887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

11 minutes ago, JOGC said:

That's the part that I'm not too sure about, I remember someone mentioned in this forum that they bought a property and got stamp duty refunded if the PR approved within 1 year of purchasing the property. Just exploring the possibility of getting a property without paying too much stamp duty like a non-PR. Thanks for your reply.

Best is to talk to a solicitor and explain the issue. You might need to guide him into some things but he should be able to solve the last missing pieces of the puzzle. Definitely request the first home rebate. You should be able to get that provided it is the first ever property that you're buying in Australia.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Best is to talk to a solicitor and explain the issue. You might need to guide him into some things but he should be able to solve the last missing pieces of the puzzle. Definitely request the first home rebate. You should be able to get that provided it is the first ever property that you're buying in Australia.

Just checked some articles online. It's almost impossible for me to buy a property without a PR status, too much hassle (need to get approval from Foreign Investment Review Board (FIBR) and too costly (FIBR fee and higher stamp duty).

9 minutes ago, JOGC said:

Just checked some articles online. It's almost impossible for me to buy a property without a PR status, too much hassle (need to get approval from Foreign Investment Review Board (FIBR) and too costly (FIBR fee and higher stamp duty). 

FIBR is indeed the $5000 that I mentioned. It is just a paper that you have to fill out. You'll receive an answer within a few days. Nothing to worry about. The solicitor will send you the paperwork to fill out for that.

On the other hand, I completely understand that it is very expensive now with the double stamp duty. It is up to you if it is worthwhile against renting and how far you are with the PR application.

As said, do not forget the first home owners grant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stellajane said:

FIBR is indeed the $5000 that I mentioned. It is just a paper that you have to fill out. You'll receive an answer within a few days. Nothing to worry about. The solicitor will send you the paperwork to fill out for that.

On the other hand, I completely understand that it is very expensive now with the double stamp duty. It is up to you if it is worthwhile against renting and how far you are with the PR application.

FIRB is now $5700. The first home owner grant is only applicable to new homes in Victoria. 

Sorry guys, we should be talking about PR grant, not first home owner grant at this point 😄

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

I believe first home owners grant is for Newly built house only.

Also can loan duration go beyond the VISA time remaining ? 

Guys, my name in my afp and passport already match. And i don’t go by any other name, no alias. And yet sophorn asked me to update my afp. My afp is only 2 months old. Has anyone experienced this before? Evenn if i reapply for my afp, the only thing that will change is the date. Everything else is the same. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Guys, my name in my afp and passport already match. And i don’t go by any other name, no alias. And yet sophorn asked me to update my afp. My afp is only 2 months old. Has anyone experienced this before? Evenn if i reapply for my afp, the only thing that will change is the date. Everything else is the same. 

Do you have any other names like in my case though my passport name is updated but then i had different surname before i got married hence i had to include that in AFP...

4 hours ago, Stellajane said:

Medicare you will be eligible for from the day you applied for your 887.

For any Centrelink benefits it is according the new waiting times as per their website. Different benefits have different waiting times varying from 1 to 4 years.

1 minute ago, Delfin said:

means i wouldn't be able to get any benefit for my kids??? can you explain what's the family benefits class A n B??? as there

is no waiting time for class B who is eligible for that and one thing more there is written in link that time frame is for newly arrived residents and we are here for last ten year??? happy to more listen from you... thanks

9 minutes ago, Dee said:

Do you have any other names like in my case though my passport name is updated but then i had different surname before i got married hence i had to include that in AFP...

Nope, single and never got married.. i really dont intend to apply for a new afp..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Nope, single and never got married.. i really dont intend to apply for a new afp..

Interesting please do check again hopefully none of your documents have any other name; In case you are 100% sure then you should lodge compliant; i remember @Russkigot a request from CO to update AFP as it had expired whereas it was not and she lodged compliant and it worked. @Russkican you please share your experience. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi guys... i need some advice. If a person living in Victoria has to make statutory declaration for a Queensland. What form do we need to use. 

I have lived with one of friends when i first cane to Australia in Qld, but they have moved to melbourne now. So how do i get the statutory declaration for that. Do we use Qld form or Victorian??

Or can we use the commonwealth statitory declaration act 1959 form..

