 

33 minutes ago, Muhammad said:

Hello Guys

Long time silent follower...I have a query regarding my 887 visa Police Clearance Situation...In the Past 10 years I have lived in the UK, Pakistan (my Home Country ) and now Australia...Since I applied for 887 on the 01/01/2019 ..I recently re uploaded new Australian AFP this month...so hopefully that's good... but as long for the UK Police clearance which has expired back in January this year and the Pakistani Police Clearance which is expiring coming month...

my question is shall i wait on the UK and the Pakistani police clearance cause CO might not even ask for them and the older one will be sufficient..or there is more of a probability that they gonna ask for it and i shall start working on right now to save me time...

any suggestion will be much appreciated 

you want visa or 100 $ ???

that's your choice..... if want to save some dollars the wait for more infinite time. 

Hi Friends

I have one urgent and important enquiry about 887 visa. I got my 489 visa on Nov 2016 and my two years completed on Nov 2018 but I visited 2 time in my first 2 year stay which is 79 days in first visit and 77 in second visit. After Nov 2018 I am waiting to compensate these travel time and I visit overseas 3rd time in that waiting or compensating period which is only 22 days. In third visit I got 4 weeks of annual leave in which 3 weaks are paid and 1 is unpaid annual leave. So my query is that my total time out from country was 178 days but by mistake I only Compensate 164 days which leave 14 days of gap so do I need to worry about these 14 days or not.

Also any one have email of Immigration so that I can contact them regarding my situstion because on phone they didn't give any valueable response

Thanks

Hi Friends

I have one urgent and important enquiry about 887 visa. I got my 489 visa on Nov 2016 and my two years completed on Nov 2018 but I visited 2 time in my first 2 year stay which is 79 days in first visit and 77 in second visit. After Nov 2018 I am waiting to compensate these travel time and I visit overseas 3rd time in that waiting or compensating period which is only 22 days. In third visit I got 4 weeks of annual leave in which 3 weaks are paid and 1 is unpaid annual leave. So my query is that my total time out from country was 178 days but by mistake I only Compensate 164 days which leave 14 days of gap so do I need to worry about these 14 days or not.

Also any one have email of Immigration so that I can contact them regarding my situstion because on phone they didn't give any valueable response

Thanks

Hi Friends

Thanks

57 minutes ago, Sidhu said:

Hi Friends

Thanks

Every year 4 weeks you can stay out of Australia. 79+77+22=178/7=26 weeks =6.5 months ....so ur 887 due on June 2019 when did u applied 

1 hour ago, Sidhu said:

Hi Friends

Thanks

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/from-a-489-to-a-887-visa/

I have a feeling that due to coronavirus Cos are all working from home and especially the casual staffs that handle 887 will not even work in this period, we may need to wait until around July when this virus is cleared worldwide, they even cancelled this month's invitation for 189 last night. Everyone suffer in 2020 unfortunately 

Edited by nudgee
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I have a feeling that due to coronavirus Cos are all working from home and especially the casual staffs that handle 887 will not even work in this period, we may need to wait until around July when this virus is cleared worldwide, everyone suffer in 2020 unfortunately 

I think due to Coronavirus the CO's have been allocated to other work that would "take priority". My friend has been waiting for her mom's visitor visa for over 55 days (it normally takes 17 -28 days). At the end of the day Coronavirus is going to have a massive impact on Home Affairs, and they can't simply hire new CO's to address the issue. They would have pulled the CO's from other visas to assist with this issue.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

I think due to Coronavirus the CO's have been allocated to other work that would "take priority". My friend has been waiting for her mom's visitor visa for over 55 days (it normally takes 17 -28 days). At the end of the day Coronavirus is going to have a massive impact on Home Affairs, and they can't simply hire new CO's to address the issue. They would have pulled the CO's from other visas to assist with this issue.

yea true DHA is very busy with Coronavirus affected visas (mainly visitor visa and student visa) , and the Cos that assigned to 887 are casuals and will perform different tasks base on the demand. 887 is the smallest group of skill migration visas and is always the least priority 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, DANISH RAZA said:

Dear All fellows 

need serious advice 

my wife’s father is seriously ill and she wants to go overseas till Ausgust 2020.

Our 489 visa will Expire June 2020

887 application still in process since 19 months.

so I want to ask will visa be granted if she is overseas?

do she need need bridging Visa B? 

will I get 887 grant because I am not going with her?

Can she go overseas for 6 months on 489 visa or no? 

Hi there any grant from August 2018..? It’s quite sad the time frame keep increasing 

Hey guys,

I have been reading comments and posts on this forum as a guest for a while now but today I decided to sign up, only to share my thoughts and views on this whole 887 fiasco. It is an established fact that the visa processing time has dramatically increased as compared to past years. There are a lot of people here who are frustrated and disheartened by the wait as their life is on hold and every opportunity teases them as it passes them by. To add to the processing times now we have COVID to make matters worse (and for the department to use it as an excuse for delays). Having said all of that I just want to throw some light on the suggestions of some of the members to go to the media, ombudsman and other channels to complain. Please note that no matter what we say and do the department will always find ways to defend their processes and systems. If you read the complaints and feedback section on their website it clearly states what kind of complaints they entertain and what is considered unreasonable and unacceptable. I only want to suggest that all members  think about the repercussions of any complaints as it will only mean wasting our time and money. Besides, the department will always be in the all clear as they adopt the practice of increasing processing times the moment they have a backlog. This way we will always be within the processing times! FRUSTRATING TRUTH OF THE MATTER!  For those who have already past the processing times, you still have to put up with the never ending wait as the department will dismiss your requests and complaints by giving you vague replies. Below are a couple of examples from the department's website that define unreasonable client conduct,

• Unreasonable demands for action which falls outside of the scope and standards of this policy
  • Unreasonable persistence including refusal to accept an outcome, resolution and/or pursuing a closed complaint without any new information.

So wait patiently and silently. I know it's easier said than done by I'm in the same boat as you. Use this forum to gather information and guidance. Good luck to all! 

Edited by Guest
Grammatical