887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi, 

I was requested to provide my baby's medical 2 months before which was provided the very next day. However, I've just noticed this button sitting at the bottom of document's page. On click it just says "This will send notify immigration that you've updated all your documents".

image.png.83193d85911675d57d64da8e0b38603e.png

Do it straight away my frd

2 hours ago, jahidul said:

Hi everyone 

I had a question if i want to go overseas during 489 visa valid but want to return with bridging visa b , is it possible or not? Or i have to wait until bridging visa b activation then travel to overseas? 

Please kindly reply regarding this matter. 

Thanks in advance 

You don't have to wait as long as you have bridging b. I went overseas with bridging a  but organized bridging b before I left the country 

4 hours ago, jahidul said:

Hi everyone 

I had a question if i want to go overseas during 489 visa valid but want to return with bridging visa b , is it possible or not? Or i have to wait until bridging visa b activation then travel to overseas? 

Please kindly reply regarding this matter. 

Thanks

When is your 489 finishing? I got bridging b one month in advance and it is active only after your 489 expires but you can go and come back without any issue after you receive it

16 hours ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi, 

I was requested to provide my baby's medical 2 months before which was provided the very next day. However, I've just noticed this button sitting at the bottom of document's page. On click it just says "This will send notify immigration that you've updated all your documents".

image.png.83193d85911675d57d64da8e0b38603e.png

OMG...hope you have submitted now....all the best!

23 hours ago, TTTF said:

All this is good.. but it is really not making any difference. That petition is around for last 2 years almost , nothing has changed. even though it has more than 4k signatures till date. Many have moved on with this as get  their PR which is understandable. 

If something needs to be done, it is a direct contact with the ministers rather than going round the bush involving  all the social media elements with limited success.

Not discouraging ,but there is a practical and political side to this topic.

Regional migration is currently a political issue, the regional areas requires more and more ppl here to support the regional economy as the economy and population  is shrinking here.. given the situation if the current regional population move out in large numbers.. it will become big issue at a broad level also consider all  the other issues of drought /flood  in different parts of the country which have significantly impacted the regional space  and hence they are balancing it out with all the current provisional visa holders.

Not a ideal situation, but it is the real fact accept  or not .

Even if noise is made on this topic.. practically to achieve something in short term is next to impossible hence looking at the current numbers and  time line by next December one can  see a reduction in processing times. Once the 491 is fully operational in terms of applications and grants.

Yes processing time and delay is frustrating for everyone.. but look in long term 10/20 years this will be a just a phase with lot of learning.   In all this the final objective is not getting changed which all applicants had when they started the journey, it is only getting delayed where the situation is out of your control.

There is always something good in every bad situation, it is the ability to see good and sail through hard times makes the difference.

As of today.. the average processing time is still some where between 12/15 months if the documentation is updated. Yes there are exceptions for the reasons nobody knows. 

Stay positive and Live positive. 

@TTTFHi mate,  as this processing time has been iconized a political issue, could we just revise the petition letter  to David Coleman and advise him :

Current immigration policy exposes Peter Dutton and Scott Morison's narrow minded and short-sighted in governing.  They say they just want those people have business talents and can make huge achievements to Australia economic!!!!!  This stupid thoughts might not work out on any substantial outcomes, probably only end up with nothing but worse situations. 

Economic is a engineering for every country,  the main part of population , or the middle class is the engine of this engineering, to build up and achieve country's economic, never be the extreme tiny part group like business talents...So please being open/welcoming to those like /skilled migrants who would like or have been joining this group , at least we haven shown them our eligibility to live and work here. What else visa can do this like us do ?

image.thumb.png.cace0236f23672d8095afd76a024ac9a.png

Came across org structure of DHA, Peter Dutton might be responsible for the delay in processing time but along with that Peter Richards who manages the Skilled and Family visa program and Secretary Michael Pezzullo are equally liable.

P.S – I wish at least one of the person from the above org structure was my close relative 😀

41 minutes ago, Seacity112 said:

@TTTFHi mate,  as this processing time has been iconized a political issue, could we just revise the petition letter  to David Coleman and advise him :

Current immigration policy exposes Peter Dutton and Scott Morison's narrow minded and short-sighted in governing.  They say they just want those people have business talents and can make huge achievements to Australia economic!!!!!  This stupid thoughts might not work out on any substantial outcomes, probably only end up with nothing but worse situations. 

Economic is a engineering for every country,  the main part of population , or the middle class is the engine of this engineering, to build up and achieve country's economic, never be the extreme tiny part group like business talents...So please being open/welcoming to those like /skilled migrants who would like or have been joining this group , at least we haven shown them our eligibility to live and work here. What else visa can do this like us do ?

a direct contact would be much beneficial rather than the other way around. The contact details for Peter Dutton/David Coleman and  Scott Morison's is available on their respective electorate office website. One can write a email asking questions around Why such a delay /What are they doing about it  and How this will be addressed and in what time frame. If all write emails, they have to provide an response. This will be more effective and direct approach.

No point in talking against anyone till one is aware about the whole story. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nickolas said:

Grant 🎆 Grant 🤩 Direct Grant 😎 !!!!

I am a silent follower and just got our grant. Family of 3 and applied on 18 Oct 2018.

Thanks  for your help, I'm soooo happy! enjoyeeeeee 

Congrats for your Grant

Shall you please share the screenshot of your Grant in immiaccount??

Just curious to see it as many of us here who applied in August and Septemebr is still waiting:

• Like 1

I can see the global processing time is 24 to 26 months no idea why it is different from all of u. 
Perhaps they have updated my page and will update all of yours very soon. 

Stange, your time frame is different then other's. Even my account its showing 21-23 months. Please don't share negative news here which is not ture.

One of my friend applied in April got his grant today. No information can be provided as he is not interested to share. I can assure that its a legit one.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Nickolas said:

Grant 🎆 Grant 🤩 Direct Grant 😎 !!!!

I am a silent follower and just got our grant. Family of 3 and applied on 18 Oct 2018.

Thanks  for your help, I'm soooo happy! enjoyeeeeee 

OMG, that's incredible.  18/10/2018 GOT GRANT😂