887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

19 minutes ago, Daisy26 said:

Hi I just went to Medicare to enrol, I just apply PR today and I was under the impression the valid date is one year from today, but on the temporary card(a piece of paper) it states valid till 10th March 2020,  10th March was the date my 489 was granted, can anyone who applied for Medicare please advise, is it normal or is the officer made a mistake ? Why my temporary card only valid for 10 months? Should I go there and get them fix it ?? 

You have to get that card reissue after expiry

2 minutes ago, Simmie said:

They have sent us new medicare before the old one was expire but hopefull you will get ur pr within 12 months and will get the actual medicare.. good luck 

Hi thank you so it is normal that they issue me a Medicare card that only valid for 10 months? I apply today 29 May but the card expire on 10 March. 

Hi I just went to Medicare to enrol, I just apply PR today and I was under the impression the valid date is one year from today, but on the temporary card(a piece of paper) it states valid till 10th March 2020,  10th March was the date my 489 was granted, can anyone who applied for Medicare please advise, is it normal or is the officer made a mistake ? Why my temporary card only valid for 10 months? Should I go there and get them fix it ?? 
You will get another card before it expired. I think medicare facilities starts from the date you apply for Medicare. I was eligible to lodge 887 on November but I applied in December. For some reason I applied my medicare on March. My medicare card will expired next year March. After all it will not be an issue stay positive.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

Me (Anonymous2017): 
Applied 21/09/17
22/03/18: CO Adam - Child's medical
3/7/18: CO Dat - my original police clearance by post and a stat dec with my daughter's pics saying that the child presented for medical and the child in passport are same
17/10/18: CO Adam - Hardcopies of two overseas police certificates required for myself.
01/03/19: Provided new overseas pcc for myself
30/04/19: CO Sophorn - Provide new AFPs as previous ones have expired
13/05/19:CO Peter - Provide new overseas pcc fo wife as previous one expired,
uploaded 27/05/19
28/05/19: CO Peter - GRANT!!
Congratulations

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

Dear all,

I am sharing my personal experience to all.

I lodged my 887 visa on Dec 2017 and 1st case officer allocated on end of July 2018. They asked adverse information explanation. Failing to proof the adverse information lead to section PIC 4020 band of 3 years in Australia.

Department checked my social media like LinkedIn, zoominfo profile etc where I have not updated my current job profile and position. According to the social media I was still living and working in the metro area.  Honestly speaking after I move to a regional area, I never bother to update this information. Case officer found this info and asked for the explanation or I will get PIC 4020. So I contacted all these social media platforms and collected data from that. Also I have hired a superman (migration agent) and he submitted a huge submission to the department.

After 10 months 7 May 2019 NEW case officer assigned. This time case office asking that they found 3 names as alias. These names are my Father mother and brother. I have submitted their photo IDs and state declaration to the department. Also I have complained to the department about this silly information. After I lodged my complaint in 2 days I got the PR.

Below are my suggestion to fellow members

1.       Check you facebook, LinkedIn etc profile if you haven’t update your current employment information please do it. Otherwise, you will suffer like my.

2.       Don’t buy or commit to buying any property or land unless until you get PR email. Otherwise, you will suffer huge financial loss.

3.       After lodgement of 887 visa if you travel overseas get an overseas police clearance.

Best of luck all.

Russki I love you so much. You are a real hero

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, nelakash said:

Dear all,

I lodged my 887 visa on Dec 2017 and 1st case officer allocated on end of July 2018. They asked adverse information explanation. Failing to proof the adverse information lead to section PIC 4020 band of 3 years in Australia.

Department checked my social media like LinkedIn, zoominfo profile etc where I have not updated my current job profile and position. According to the social media I was still living and working in the metro area.  Honestly speaking after I move to a regional area, I never bother to update this information. Case officer found this info and asked for the explanation or I will get PIC 4020. So I contacted all these social media platforms and collected data from that. Also I have hired a superman (migration agent) and he submitted a huge submission to the department.

