887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

I want to share something 
I have a friend who applied in Jan 28 /2018 for 887 and they got back to him after 7 months with a grant 
Moreover,he applied for his citizenship in Jan /2019 and they got back to him to do the citizenship test in April/2019 and then he got the approval in July /2019 
Hhhhhhhhahahahahaahaha
thats a gold luck [emoji846] 

My friend also applied 887 in July 2019 and got grant yesterday. Next week he is applying citizenship [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji52][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/19/2019 at 11:37 AM, Jean said:

Congratulations , when did you apply ? Do we get any email after submitting complaint or we have to wait for their response ? Because my consultant didn’t get any reply yet. 

I have applied Feb 2018, I have got 2 requests for more documents which were my mistake( I think). If it is a long time when you have applied (more than estimating time on your account), you can complaint (as I did) and you will granted in 2 weeks.

10 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Guys what are the chances of COs asking for more documents after the first correspondence? I’m talking about documents that they didn’t ask for the first time they requested more documents from us.

Probably if there is a different CO checked the document.

7 hours ago, Honey said:

That's fine, I also got the same response so many time, Try to send an email on the following addresses

adelaide.gsm.team10@border.gov.au
skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

@Honey   Hi Honey,  my Application was submitted in February 2018; Was opened and reviewed in March 2019; Was asked to provide more information in March 2019, All required documents was provided in March 2019.

I made several complaints from the webpage, but they told me it is still under assessment.  I call 131 881 this afternoon. He said there is no update from the system.  I sent an email to adelaide.gsm.team10@border.gov.au ;skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au this afternoon. 

Can you give me some suggestion? So desperate endless waiting!

Thanks you

18 minutes ago, Maytian said:

@Honey   Hi Honey,  my Application was submitted in February 2018; Was opened and reviewed in March 2019; Was asked to provide more information in March 2019, All required documents was provided in March 2019.

I made several complaints from the webpage, but they told me it is still under assessment.  I call 131 881 this afternoon. He said there is no update from the system.  I sent an email to adelaide.gsm.team10@border.gov.au ;skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au this afternoon. 

Can you give me some suggestion? So desperate endless waiting!

Thanks you

Looks like 

CO are completely stopped working 

😔😣

7 hours ago, Stellajane said:

Hi @Nsingh, unfortunately this is correct. Please have a look at the following link. You will find the waiting times there that will be applied to you from the date that you receive your PR. Different benefits have different waiting times. Some are 1 year, other 2 and some are even 4 years. These waiting times have become in effect from 1/1/2019. 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/topics/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period/30726

What a shame 

Please could we get any information on the processing times for a 887 Visa. We are on a 489 and we applied for the 887 on the 2 July 2019. At which point we only had to wait 12 months. Since then the processing time has increased to 16-17 months. Our current visa expires in January, and although we have a bridging visa inplace, it is becoming more difficult to put people at ease about out banking, renting and working capabilities.

The department of Home Affairs just give you the cold shoulder. We are getting a little concerned.

4 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Please could we get any information on the processing times for a 887 Visa. We are on a 489 and we applied for the 887 on the 2 July 2019. At which point we only had to wait 12 months. Since then the processing time has increased to 16-17 months. Our current visa expires in January, and although we have a bridging visa inplace, it is becoming more difficult to put people at ease about out banking, renting and working capabilities.

The department of Home Affairs just give you the cold shoulder. We are getting a little concerned.

I guess you mean you have applied July 2018 not 2019?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, amina umar said:

means we can't get any benefit After PR except medicare

Medicare you will be eligible for from the day you applied for your 887.

For any Centrelink benefits it is according the new waiting times as per their website. Different benefits have different waiting times varying from 1 to 4 years.

On 8/21/2019 at 8:58 AM, Stellajane said:

Hi @Nsingh, unfortunately this is correct. Please have a look at the following link. You will find the waiting times there that will be applied to you from the date that you receive your PR. Different benefits have different waiting times. Some are 1 year, other 2 and some are even 4 years. These waiting times have become in effect from 1/1/2019. 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/topics/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period/30726

Hello Guys, I recently applied for 887, recently I went to centrelink office for Medicare card and I asked for waiting question and all, they said it's for newly arrived residents. Means our date start from day we arrived on 489.

People who got 887, please can confirm....more about waiting period.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashi said:

Hello Guys, I recently applied for 887, recently I went to centrelink office for Medicare card and I asked for waiting question and all, they said it's for newly arrived residents. Means our date start from day we arrived on 489.

Interesting! Hope you are correct! 🤞Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashi said:

I noticed this thing that if you call same department across different locations, they will have different answers.

There could be a rule but understood differently by different employees. 

I faced similar situation when I asked for some service which was denied by one office due to the rules but same office cleared that thing and confirmed there is no such rule ....

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

I noticed this thing that if you call same department across different locations, they will have different answers.

There could be a rule but understood differently by different employees. 

I faced similar situation when I asked for some service which was denied by one office due to the rules but same office cleared that thing and confirmed there is no such rule ....

Could it be that the starting date of waiting periods is date of eligibility or enrolment in Medicare? Is possible also.. 

3 minutes ago, JOGC said:

Hi all,

Does anyone have the experience of buying a property without PR and get the refund of the stamp duty if get the PR within 1 year? Not too sure if there is such a rule?

I have called to SRO office few months ago and a lady who answered the phone said you need to be a permanent resident on the day you bought a property 

once the contract and settlement is done no further action will be done in the particular transaction 

so the answer is no  

2 minutes ago, JOGC said:

Hi all,

Does anyone have the experience of buying a property without PR and get the refund of the stamp duty if get the PR within 1 year? Not too sure if there is such a rule?

When we purchased our property on 489 visa we got the first home buyers rebate (not sure how it is called anymore) on our stamp duty and had to pay the $5000 additional foreign investment boarder approval. But that was before 01 October 2016. 

Since that day I understood that you on a 489 visa have to pay double stamp duty and the $5000 additional foreign investment fee which makes it extremely expensive to buy a house. But I reckon that you still could be eligible for the first home buyers rebate.

Does the refund on the stamp duty which you are questioning relate to the second instalment of stamp duty - if you can get that refunded when getting your PR within 12 months of purchase? 

Advanced issues found

2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Does the refund on the stamp duty which you are questioning relate to the second instalment of stamp duty - if you can get that refunded when getting your PR within 12 months of purchase? 

That's the part that I'm not too sure about, I remember someone mentioned in this forum that they bought a property and got stamp duty refunded if the PR approved within 1 year of purchasing the property. Just exploring the possibility of getting a property without paying too much stamp duty like a non-PR. Thanks for your reply.

• Like 1