887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

36 minutes ago, Lufe said:

Information on DIBP page regarding Bridging visa below. It states the grant letter will tel you about these conditions and you can check it in VEVO. My grant letter states Nil conditions, just want to check with someone already in Bridging that could check VEVO.

image.thumb.png.9ad815d8784b54b23f8ed04341c62798.png

The issue with bridging visa is not if you are allowed to move to a metropolitan area or not. The real issue is that the chances to find a job on this type of visa is very low as the employers get scared when they see "Bridging" in your Vevo.

• Like 1

GOOD DAY MATES!  a quick question about overseas police clearance.

• if I have not been back to my country since I arrived with 489 to Australia, which time period should I ask for Police Clearance? 
  •  if I have been back home for two weeks, should I ask police clearance only for those two weeks? or do I need to get since my birth? 
  • To whos clearance should address (Visa Officer?) which address?

any thoughts? 

13 hours ago, Skaur said:

My visa is running out in 2 months and after last month's speed i was hoping for my file to be opened before bridging visa kicks in but now i am so depressed 

M on bridging visa already since april .. same helpless.. situation

9 minutes ago, KC01 said:

Total How many people have applied in July ? 

According to our tracker:

32 in June 2018

20 in July 2018

13 in August 2018

No idea why they aren't assessing any more applications. But this week they will update their global visa processing times again and it looks like they will increase again. 

Pffff...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Salman khan said:

There are some vital changes occuring in November whereby 489 will be abolished. That's why may be. All the permanent visas are suffering delays except temporary visas.

my agent said

It should not be the reason of long time process. It is written in the home affairs website that 887 is not affected by  priority processing. HA process 887 visas in the order they receive them. 

48 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

According to our tracker:

32 in June 2018

20 in July 2018

13 in August 2018

No idea why they aren't assessing any more applications. But this week they will update their global visa processing times again and it looks like they will increase again. 

Pffff...

Unbelievable. Please sign petition. Email commonwealth - call immi 

22 minutes ago, 887-M said:

It should not be the reason of long time process. It is written in the home affairs website that 887 is not affected by  priority processing. HA process 887 visas in the order they receive them. 

On 7/11/2019 at 1:20 AM, Ashi said:

Ita bullshit that 887 is not affected by priority how come people who applied in July got PR where as some people who applied in June haven't got contacted not even once 

7 minutes ago, darwinsingh said:

one of my partner’s workmate got grant yesterday.

don’t know the final CO but one of the CO's was Sophorn

applied sep 2017.

happy days !!

This not a happy days. This is scary. 2017 got PR in 2019

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, darwinsingh said:

one of my partner’s workmate got grant yesterday.

don’t know the final CO but one of the CO's was Sophorn

applied sep 2017.

happy days !!

Wow, same as me, September 2017! 🙂 So this poor person also waited almost 2 years! Crazy! 

• Like 2

Somebody told me that he was state sponsor and he was living first 15 days in Melbourne and then move to geolong and case officer reject his application because he need to live full 24 month in geolong. 
But in my case i am 489 family sponsored 
I was living in lavington nsw and after i move to Melbourne then first year i was stay one week in hotel and in second year i also stay one week in hotel in order to move another house and i uploaded that hotel bill also can u suggest me is that a same case i am worried little bit may be i need to re apply thanks

52 minutes ago, Salman khan said:

Somebody told me that he was state sponsor and he was living first 15 days in Melbourne and then move to geolong and case officer reject his application because he need to live full 24 month in geolong. 
But in my case i am 489 family sponsored 
I was living in lavington nsw and after i move to Melbourne then first year i was stay one week in hotel and in second year i also stay one week in hotel in order to move another house and i uploaded that hotel bill also can u suggest me is that a same case i am worried little bit may be i need to re apply thanks

I can't understand the mentality of people like your friend who couldn't wait two more weeks before applying. I can't advise in your case as it is different, but if I were you and have 1% doubt, I would re-apply just for the peace of mind for the next 18 months. it is clear (730 days - you can go on leave but you should compensate days you stayed away before applying). What did your agent advise you?

15 minutes ago, Freddy said:

I can't understand the mentality of people like your friend who couldn't wait two more weeks before applying. I can't advise in your case as it is different, but if I were you and have 1% doubt, I would re-apply just for the peace of mind for the next 18 months. it is clear (730 days - you can go on leave but you should compensate days you stayed away before applying). What did your agent advise you?

he just text me and said its ok because u are living in designated area , as he was living outside the specified area so its ok dont worry he said no matter as we already uploaded hotel bills