887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hello Members!

New member here. I just want to know,

Does anyone here who were secondary applicant from 489 and happened to be primary applicant to 887? 

I want to clarify if still need to provide a valid competent english result?

As mine already expired  prior to the 887 visa  lodgement.

Thank you.

46 minutes ago, Rocky1 said:

Finally the day has arrived today, delighted to share Direct Grant details:

Application Date 02/04/19

Direct Grant Date 21/05/20

CO Andrej

Docs- Along with all basic docs, wife's ielts, no ielts for primary applicant (not requested either). I believe its just random COs are asking for IELTS.

You people are legends, helping each other. This world would be so beautiful if we all help each other in outside world too.

I'm happy, ready to open my scotch.

Many Congratulations...

48 minutes ago, Rocky1 said:

CO Andrej

Docs- Along with all basic docs, wife's ielts, no ielts for primary applicant (not requested either). I believe its just random COs are asking for IELTS.

You people are legends, helping each other. This world would be so beautiful if we all help each other in outside world too.

Hi mate, congrats first!

May I ask did you provide health examination to CO?

thanks

2 hours ago, Kaysavan said:

Not mine unfortunately. But I'd like to raise a complaint and for feedback to be passed on to CO's. The legislation does not state an English requirement. So I'm not sure why it's being asked. I spoke a consultant friend last week who said that since offshore visas are not being processed now, those CO's have been assigned to the 887 queue and some of them may not be aware of the requirements.

From which uni have you completed your bachelors? Because in GTU transcript rear page they have mentioned medium of study was English. 

5 hours ago, Kiran seri said:

Hello Guys,

Golden Mail of life time 

GRANT  GRANT GRANT 

applied March 27, 2019.

Granted 21 May 2020.

Family of 3

CASE OFFICE JUDITH Brisbane.

i have not written any English Test, i was 2nd applicant for 489 and main applicant for 887.

i have overseas qualification of Degree and Post Graduate, i have English education letter from my Degree College, my wife and i have done our certificate Verified by the Education of Queensland for equivalence of Overseas degree with Australian qualification. my wife has done her certificate 3 online, and college letter for English education.

489 Queensland state sponsored. went to Melbourne, stayed there for 3 months with my cousin, later moved to Geelong,   got a job in Geelong i informed the the queensland about my job. the officer told he would cancel my visa and he told me it is a breach in visa condition, he told me it would be fine if i go an stay in regional Queensland. so from the it was all good.

I am really happy  and thank full that the forum as given good and quick information when required .

i wish all the best who is waiting for Grants.

Congratulation who received the golden mail. 

hey congratz mate, did you move back to regional QLD from Geelong? 

11 minutes ago, Charizard said:

For all those who got grants, has someone gotten a grant with passport expiring within 3-4 months. Wondering if it’ll be an issue as the covid situation is resulting in months of waiting before you get a new passport

I remember case here a while ago where the co asked for renewed passport because the validity of his passport was less than 6 months , you better apply for pp renewal asap if possible 

Hi all,

I've got a request/suggestion: 

Most of us here know that Functional English is not a requirement if it is the same primary applicant for both the 489 and 887, but recently we have had a few CO's ask for this and this is another factor contributing to unnecessary delays with our 887. 

Could people who are effected by this(even if you have already done your English test/been granted the visa) go on to the home affairs page (link below) and provide feedback/suggestion please.

This might not benefit you directly, but will help people who are stuck in the queue by hopefully reducing unjustified requests from CO's. We know that we've had to wait an insane amount of time for our visas, and if the correct feedback is passed on to CO's, they might not come up with random requests. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

All complaints are looked into, so if you make a complaint that's not anonymous, you will receive an acknowledgement and a resolution/response in 15 days. 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2020 at 12:26 PM, jasmin FR said:

Dear All members,

Last week, I complaint that CO’s are asking for functional English requirement. Can they accept old IELTS results which already provided in 2016 almost expired? What will be the solution in my case?

This is the home affair answer

Dear Ms Jasmeen,

The Department of Home Affairs has received your feedback on 15 May 2020.

The Feedback Form enables us to respond to clients who provide us with suggestions, compliments and complaints about the service the department provides. As the matter you raise is a general enquiry, it is not possible for the Global Feedback Unit to assist you with this matter.

If you have a question regarding visa, citizenship, travel or trade, including bringing goods in and out of Australia please see the information on our website at www.homeaffairs.gov.au

Did you raise it as a feedback or complaint? I raised it as a complaint and I had a response :

The Department of Home Affairs has received your feedback on 15 May 2020. Feedback on our processes and services is important and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

The Department of Home Affairs is managing the impact of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) on its critical functions and services.  Client feedback will continue to be monitored and investigated but may not be responded to within our usual timeframes.

