887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

This wait is killing  me  and most of us are dying with this slow poison. Everyday i am going out  with a new hope of returning home with a positive news. My problem is that i can't share with anyone with  what i am going through . No one in my family  know about it.  I dont want them to know otherwise they will  suffer with me as well.  Everytime they coming close to my application and all of sudden they stop working .applied 11th of June and waiting for my turn from last 4 months and 20 days  i dont know when this wait gonna finish

• Like 3

This is a burning problem for most people in this category. Every applicant trying to share this issue with anther group of migrant in the same category.

I don’t know how many people in this chat knows about the petition to reduce processing time for 887 visa

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

this was started 1 year ago, still struggling to get 4000 signatures. I managed to get about 20 signatures from my Neibour’s work colleagues so far. If all the applicants do the same we can make a difference.

Otherwise there is no point to ask the question again and again. Do something, tell this problem to medias, news papers , your MP. Otherwise we all have to wait for 2 years or more.

try to get minimum 20 signatures for 887 visa petition.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Seacity112 said:

We are all the ones from suffering this unlimited pains. All the feelings, no matter positive, negative here could be understood. I think we still need to fight like fighters, don't give up, otherwise just keep silently swallowing this evil? Who else knows our situation and comes to help us? No one, only ourselves.

Mate , I can't see the further progress of our application.  There is only 6 weeks to go and shut down everything for the year. CO's are not picking up any new files.  They are working on backlogs file. No hope at all. Thanks to Almighty to give more strength. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stellajane said:

Hi Ice Breaker, Welcome on this forum.

Actually nothing really has to be JP certified. But it might help when the documents scanned are not the original ones. If you are submitting copies of copies it might be better to get your docs certified.

Please make sure you make colour copy scans of your documents.

AFP doesn't have to be certified.

Hi Stellajane, 

Than you for your response 

Thanks,

16 hours ago, Don79 said:

This is a burning problem for most people in this category. Every applicant trying to share this issue with anther group of migrant in the same category.

I don’t know how many people in this chat knows about the petition to reduce processing time for 887 visa

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

this was started 1 year ago, still struggling to get 4000 signatures. I managed to get about 20 signatures from my Neibour’s work colleagues so far. If all the applicants do the same we can make a difference.

Otherwise there is no point to ask the question again and again. Do something, tell this problem to medias, news papers , your MP. Otherwise we all have to wait for 2 years or more.

try to get minimum 20 signatures for 887 visa petition.

@Don79 : I completely agree with you. We need to do something for this. 

Firstly :  They put this waiting time for us

Second :  This unlimited wait. As much we try to put the things in news or media waiting time increases.

MP n others, they may not be intersted as there are no elections around.

Some of the simple things can be done, however needs to be done collectively.

1. Everyperson put the comment on on their (Local MP and Minister in charge")twiter n facebook three times a day " Reduce 887 processing time". Imagine 200 people thrice a day 600 comments a day. In 7 days they have 4200 comments " reduce procesing 887 time"

2. 200 is just example, we should involve as much 887 people as we can, it wont take more than 90 seconds to do this activity.

They will be sick soon getting same comments on their officail page everyday, hopefully it move them little bit....

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ashi said:

@Don79 : I completely agree with you. We need to do something for this. 

Firstly :  They put this waiting time for us

Second :  This unlimited wait. As much we try to put the things in news or media waiting time increases.

MP n others, they may not be intersted as there are no elections around.

Some of the simple things can be done, however needs to be done collectively.

1. Everyperson put the comment on on their (Local MP and Minister in charge")twiter n facebook three times a day " Reduce 887 processing time". Imagine 200 people thrice a day 600 comments a day. In 7 days they have 4200 comments " reduce procesing 887 time"

2. 200 is just example, we should involve as much 887 people as we can, it wont take more than 90 seconds to do this activity.

They will be sick soon getting same comments on their officail page everyday, hopefully it move them little bit....

All this is good.. but it is really not making any difference. That petition is around for last 2 years almost , nothing has changed. even though it has more than 4k signatures till date. Many have moved on with this as get  their PR which is understandable. 

If something needs to be done, it is a direct contact with the ministers rather than going round the bush involving  all the social media elements with limited success.

Not discouraging ,but there is a practical and political side to this topic.

Regional migration is currently a political issue, the regional areas requires more and more ppl here to support the regional economy as the economy and population  is shrinking here.. given the situation if the current regional population move out in large numbers.. it will become big issue at a broad level also consider all  the other issues of drought /flood  in different parts of the country which have significantly impacted the regional space  and hence they are balancing it out with all the current provisional visa holders.

Not a ideal situation, but it is the real fact accept  or not .

Even if noise is made on this topic.. practically to achieve something in short term is next to impossible hence looking at the current numbers and  time line by next December one can  see a reduction in processing times. Once the 491 is fully operational in terms of applications and grants.

Yes processing time and delay is frustrating for everyone.. but look in long term 10/20 years this will be a just a phase with lot of learning.   In all this the final objective is not getting changed which all applicants had when they started the journey, it is only getting delayed where the situation is out of your control.

There is always something good in every bad situation, it is the ability to see good and sail through hard times makes the difference.

As of today.. the average processing time is still some where between 12/15 months if the documentation is updated. Yes there are exceptions for the reasons nobody knows. 

Stay positive and Live positive. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Ranjeet said:

test.png

10 minutes ago, Ranjeet said:

Now the estimated processing time is 24 to 26 months

What the hell!!  We should call and complaint one by one. That's manslaughter!!!

Current immigration policy exposes Peter Dutton and Scott Morison's narrow minded and short-sighted in governing.  They say they just want those people have business talents and can make huge achievements to Australia economic!!!!!  i bet this kind of stupid thoughts would end up with nothing but worse situations. Wait and see. Actually only the main part, the middle class can build up a country's economic, never be the extreme tiny part group. 

Hi everyone 

I had a question if i want to go overseas during 489 visa valid but want to return with bridging visa b , is it possible or not? Or i have to wait until bridging visa b activation then travel to overseas? 

Please kindly reply regarding this matter. 

Thanks in advance