887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, ricky21232 said:

CO: Sophorn

Fuck me... Sophorn assessed my application too and requested to me to update my AFP even though I renewed it 2 months before my file was opened.

I don't know if Sophorn is a girl or a guys, but he/she is truly incompetent. From memory, Sophorn was also the one that complicated Russki's application.

• Sad 4

On 10/30/2019 at 2:50 PM, Stellajane said:

The hardest part for me is that they keep changing the rules about this visa. Since we arrived we have seen:

- additional stamp duty when purchasing property - this made it nearly impossible for people to buy a house

- new waiting times for centrelink benefits - which will make it hard for young families as they will be cut out on the family tax benefit for another year

- change in regional areas - there had been better opportunities for us if those areas were available from the start

- medicare is immediately available for the new visas that replace our 489 - private health is expensive for us

- and the endlessly increase of our processing times - which gives us anxiety and stress

All this felt every time as a punch in the face.

So yes, we should win the bravery, determination and the I-can-do-it-even-if-you-give-me-a-hard-time award.

We all just want to get started in this life, not be stuck somewhere inbetween.

Hi Stella,

I do agree with those points you made. I was thinking maybe we can ask for compensation for this prolonged waiting. It is obviously discrimination as other applicants had got their visas much earlier like less than a year paying the same or less assessment fee. There is no reasonable justification why they extend the processing time. Anyway, as refugees sued and won against Australia government, we can do something not only lodging complaints but do some legal action to have a return back for our time, energy and commitment against the government. I want to meet a solicitor or lawyer or whoever who can help us. By the way, how is your visa going? Not mine yet since last June. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Delfin said:

Fuck me... Sophorn assessed my application too and requested to me to update my AFP even though I renewed it 2 months before my file was opened.

I don't know if Sophorn is a girl or a guys, but he/she is truly incompetent. From memory, Sophorn was also the one that complicated Russki's application.

It happened to me too. Sophorn assessed my case and asked for AFP. No reply after that.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Joshua said:

By the way, how is your visa going? Not mine yet since last June. 

Hi Joshua,

I understand what you are saying and please feel free to look into the options you mentioned. But I reckon it will be a hard call.

I'm still waiting on our grant also, we're end of August '18 so we haven't heard anything yet. 

So I can only hope that November will bring me the long awaited relief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freddy said:

New Month. New Hopes

I think the numbers on the queue list are reducing very fast ( even though personally we might not see that 😉   and new applications have not increased on the same pace, which means we can see most of these cases granted by Dec 2020 .

The numbers based on the current details available on the spreadsheet, In 10 months they granted 304 visas and collectively pending ones from 2018 & 2019 is 244 in total. so looks as a positive trend. 

2018 2019
Applications  473 75
Granted  304 0
Pending  169 75
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, TTTF said:

I think the numbers on the queue list are reducing very fast ( even though personally we might not see that 😉   and new applications have not increased on the same pace, which means we can see most of these cases granted by Dec 2020 .

The numbers based on the current details available on the spreadsheet, In 10 months they granted 304 visas and collectively pending ones from 2018 & 2019 is 244 in total. so looks as a positive trend. 

2018 2019
Applications  473 75
Granted  304 0
Pending  169 75

Great data and being in good logic,  makes my day!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TTTF said:

2018 2019
Applications  473 75
Granted  304 0
Pending  169 75

And even if you double the amount of applications already on our tracker to 150 - which is at least a little more accurate I reckon as a lot of people from 2019 are not on the tracker yet because they do not wonder yet or seek answers in why it takes so long to get the grant - it is still a fairly positive outcome.

Then we will have 319 pending applications.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nudgee said:

on the spreadsheet we only have 244 applications pending,  but CO on the news said they have 8000 applications pending 

True, but I reckon that is a little bit of a sensation seeking comment of the department to cover themselves. We see 20 or 30 grants a month here, but that could actually be 200 or 300 grants in reality also. Very possible that for every person on the tracker there could be another 99 persons who are not on the tracker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rajiiiiii said:

8000including family members within the applications I think 

Yes this is right .. whatever number we have it needs to multiple by 2/3 which will give an approx final number of applications.. how department sees it as , Example if one application with family size of 4. It will be treated as 4 applications. So if we have 800 applications on the tracker.. we can multiple it on a average of 3 which will come to 2400 applications.. which clearly states that we have only 1/4 of the total population on this list . hence the calculations will be only indicative.But it is heading in right direction. 

• Like 2

GRANT GRANT GRANT  🔊🔊

WHERE ARE YOU MR GRANT? 😞 PLEASE POST SOME GRANT 😄😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Hi Guys, 

We’ll be applying already for 887 Visa next week and I just like to ask if do we need to have the following documents verified by Justice of Peace? 

1. Tenancy Agreement 

2. Australian Federal Police Certificate

What else do we need to have verified if needed? 

Thanks in advance for the help