887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

8 hours ago, Russki said:

Q1. No AFP required for baby 🙂 I assume you will have HAP ID at some point, yes. Otherwise, you cannot do a medical.

Q2. Combining PDFs into a single file is exactly what they want us to do. They need to be combined logically, like "Residency proof - utility bills" - and combine all bills in chronological order. 

Q3. It is a good question. Requirement for a passport photo is a throw back from paper applications days. Some people submit them electronically, some don't. I would do it. Just go to any pharmacy, ask them to do a passport photo and ask them to give an electronic version of it (.JPEG file). Attach in immi account. 🙂 Or you can scan any existing (not very old) passport photo. 

Thanks heaps for your reply. if you don't mind asking, I have another burning question. Documentation related to my application has two variants of my address. Basically, some companies refer to the suburb of where I live as East Geelong and some companies identify the suburb as Thomson. In that case, do I have to prove both addresses are referring to the same property?  

Hi guys 

They have decreased the processing time to 16-17 months 

Its nearly 16 months for us .. can u pls suggest if i should be lodging a complaint and what should i state in complaint. 

Applied on 3rd of April 2018

Co contacted - 5th june 2019 

We have uploaded All doccuments .

And waiting since then 

Pls advise guys . 

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Simmie said:

Hi guys 

They have decreased the processing time to 16-17 months 

Its nearly 16 months for us .. can u pls suggest if i should be lodging a complaint and what should i state in complaint. 

Applied on 3rd of April 2018

Co contacted - 5th june 2019 

We have uploaded All doccuments .

And waiting since then 

Pls advise guys . 

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest you to give them a phone call first then see how it works and tell them you are waiting for long.  See how it works. 

Hi

yea the processing time decreased by 16 to 17 months, but where are the grants. It was raining in the May to June but since then it’s just so so quite and frustrating, I could do nothing except writing here and trying to remove frustration out of ma body which seems difficult.

i applied on 5th April, 2018 and CO contacted 29th May , provided updated AFP and since then waiting and waiting 

Good luck to every one

14 minutes ago, MZH said:

I would suggest you to give them a phone call first then see how it works and tell them you are waiting for long.  See how it works. 

I called couple of times and got same reply to wait and waiting and waiting 

12 hours ago, Nomz said:

I called couple of times and got same reply to wait and waiting and waiting 

Now, you should send them written complaints and mention that you have phoned as well but no update yet.  It might work.  You know we can't do anything else. It is a waiting game. 

15 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

With me, it is on a separate computer screen at work all day long! And every beep I hear in my headphones I think "Yes! Another grant for someone!"

But this month has been quite depressing. Fingers crossed and looking forward to another week. Hopefully with a lot of 'beeps'.

@KC01 

Today I will share my thought that why would one country harass  their future citizen. What government is gaining from this ? Anybody would like to share their thoughts ?

• Like 2

Hmmm, @KC01 that is a very delicate topic.

Rules are always made because some people didn't or do not want to 'walk the lines'. One less sincere person can make it very difficult for a lot of people.

I stick with the believe that they do not want to harass us, but that they seem to have more trouble with the ones that do not walk the line. Better to focus your anger on those, and work together from whom you want to achieve something. And at the end...like we all want to do...make it a better place.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Hmmm, @KC01 that is a very delicate topic.

Rules are always made because some people didn't or do not want to 'walk the lines'. One less sincere person can make it very difficult for a lot of people.

I stick with the believe that they do not want to harass us, but that they seem to have more trouble with the ones that do not walk the line. Better to focus your anger on those, and work together from whom you want to achieve something. And at the end...like we all want to do...make it a better place.

Cool. But people do fraud in different visa category but why their processing time less then us. I personally fell like they do not want us to see prosperous. They want cheap labour  and population in regional area. We are the lowest pay labour who pays equal tax with less rights. We are happy to fulfill their criteria but we can’t fulfill if they keep changing them. 

On 7/18/2019 at 12:35 PM, Bern83 said:

Yes, hopefully they will remember us older ones first Katie! Still keeping you in my prayers and I know you have been waiting even longer than I have!!!

waited for 19 months already....

• Sad 2

On 7/18/2019 at 4:19 PM, Skaur said:

Hi seniors I have a question that I have my husband and son included in my application. My son was born when I was on 489. In my immi account my son's name doesn't show in health assessment section and for me and my husband it shows finalised health assessment. Is it alright?

Hello @Skaur when your file will open your CO will request you for your baby medical and he will provide HAP I’d as well.

1 hour ago, Cel said:

This is ridiculous.

When CO Contacted last time?

What documents CO asked?

So sad to see that.

I am waiting from 17 months and 2 week .

Its harsh and hard time.

Good luck

Edited by Riaz
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Kuljeet said:

Hello @Skaur when your file will open your CO will request you for your baby medical and he will provide HAP I’d as well.

Hi 

my son was born here and he was granted as well the 489.He is 2 years old now and my file as mentioned earlier is further assessment as we were asked for an updated passport copies at the first contact on 10-6-2019

we have applied 887 on 11-5-2018!

i am getting so confused as if CO will ask for a medical for the new born ,it will ages to response back again 

4 hours ago, adam said:

Hi 

my son was born here and he was granted as well the 489.He is 2 years old now and my file as mentioned earlier is further assessment as we were asked for an updated passport copies at the first contact on 10-6-2019

we have applied 887 on 11-5-2018!

i am getting so confused as if CO will ask for a medical for the new born ,it will ages to response back again 

Hello @adam did you have medical for your son  when you added him on 489 visa? If not as far I think CO will ask you. But we never know to CO. 

16 hours ago, Cel said:

Cel you must write a proper complaint to the right complaints department on line, forget ringing them is doesn’t work.

We heard back within 4 days with our grants. 

You’ve gone over the waiting time so they have to listen. 

Good luck 🤞

• Like 1