Information regarding COVID-19 and its impact on the Departments services is available at www.homeaffairs.gov.au. If you require addition information, we are continuing to update the Department’s website as further details become available.

We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this period.

4 hours ago, Sunny_March19 said:

GRANT GRANT GRANT

Love you guys for all your support and help..special thanks to Nudgee and Dee for all your motivation..

Application Date: 30 March 2019

Case Officer : Andrej

Three weeks before I uploaded Indian PCC and AFP for me and my wife.

Due to the English requirement, last week I uploaded English proof Letter from my University and my school along with  Degree and Marksheets  

Also uploaded latest super and bank statements, some of the latest payslips.

Thank you again.

All the very best for the 2018 and 2019 guys. 

congratz 

6 hours ago, Kiran seri said:

Hello Guys,

Golden Mail of life time 

GRANT  GRANT GRANT 

applied March 27, 2019.

Granted 21 May 2020.

Family of 3

CASE OFFICE JUDITH Brisbane.

i have not written any English Test, i was 2nd applicant for 489 and main applicant for 887.

i have overseas qualification of Degree and Post Graduate, i have English education letter from my Degree College, my wife and i have done our certificate Verified by the Education of Queensland for equivalence of Overseas degree with Australian qualification. my wife has done her certificate 3 online, and college letter for English education.

489 Queensland state sponsored. went to Melbourne, stayed there for 3 months with my cousin, later moved to Geelong,   got a job in Geelong i informed the the queensland about my job. the officer told he would cancel my visa and he told me it is a breach in visa condition, he told me it would be fine if i go an stay in regional Queensland. so from the it was all good.

I am really happy  and thank full that the forum as given good and quick information when required .

i wish all the best who is waiting for Grants.

Congratulation who received the golden mail. 

Congrats

6 hours ago, Peace said:

887 Application date: 29/03/2019

Grant Date: 21/05/2019

Family of 3

489 NT sponsored, lived there for 2.5 years then moved to NSW regional for better job opportunity.

Main applicant: same for 489 & 887

CO Nikhila

Office brisbane

Congrats

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sunny_March19 said:

GRANT GRANT GRANT

Love you guys for all your support and help..special thanks to Nudgee and Dee for all your motivation..

Application Date: 30 March 2019

Case Officer : Andrej

Three weeks before I uploaded Indian PCC and AFP for me and my wife.

Due to the English requirement, last week I uploaded English proof Letter from my University and my school along with  Degree and Marksheets  

Also uploaded latest super and bank statements, some of the latest payslips.

Thank you again.

All the very best for the 2018 and 2019 guys. 

Congrats

2 hours ago, Rocky1 said:

CO Andrej

Congrats

1 hour ago, Daniella said:

Hello Members!

New member here. I just want to know,

Does anyone here who were secondary applicant from 489 and happened to be primary applicant to 887? 

I want to clarify if still need to provide a valid competent english result?

As mine already expired  prior to the 887 visa  lodgement.

Thank you.

As a primary applicant you are required to provide functional english certificate which should not be less than 12 months old unless it is an academic award. And same goes for secondary applicant also.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Charizard said:

For all those who got grants, has someone gotten a grant with passport expiring within 3-4 months. Wondering if it’ll be an issue as the covid situation is resulting in months of waiting before you get a new passport

One should have atleast 6 months of validity on the passport otherwise you won't get a grant.

13 minutes ago, A_D said:

As a primary applicant you are required to provide functional english certificate which should not be less than 12 months old unless it is an academic award. And same goes for secondary applicant also.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. I had an IELTS when we were applying to 489 even I was dependent. But that was August 2016 and I had applied the 887 last March 2020.

I think I couldn't use that anymore. I've already attached all the overseas academic award with a letter saying english is the medium instruction from Uni.

Would it be enough? 

1 minute ago, Daniella said:

Thanks for that. I had an IELTS when we were applying to 489 even I was dependent. But that was August 2016 and I had applied the 887 last March 2020.

I think I couldn't use that anymore. I've already attached all the overseas academic award with a letter saying english is the medium instruction from Uni.

Would it be enough? 

I think so if the award given after two years full time study.  But based on current trend of some requests by COs, it is totally on the COs as to what they want to consider and not. However, as per legislation you should be good.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, A_D said:

Hope this helps.

thats not true

57 minutes ago, A_D said:

Hope this helps.

Not correct at all