887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 hours ago, Maxzone said:

Don't be optimistic, every year is crap compare to last year. This data from last year they hardley processing any file between August to December. Seeams like we are in a trap, if someone escape from it should be super lucky. Unfortunately we have nothing to do except being played by Immigration. It's pathetic they stopeed at 29 June 2018. Last 10 weeks they did not do anything.They are not processing any file from July 2018. Something behind it, must have been but we know nothing about it. Waiting list is getting bigger and bigger. 425e2c21bcd9458ebe17c1cb65570788.jpg

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

I'm going to remain optimistic. Why? As the 489 EOI's and invites come to an end, there has been an unprecedented amount of EOI's that the CO's need to close out over the coming weeks. There are also very few 189 invites in August, only 100 as per my last read. That should mean that there should be CO's available from mid-September to crack on with us lonely 887 souls. Ofcourse I cannot be 100% sure, it is only my speculation to keep the chin up. Trying to find the positive, any negative forecasts don't really excite me!!

• Like 1

Hi All,

so i have been trying to get media attention towards our 887 unfair processing times and recently asked sbs if they can do a story on this and a journalist called Jarni from sbs has recently got back to me saying that she is interested in discussing about this further. I just submitted my 887 application a few weeks ago therefore my story would not make much attention towards the processing delays as i just started waiting game.

If any of you guys who have been unfairly waiting wants to discuss this with her willing to share your journey in a news article please contact her asap , send her your contact details so she will get in contact with you to discuss , if any past 887 members who have been granted the visa but wants to share how unfair the processing time was they can contact her too.

"My name is Jarni and I’m a journalist with SBS News.

Your email to SBS was forwarded on to me.

I am interested in discussing further.

What is the best number I can reach you on?

Thanks.

Jarni

Jarni.Blakkarly@sbs.com.au

"

• Like 5

Hello guys, I am going to apply 887 visa next month on Sep 20 so I got some questions in my mind. Hope you guys help me answering them. 

1. Our baby is 6 months old now so is it possible to arrange medical examination now and request HAP ID?

2. Should I request police checks certificates now or do I have to request after 2 years of residency in regional?

3. I am able to collect 52 payslips from one part time and 2 casual jobs. But, the immigration website says one full time or two or more part time jobs. In this case I have neither one full time nor two or more part time jobs. Do you think I meet the work requirements? 

4. We are applying 887 on Sep 20 and going overseas for two months on Oct 2. Do we have enough time frame to apply the visa. If not what steps should be taken to speed up the task? 

Thank you guys. 

3 minutes ago, Nkc said:

Hello guys, I am going to apply 887 visa next month on Sep 20 so I got some questions in my mind. Hope you guys help me answering them. 

Hi @Nkc, please have a look at a post from HelloMan at page 1477 of this forum. He has put together a list of FAQ which maybe can help you out already. Hope it helps. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BulletAK said:

Hi All,

Please guide me if my current experience and following proofs would suffice the 1 year work requirement for 887 visa?

Currently being on 489 visa, I am working from home i.e. from regional area of Australia for an overseas employer that doesn't exist in Australia. What I have done to prove my work is following:

1. Registered myself with ABN in Australia as to provide services to clients remotely

2. My salary comes in my Australian bank account

3. I have made the invoices of the same amount mentioning my ABN of exactly the same amount that gets into my account (as salary from my employer).

4. I can show bank statement showing same salary credits

5. Since registered with ABN but my annual income is less than 75,000 AUD hence unable to register for GST and cant obtain BAS (Business Activity Statement). Therefore paying taxes as sole trader on my ABN income i.e. Tax proof on my ABN income.

6. My overseas employer signs the monthly time sheet which clearly shows how many hours a day throughout the month I have worked / provided support to clients hence I can show that I have worked at least 35 hours a week by submitting these signed time-sheets including overtime in some weeks.

So in a nutshell, I can provide following documents:

ABN, Tax proof, Invoices, Monthly Timesheets, Bank Statements, Contract with employer which clearly shows that I am working from SA and I am an independent contractor.

Apart from these, is their any thing else that I should be needed else my above experience wont be considered? Or is it that my by submitting above docs, I can satisfy the 1 year work requirements for 887 visa? 

Help on above is much appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi

Apparantly , this is ok. You have your bank statement with you.

How do they Pay you. Is it Hourly rate? If hourly, you can show your Invoice.
You must have contract letter with your Customer.

