887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, bornil said:

Guys, Just got email from case officer. Did not ask any document , just said that application is on progress

Apply date: 19th April,2019

Case Officer: Eng (never heard of this case officer as per trend)

Office: Adelaide

Anybody got notification like me?

image.thumb.png.dcc929d064037787f2ed084ef3e0d742.png

Can someone reply on my issue plz?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nudgee said:

This is the first time I see they send this to 887 applicant. but at least it means they are working on your file. Hope they give you a direct grant

Thanks Nudgee. I did not hear it before also. Just knew that one of my friend got it during his 190 visa time 3 years before.

But wondering, my application has basic things for CO to ask

1. My daughter is now 7 months old, but still I have not her passport due to covid.

2. I have known that her Hap Id and health examination requirement is 95% probable.

Dont know when CO will ping me again. 

Can you update me in tracker? its wrongly said applicant with two wifes...:P

• Haha 2

Thanks Nudgee. I did not hear it before also. Just knew that one of my friend got it during his 190 visa time 3 years before.

But wondering, my application has basic things for CO to ask
1. My daughter is now 7 months old, but still I have not her passport due to covid.
2. I have known that her Hap Id and health examination requirement is 95% probable.

Dont know when CO will ping me again. 

Can you update me in tracker? its wrongly said applicant with two wifes...:P

Have no ideas who put the 2 wifes on tracker lol will update it
  • Haha 2

Just now, Megrand1 said:

If I click the link, it will be 186

If you read it thoroughly it only tell number of ways you can prove functional English but it’s written in technical terms. Apart from my agent I had discussed it with Mark also even he said there is no requirement as such.

6 minutes ago, Jessi said:

If you read it thoroughly it only tell number of ways you can prove functional English but it’s written in technical terms. Apart from my agent I had discussed it with Mark also even he said there is no requirement as such.

Yes exactly what i was looking for..as website only talks about a degree/primary secondary schooling.. but not how it is evidenced. 

Hopefully the complaints raised .. will bring some clarity on this topic.

Edited by TTTF
info

Just now, TTTF said:

Hopefully the complaints raised .. will bring some clarity 

The department have acknowledged my complaint & had said that they had forwarded same to concerned department.If I receive any news will update in group.I don’t know how much time they will take.

32 minutes ago, A_D said:

Nope....Its the regulations and are applicable for all the visa's.

Sorry, but I don't think it's true. I've been through the specific legislation for 887 and it talks about functional English requirement for dependents only.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, as this will put to rest a lot of apprehension we've had about this topic. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jessi said:

The department have acknowledged my complaint & had said that they had forwarded same to concerned department.If I receive any news will update in group.I don’t know how much time they will take.

Same old bureaucratic process..They should typically respond back in 3 weeks. lets wait..Can't do much.

• Like 1

Just now, Kaysavan said:

Sorry, but I don't think it's true. I've been through the specific legislation for 887 and it talks about functional English requirement for dependents only.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, as this will put to rest a lot of apprehension we've had about this topic. 

Let's wait for an official response.

Me and my wife applied on 28th oct 2018.

First contact : 12th jan 2019 requesting for additional documents which were then submitted with a day or two.

Our bridging visa started on 19th of May

Still waiting for the golden reply.

Seems like forever 😭

CO: wendy

Edited by Parag
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parag said:

First contact : 12th jan 2019 requesting for additional documents which were then submitted with a day or two.

Seems like forever 😭

Lodge complaint 

6 minutes ago, Parag said:

Seems like forever 😭

CO: wendy

I would send them an suggestion instead of a complaint this time. I'm sure that you have complained before. I have done suggestions 3 times, i got positive responds every single time.

First time, i suggested them to provide list of documents that required to expedite the grant once open.  Then got an email saying Baby medical and Function English Required.

Provide the functional English and Medical and sent another suggestion, provided all the docs please finalize my application. Got the Grant next day.

Without knowing  that i had the grant , i sent another suggestion,  next day i got another respond saying your application is finalized.

Looks like they are treating the suggestions is different aspects rather than complains.  Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TNTA said:

Hi A_D, thanks for your reply which is clear. I just had a call with DIPB. The person who answered the call confirmed 3 points (i) Vocational english evidence and above has 3 years validity as per DIPB website, (ii) Vocational english could be substituted for Functional english, (iii) the case officer may not differentiate Functional vs Vocational or upper level in their decision making. However, as she is not the decision maker, she can only provide reference id# of the call and suggest me to quote this ref in an explanation letter then upload the letter along with a new scan of the same IELTS score, for the case officer to reconsider.

I did as per her advice. In the same time, my spouse also booked a test but sadly the earliest date we have where we live is 30 June which means we expect a few months of delay. 

I will update you guys if I have a positive response, thanks

Please update us about this case. Thanks 

20 minutes ago, R.Jay said:

I would send them an suggestion instead of a complaint this time. I'm sure that you have complained before. I have done suggestions 3 times, i got positive responds every single time.

First time, i suggested them to provide list of documents that required to expedite the grant once open.  Then got an email saying Baby medical and Function English Required.

Provide the functional English and Medical and sent another suggestion, provided all the docs please finalize my application. Got the Grant next day.

Without knowing  that i had the grant , i sent another suggestion,  next day i got another respond saying your application is finalized.

Looks like they are treating the suggestions is different aspects rather than complains.  Just my opinion.

What’s the details of your 887 visa?

when did you apply, first contact, suggestion and the grant date?

i thought they are clearing the backlog since yesterday. Mainly there were April applicants who are granted today. 

4 minutes ago, April 2019 said:

I applied on18 April 2019

today i got an email for submission of another documents

1 AFP

2 PCC

3 Proof of English ability language for primary applicant.  

Can i give bachelor degree as a proof

Did you submit PCC at the time of submitting your application? Thanks

4 minutes ago, April 2019 said:

I applied on18 April 2019

today i got an email for submission of another documents

1 AFP

2 PCC

3 Proof of English ability language for primary applicant.  

Can i give bachelor degree as a proof

Haven't you provided AFP & PCC while lodging 887?

Also haven't you uploaded ur degree certificates initially ?