1 hour ago, amina umar said:

means i wouldn't be able to get any benefit for my kids??? can you explain what's the family benefits class A n B??? as there

is no waiting time for class B who is eligible for that and one thing more there is written in link that time frame is for newly arrived residents and we are here for last ten year??? happy to more listen from you... thanks

FTB-B: the max. rate per family each fortnight is 110.6$ if youngest child between (5-18 years) or 158$ if youngest child (0-5years).

FTB-A: the max. rate for each child is 242.20$ (depends on the age & income).

All people got PR after Jan. 2019 (regardless you have been here for years as 489 visa or student visa) will be eligible for FTA-B only. One year is the waiting period to be eligible for FTB-A. Other benefits you need to wit for 2 or 4 years.

They have done a dirty game with family 887 visa, unfortunately!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/21/2019 at 12:34 PM, adam said:

I want to share something 

I have a friend who applied in Jan 28 /2018 for 887 and they got back to him after 7 months with a grant 

Moreover,he applied for his citizenship in Jan /2019 and they got back to him to do the citizenship test in April/2019 and then he got the approval in July /2019 

Hhhhhhhhahahahahaahaha

thats a gold luck 🙂 

Correction  he applied PR on Jan 2017 and get it after 7 months after a complaint raised 

and applied for citizenship on Jan 2019 and got the test response in April 2019and the approval on August 2019

On 8/21/2019 at 12:38 PM, Freddy said:

So, he got his PR in August 2018 and apply for Citizenship in January 2019 (didn't even wait for the one year period on PR as per law)?!! His last name should be Trump mate to do that 🤣

@Freddy

Correction  he applied PR on Jan 2017 and get it after 7 months after a complaint raised 

and applied for citizenship on Jan 2019 and got the test response in April 2019and the approval on August 2019

• Like 1

4 hours ago, good luck all said:

FTB-B: the max. rate per family each fortnight is 110.6$ if youngest child between (5-18 years) or 158$ if youngest child (0-5years).

FTB-A: the max. rate for each child is 242.20$ (depends on the age & income).

All people got PR after Jan. 2019 (regardless you have been here for years as 489 visa or student visa) will be eligible for FTA-B only. One year is the waiting period to be eligible for FTB-A. Other benefits you need to wit for 2 or 4 years.

They have done a dirty game with family 887 visa, unfortunately!

yeah they played game with 887 n giving benefits to 491 n 494 

Hi Guys,

Recently, I have updated Change of detail 1022 form  and other detail at immi account for new born baby . I know I am under 887 visa processing time frame though, I have submitted complaint through global feedback unit. I got reply asking 

27D9B36F-C02C-41FB-B7FF-94C082181706.thumb.jpeg.9030f8d5c5723ad65f1860ea4ae16d38.jpeg

Today I Received email from feedback unit stating that2FCC57A7-0E20-4259-945A-FD2F9320A3A1.thumb.jpeg.adc1e81db0f00e6ed0847bc1439e8aab.jpeg

Does this is standard email reply for everyone or whether they are taking this seriously!!

Please share your experience guys

Much appreciate.

14 hours ago, Stellajane said:

Interesting! Hope you are correct! 🤞Fingers crossed!

Hi,

I got PR last week and asked the same question from Centrelink.  darwin and Victoria regional Centrelink officers says it’s start from the day we get PR. I tried to apply for paid parental leave but I got refusal letter from Centrelink yesterday that I’m not eligible and need to wait for two years. But again another person got different answer not sure i should try with different Centrelink office again. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 887:- 24/12/2018 said:

Hi Guys,

Recently, I have updated Change of detail 1022 form  and other detail at immi account for new born baby . I know I am under 887 visa processing time frame though, I have submitted complaint through global feedback unit. I got reply asking 

27D9B36F-C02C-41FB-B7FF-94C082181706.thumb.jpeg.9030f8d5c5723ad65f1860ea4ae16d38.jpeg

Today I Received email from feedback unit stating that2FCC57A7-0E20-4259-945A-FD2F9320A3A1.thumb.jpeg.adc1e81db0f00e6ed0847bc1439e8aab.jpeg

Does this is standard email reply for everyone or whether they are taking this seriously!!

Please share your experience guys

Much appreciate.

I don’t think it’s a standard reply, as Few days back some one posted the reply which was different from it. When did u apply 887?

• Like 1