887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

18 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

Hi All,

Does anyone know how long does it take CO to review the requested documents submitted by us?

My application status at "Further assessment"

Thanks.

I have been in that status for 3 months...Still without new contacts 😭

2 hours ago, Preax said:

If I made a small mistake in form 80, can I upload a new form 80 or do I need to fill correction form 1022?

instead of 1/125/12 XXXXXX Road, I have mentioned as 1/129/12 XXXXX Road in my address (an old address)

Sorry I am not answering your question but pointing out that I have done something similar, There is a question in form 80 “ have you  lived in more than 1 regional area something like that which I have answered in “No” . As I thought  I have only live in SA but now i am thinking I have lived in two suburbs as I have moved to a new rental property, so does it mean i have leaved in two regional areas? Should I have written “yes” instead. I have provided both list of all the addresses I lived since I came to Australia but I wonder is it a mistake?? 

5 minutes ago, Santosh said:

Hello Guys ,

One of my friends applied 887 on 29th of March got grant this morning .

What a beautiful day started with god news.

Good news, even a glimpse of light   Gives us all a hope and a reason to keep hanging on. Even 1 good news is like the light on the other end of the tunnel 🙂

299DF1E6-A513-4D55-B29A-5C646BBB31C9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Sorry I am not answering your question but pointing out that I have done something similar, There is a question in form 80 “ have you  lived in more than 1 regional area something like that which I have answered in “No” . As I thought  I have only live in SA but now i am thinking I have lived in two suburbs as I have moved to a new rental property, so does it mean i have leaved in two regional areas? Should I have written “yes” instead. I have provided both list of all the addresses I lived since I came to Australia but I wonder is it a mistake?? 

I also answer no but I moved to 3 different addresses in SA. I think it should be OK as my understanding is that if you live in a different regional state you answer yes ? Would love to see others comments
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

Hi All,

Does anyone know how long does it take CO to review the requested documents submitted by us?

My application status at "Further assessment"

Thanks.

I'm in the same situation as yours applied 29/03/2018. first contact on 15/05/2019 (CO Grant) for more evidence related to my work and living in the regional area. provided everything on 22/05/2017.(My application status says Further assessment) I noticed a couple of people from our group got their grant in about two weeks after submitting requirements.

Who was your CO? Please keep us informed and ill share if I come across anything.

Wish you and everyone here best of Krishna's blessings.

I also lived on two suburbs.. so I select yes and it asked to enter both address on next screen ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A cup of coffee said:

I think since the whole of SA is regional, it won't be an issue. 

• Like 1

Hopefully everyone gets their PR grants soon!

I just got mine.

Applied date: 8th April 2018

Grant: 30 May 2019

CO Ashish, you legend!

Can't thank the people in this forum enough. It could have been a lonely wait if not for you guys.

I really hope everyone gets it soon we don't deserve the wait.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, A cup of coffee said:

SA is a regional area; it doesn't matter which suburb you live in; its regional 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marcus said:

I just got mine.

CO Ashish, you legend!

Can't thank the people in this forum enough. It could have been a lonely wait if not for you guys.

Congratulations

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nudgee said:

If we answered no, do we need to fill out incorrect answer form? But we have disclosed all other addresses in form 80 and the online application anyways.

Nudgee I think the best option was to select Yes and write both addresses but since it seems like a minor mistake and I have given all addresses anyway, I think it’s not going to be an issue, so i am not going to bother to fill any further forms.  

Hope for the best🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nudgee I think the best option was to select Yes and write both addresses but since it seems like a minor mistake and I have given all addresses anyway, I think it’s not going to be an issue, so i am not going to bother to fill any further forms.  
Hope for the best[emoji1696]

Yea I wouldn’t bother, they can figure that out, peace :) to my understanding the whole SA is regional area so it is “one regional area” , unlike NSW has more than one “regional area” . Good luck to us :)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Batra801 said:

I'm in the same situation as yours applied 29/03/2018. first contact on 15/05/2019 (CO Grant) for more evidence related to my work and living in the regional area. provided everything on 22/05/2017.(My application status says Further assessment) I noticed a couple of people from our group got their grant in about two weeks after submitting requirements.

Who was your CO? Please keep us informed and ill share if I come across anything.

Wish you and everyone here best of Krishna's blessings.

My application status is "Further assessment" too..

First contact by CO Nicci for new AFP. 

Provided on 03/05/19 and still waiting...

20 minutes ago, Marcus said:

I just got mine.

CO Ashish, you legend!

Congratulations Marcus, enjoy your new life!!!

Could you maybe tell us were their children in your app l location and if so, what are their ages and did they have medicals done? Also, did you attach passport photos, just the photos in the section for passport - photograph?

I apologise for all the questions!

16 minutes ago, nudgee said:

If we answered no, do we need to fill out incorrect answer form? But we have disclosed all other addresses in form 80 and the online application anyways.

Hey Nutgee,

Lets look at it in this way. 

There are only 2 main requirements for 887. 
              1. Live in a regional area for 2 years
              2. Work like a slave for 1 year

On the application they ask you a simple question: 
                1. Hi Nutgee, Have you lived in a regional area for 1 year?? 

Now you, do two lines of coke, and sit down to fill up the form 80 😄 : Answers NO 

In my opinion, you should correct this mistake. 

There are certain things that COs can't mess around when your answers directly contradicts with the visa requirement. 

• Thanks 1

Hey Nutgee,

Lets look at it in this way. 

There are only 2 main requirements for 887. 
              1. Live in a regional area for 2 years
              2. Work like a slave for 1 year

On the application they ask you a simple question: 
                1. Hi Nutgee, Have you lived in a regional area for 1 year?? 

Now you, do two lines of coke, and sit down to fill up the form 80 [emoji1] : Answers NO 

In my opinion, you should correct this mistake. 

There are certain things that COs can't mess around when your answers directly contradicts with the visa requirement. 

I answered yes that I live in regional areas for 2 years, but I answered No to “have you lived in more than one regional area in the last two years” , thanks for your advise, probably I should :(
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, nudgee said:

I answered yes that I live in regional areas for 2 years, but I answered No to “have you lived in more than one regional area in the last two years” , thanks for your advise, probably I should 😞

Ah thats sounds like a small mistake. You should be fine either way. 😘

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bern83 said:

Congratulations Marcus, enjoy your new life!!!

Could you maybe tell us were their children in your app l location and if so, what are their ages and did they have medicals done? Also, did you attach passport photos, just the photos in the section for passport - photograph?

I apologise for all the questions!

Thank you.

I have a 2 yo kid born in my home country and was already included in the application when I lodged it. My son and wife came here as tourist and applied 489 as subsequent entrant where they both had their medicals done. Re photos, I have attached a few for residential evidence to show that during when I was unemployed I was in my designated area. I also attached photos with front and back with my signature on it. I thought it's better to have more. I also added stat declaration as I was living in my brother's place during the 2 year period - no bills, rents records. The rest are all 54+ payslips, Bank Statements and Supers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1