After 10 months 7 May 2019 NEW case officer assigned. This time case office asking that they found 3 names as alias. These names are my Father mother and brother. I have submitted their photo IDs and state declaration to the department. Also I have complained to the department about this silly information. After I lodged my complaint in 2 days I got the PR.

1.       Check you facebook, LinkedIn etc profile if you haven’t update your current employment information please do it. Otherwise, you will suffer like my.

2.       Don’t buy or commit to buying any property or land unless until you get PR email. Otherwise, you will suffer huge financial loss.

3.       After lodgement of 887 visa if you travel overseas get an overseas police clearance.

Best of luck all.

All's well that ends well

Congratulations 

thank you for sharing your experience. Can you please list the names of case officers you gone through in this process🙏

Guys I know it’s tough for us to wait a long time but hey enjoy your life everyone, life is too short to worry . We have done our best and just stay positive :) enjoy yourself with your family and please don’t be beaten by this everyday, my friend was right the other day she told me there is no need to worry about how many grants per day just be happy and enjoy life :)

God bless us :) :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Vinh said:

DUTTON IS COMING BACK ;((

Yeah he is back and I am not optimistic about it 

I am so worried about that he will re present the citizenship law which will take us another 4 years on PR before we apply to citizenship instead of next year @Russki so that’s why I am sooooo stressed again and my family too

so the journey will take us to get the citizenship 9 years !!!!!! 😞 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, adam said:

I am so worried about that he will re present the citizenship law which will take us another 4 years on PR before we apply to citizenship instead of next year @Russki so that’s why I am sooooo stressed again and my family too

Did he say about this?

12 hours ago, nelakash said:

Dear all,

Best of luck all.

WHAT? did they assess your application based on your social media profiles? 

3 hours ago, Preax said:

WHAT? did they assess your application based on your social media profiles? 

15 hours ago, nelakash said:

Dear all,

Best of luck all.

@nelakash, thank you SO MUCH for sharing this with us. We should have discussed it earlier here, on the forum, it is important stuff. 

Yes, it is true, case officers often look at your social media profile, especially, for partners visas. I didn't know that before. But then I heard about partners visas being refused because a couple who applied didn't have photos of them together on Facebook! Actually, according to my Facebook page I still live in UK, and work for my old employer. I just don't update and hardly use my Facebook profile... 

Bottom line: guys, be careful. Check your social media pages, update LinkedIn! 🙂 Google yourself, see what pops up! 😉 What you see on the screen is what the case officer sees when they google you. They DO check. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, adam said:

It is not exciting news about Peter Dutton, but please don't worry in advance about citizenship, we will cross this bridge when we come to it.

Remember, last time he was trying to introduce harder English test and longer residency requirement (4 years as PR), he had a huge backlash from public, parliament and media. I really hope, that this "shield" continues to work and this law will not be passed. Fingers crossed! 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Preax said:

If I made a small mistake in form 80, can I upload a new form 80 or do I need to fill correction form 1022?

instead of 1/125/12 XXXXXX Road, I have mentioned as 1/129/12 XXXXX Road in my address (an old address)

Submitting "Incorrect answer" form should be fine! 🙂  No need for a small mistake to re-do the whole form 80. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

If I made a small mistake in form 80, can I upload a new form 80 or do I need to fill correction form 1022?
instead of 1/125/12 XXXXXX Road, I have mentioned as 1/129/12 XXXXX Road in my address (an old address)

Yea submitted incorrect answer form, just a minor error don’t worry :) if you resubmit form 80 CO probably don’t know where the error is
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Russki said:

Submitting "Incorrect answer" form should be fine! 🙂  No need for a small mistake to re-do the whole form 80. 🙂 

17 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Yea submitted incorrect answer form, just a minor error don’t worry 🙂 if you resubmit form 80 CO probably don’t know where the error is

Thanks, @Russki and @nudgee

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Russki said:

It is not exciting news about Peter Dutton, but please don't worry in advance about citizenship, we will cross this bridge when we come to it.

Remember, last time he was trying to introduce harder English test and longer residency requirement (4 years as PR), he had a huge backlash from public, parliament and media. I really hope, that this "shield" continues to work and this law will not be passed. Fingers crossed! 😉 

Thanks Russki