887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

hey guys got my pr today, took me really long, applied on 5th april 2017, co ask for police clearance certificate for india and australia on 1st of august, which i submit at same date, then after 5 month and 9 days today i finally got it, in all process it took me 9 month and 4 days,,good luck to everyone on this forum,its been great help here

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Tsep said:

Hi Rabea,

Can you please let me know how much old your kids? I am in same situation. My daughter is now 5 months old and waiting for CO assign. I applied on 21/09.i am very close to CO allocation. Somewhere I read kid below 6months medical is not required. Is this true? 

Mine is a 1 years old, and I never heard of the 6 months rule. Regardless of the age I think he will ask for a medical check, as australia dont want to burden their medicare with pre existing conditions!

did you check if you can organise a medical checkup from the immi account under you son name or it is locked ? 

12 hours ago, Tsep said:

Hi Rabea,

Can you please let me know how much old your kids? I am in same situation. My daughter is now 5 months old and waiting for CO assign. I applied on 21/09.i am very close to CO allocation. Somewhere I read kid below 6months medical is not required. Is this true? 

Hi Tsep,

How did you get your daughter’s visa 489? And how soon? I mailed the required documents to the immi department office located in Sydney for the application of my 6-month-old daughter’s visa 489 last November coz my family live in NSW with visa489, but still no any response yet. I’m very annoyed because i can’t apply for 887 without that done. Have no idea of what to do...

Please kindly respond. Many thanks!

6 hours ago, Sharky said:

Hi Tsep,

How did you get your daughter’s visa 489? And how soon? I mailed the required documents to the immi department office located in Sydney for the application of my 6-month-old daughter’s visa 489 last November coz my family live in NSW with visa489, but still no any response yet. I’m very annoyed because i can’t apply for 887 without that done. Have no idea of what to do...

Hi Tsep,

Hi Sharky,

I had a similar problem last Septermer when I posted my new born daughter's document to Brisbane because I'm in regional Queensland. I called DIBP after 4 weeks of no response and a very nice gentleman assisted me.  He advised me that 489 is processed by the team in Adelaide SA. If you send your docs to any other city, they'd have to forward them to Adelaide to be processed and this can take ages. I therefore printed a new set of documents (I had retained soft copies), added a cover letter explaining my situation and addressed the letter to:

GSM Team 10 (489 visa processing office)

DIBP ( Now Home Affairs)

GPO Box 2399

Adelaide SA 5001

I tracked my letter which was delivered to them the following day. 7 days after delivery, tadaa.....489 was issued to my daughter and we applied for 887 that same day and got medicare the following day. There's no time to waste???

13 hours ago, gurpinder singh said:

hey guys got my pr today, took me really long, applied on 5th april 2017, co ask for police clearance certificate for india and australia on 1st of august, which i submit at same date, then after 5 month and 9 days today i finally got it, in all process it took me 9 month and 4 days,,good luck to everyone on this forum,its been great help here

Congratulations! But 5 months for the CO to get back, that’s too long! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 887australia said:

Thank You,

Bunny Hopefully you will get the Direct Grant As Well

If you don't mind me asking, Can I know what Docs You have Uploaded till now 

Employment contract, Salary slips for 12 months, bank statements, tax assessment notices, tenancy agreement for 2 years, few utility bills (not all), Statutory declaration for 5 months stayed with relations, bank account opening letter/TFN opening letter addressed to relations address, AFP and Sri Lankan police checks for me and my husband, Husbands degree transcripts to prove functional english, Notification of incorrect answers coz i have added my parents as non-accompanying previously. And identity documents

Hope these will be sufficient. Please advise if u aware of any more

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and gathering as much info as possible. I will only complete my 2 years living in a regional area on my 489 visa by the end of November 2018 but I find your forum valuable for everything I need leading up to my application. I am almost complete with the 52 weeks work by the end of January but still a long way to go to complete the 2 year residency.

Good luck to those of you currently applying for your 887 and congrats to those of you that have been successful with your grants.

Cheers

Edited by TakeItOnTheChin

7 hours ago, alexoir said:

Hi Tsep,

Hi Sharky,

I had a similar problem last Septermer when I posted my new born daughter's document to Brisbane because I'm in regional Queensland. I called DIBP after 4 weeks of no response and a very nice gentleman assisted me.  He advised me that 489 is processed by the team in Adelaide SA. If you send your docs to any other city, they'd have to forward them to Adelaide to be processed and this can take ages. I therefore printed a new set of documents (I had retained soft copies), added a cover letter explaining my situation and addressed the letter to:

GSM Team 10 (489 visa processing office)

DIBP ( Now Home Affairs)

GPO Box 2399

Adelaide SA 5001

I tracked my letter which was delivered to them the following day. 7 days after delivery, tadaa.....489 was issued to my daughter and we applied for 887 that same day and got medicare the following day. There's no time to waste???