Thanks

Sudip

16 hours ago, Nanzz said:

Hi All,

so i have been trying to get media attention towards our 887 unfair processing times and recently asked sbs if they can do a story on this and a journalist called Jarni from sbs has recently got back to me saying that she is interested in discussing about this further. I just submitted my 887 application a few weeks ago therefore my story would not make much attention towards the processing delays as i just started waiting game.

If any of you guys who have been unfairly waiting wants to discuss this with her willing to share your journey in a news article please contact her asap , send her your contact details so she will get in contact with you to discuss , if any past 887 members who have been granted the visa but wants to share how unfair the processing time was they can contact her too.

"My name is Jarni and I’m a journalist with SBS News.

Your email to SBS was forwarded on to me.

I am interested in discussing further.

What is the best number I can reach you on?

Thanks.

Jarni

Jarni.Blakkarly@sbs.com.au

"

Thank you for doing that ! Fantastic, 887 is always under the shadow and it would be great to have a main stream media like SBS to speak for us, please also include this petition on the email https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_13715451_en-AU%3Av7&recruiter=986220724&recruited_by_id=9142bab0-ac88-11e9-bde3-59693a80c4c8&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&share_bandit_exp=initial-13715451-en-AU&share_bandit_var=v3

Hope for the positive news 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SUDIP said:

Hi

Apparantly , this is ok. You have your bank statement with you.

How do they Pay you. Is it Hourly rate? If hourly, you can show your Invoice.
You must have contract letter with your Customer.

Thanks

Sudip

Hi Sudip,

Many thanks for getting back.

No they pay me monthly but I have got the monthly timesheet for each day in a month hence I can show that I am working more than 35 hours or more a week. Have got bank statements reflecting salary credits as well as I have the payslips that they provide but those are not in AUD those are in AED since my salary gets converted when they pay me here in Australia. That is why was thinking to produce invoices that should reflect the same amount I am getting paid here in AUD.

Yes have got the contract letter with them as well a separate reference letter that confirms that I am working remotely from South Australia. 

Hey guys, I sent a complaint on saturday about Sophorn asking for an updated AFP even though I already renewed my AFP 2 months before my application was reviewed. I got the standard reply about processing times even though I was actually asking WHY am I being asked for document that I already submitted. Not when my application will be processed.

however, at the end of the reply it says:

“Your correspondence will be sent to the relevant processing area for information.”

do you think my complaint was forwarded to a Case Officer? If not, I really want to reply to the response email.

@Russki, when you submitted a complaint about ur AFP, did u get a reply? If yes, what kind of reply did you get? And how long did you wait after you submitted ur last complaint before u received ur grant?

thank you.

Someone (Nanzz) contacted to SBS recently and provided with an email address. That is Jarni.Blakkarly@sbs.com.au. I have sent an email last night he was asking for my contact number. I think it's a great news for us, at least we can give it a try. I have attach a file (a format) you can change it and include your personal situation and send him an email. If we can send him email at least 100 people, he will make a report. Hopefully we can do something better for us and for the current and future applicant. 

Hi SBS team Format .docx

• Like 4

Is there any updates on the Visa Tracker?

It doesn't seem to make any sense atm.

I would also like to add my details to the spreedsheet.

Applied 2 July 2018 and additional info reqested on the 23 May 2019 (payslips, TAX Returns and Proof of English)

Our CO is Sophorn...........

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Applied 2 July 2018 and additional info reqested on the 23 May 2019 (payslips, TAX Returns and Proof of English)

added in spreedsheet

14 hours ago, Maxzone said:

Someone (Nanzz) contacted to SBS recently and provided with an email address. That is Jarni.Blakkarly@sbs.com.au. I have sent an email last night he was asking for my contact number. I think it's a great news for us, at least we can give it a try. I have attach a file (a format) you can change it and include your personal situation and send him an email. If we can send him email at least 100 people, he will make a report. Hopefully we can do something better for us and for the current and future applicant. 

Hi SBS team Format .docx

This is awesome! I will definitely send Jarni from SBS an email. Thanks for the template.

I urge everyone within this forum to support and send an email to Jarni from SBS. If you do not have the time to send him a full story, just send him in a few words that you are affected with the delay of these processing times also, that it is putting your life on hold and that you hope that SBS will cover this news item. It truly doesn't need to be much, but we do need 100 people to do this to get media support. Let's raise our voice!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Nadine said:

That’s good if they contacted you on May  2019 and you applied on July 2018

i applied on early May 2018 and first contact for documents  was in June 2019 and nothing till now 😞 😞