887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Guys,

I applied for 887 on 23/05/2019. My Australia PCC and India PCC will expire next week.

I am going to apply Australia PCC this week.

After applied for 887 never travel overseas. Do I still need to apply for India PCC?

Appreciate your suggestion on this.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I just did a simple calculation and if they continue this speed, they can clear the backlog quickly.

Assuming we are getting 20 grants per day. That’s 100 grants a week. (Not everyone post grants on the forum)

That’s 400 grants per month. They have about 3500 applications on hand. So it will take them around 9 months to clear all applications. And I think the actual grants per day should be higher, so things looking good we only hope they can work consistently, I am seeing at least 20 different COs name in the last few days.

You seems right 
I calculated assuming 3000 applications 

Lets say they work 48 weeks in a year 

3000/48= 62 grant per week 

Around 60-70 grant per week may lead to 12 month award 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Partha said:

Hi Guys,

I applied for 887 on 23/05/2019. My Australia PCC and India PCC will expire next week.

After applied for 887 never travel overseas. Do I still need to apply for India PCC?

Looks like we don’t as per the point 4 in the attachment. What do you think?

Get AFP ASAP!

9CDD632A-CF7B-46A2-954D-0373E7BFDE42.jpeg

Edited by Satish

5 minutes ago, Partha said:

Hi Guys,

it's always better to keep your application upto date. But in this forum many person got their grants without applying new Indian pcc. it's all matter of time and your luck I guess. Rest is up to you.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nakul Gautam said:

You seems right 
I calculated assuming 3000 applications 

Lets say they work 48 weeks in a year 

3000/48= 62 grant per week 

Around 60-70 grant per week may lead to 12 month award 

This is still fine, it means processing time is average of 9-12 months.

13 hours ago, Hans said:

hi guys,

i provided payslips from my previous company which is now permanently closed, if i am asked for any further documents regarding payslips or any other work reference letter will it work if i provide my current companys payslips?

You would have to provide the payslips and supporting documents for the period you are claiming the one year for. Hope this makes sense. When you apply - the full 1 year would already needed to have been completed - therefore you would be unable to provide payslips that weren't in that period.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevinnnn said:

Does DOH actually call your employer for reference checks? Many business are closed at the moment, what if they can’t get ahold of my boss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally depends on the CO....

Hi,

Just wondering anyone refused CO for not providing overeas PCC as it is not required as per their "Penal clearance certificates validity issues. 

During this coronavirus pandemic, its very risky to engage your relative in home country(Bangladesh) to collect PCC. If we explain politely to CO about this,should not they waive this?