Thank you so much alexoir !! I’ll do it as what you guided asap. Did you get medicare just after you came up with the application for 887? That’s pretty good.

Thanks again and all the best wishes!

Thank you so much alexoir !! I’ll do it as what you guided asap. Did you get medicare just after you came up with the application for 887? That’s pretty good.
I am sorry as i might be wrong here, but why we are posting docs ?
I lodged for my new born daughter online from my account immi account, attach all docs and get visa quick, now we applied 887 and got medicare for all 3 of us.
Would that be not quick rather than posting?
I am not sure if that's what the query is about

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Bunny said:

Employment contract, Salary slips for 12 months, bank statements, tax assessment notices, tenancy agreement for 2 years, few utility bills (not all), Statutory declaration for 5 months stayed with relations, bank account opening letter/TFN opening letter addressed to relations address, AFP and Sri Lankan police checks for me and my husband, Husbands degree transcripts to prove functional english, Notification of incorrect answers coz i have added my parents as non-accompanying previously. And identity documents

Hope these will be sufficient. Please advise if u aware of any more

If you had private insurance like Bupa, please upload membership card and letter from them.  

18 hours ago, gurpinder singh said:

After long time but you got your PR.  Congratulations for this day....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DarDec said:

If you had private insurance like Bupa, please upload membership card and letter from them.  

Hi DarDec

Yes I have medibank and after getting medicare I had to change the cover as well. Should it go under "residency requirements"

Can I still upload documents after 3 months and 8 days?

2 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Hi DarDec

Yes I have medibank and after getting medicare I had to change the cover as well. Should it go under "residency requirements"

Can I still upload documents after 3 months and 8 days?

You should be able to upload as yet no CO allocation. It should be under residency or Relationship Evidence. 

1 hour ago, aug17 said:

I am sorry as i might be wrong here, but why we are posting docs ?
I lodged for my new born daughter online from my account immi account, attach all docs and get visa quick, now we applied 887 and got medicare for all 3 of us.
Would that be not quick rather than posting?
I am not sure if that's what the query is about

Hi aug17, do you mean you got your daughter’s visa 489 via your immiaccount? I was told it should be done via post. Confused! Could you please show me the process? Is it free?

Hi aug17, do you mean you got your daughter’s visa 489 via your immiaccount? I was told it should be done via post. Confused! Could you please show me the process? Is it free?
No definately not mine was done from overseas $3500/- something, since my newborn was offshore.

But onshore can all process from same, not sure about $$$$ , i called immigration before i leave australia and he adviced under new visa application, there is 489 and under 489 it's called 489 subsequent entrant, once u select that, it will ask who is it for, and how thry relate to main applicant.

Again since mine was offshore, i could be wrong, i would better suggest calling immigration and check with them, since evrythng is online, i would rather surprise to see if anyone still has to go through post and wait for long.

1 hour ago, Sharky said:

Hi Sharky,

Read my earlier comment on your question. Since your daughter was born onshore, you did the right thing by posting the required docs. I assume you added Form 1022. However 489 visas for new borns onshore are processed in Adelaide. I went through what you're going through last year. And it's free.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Sharky said:

Yes I got Medicare immediately after applying for 887. Just print out your bridging visas and submit them plus your passports to a Medicare processing centre in person. I suggest you take your whole family along since all applicants over 18 will be required to sign. It takes less than half hour for you to be processed. They give you immediate Medicare printouts  that you can use right away. You receive the hard cards by post in about 2 weeks.

Hi ,

I'll be applying to 887 visa in couple months and just started gathering all my required documents. I had a doubt , hope some one will help me on this.

My visa was sponsored by NT and I flew to Darwin initially but didn't find any job so moved to regional areas in NSW and got settled here. During my stay in Darwin, I was sharing a room which I find in gumtree and paid cash for rent which means I know need to prepare statutory declaration for the same but am currently staying in NSW regional areas. 

In order to prepare statutory declaration, should I use NT format or NSW format ? kindly help 

thanks

2 hours ago, alexoir said:

Yes I got Medicare immediately after applying for 887. Just print out your bridging visas and submit them plus your passports to a Medicare processing centre in person. I suggest you take your whole family along since all applicants over 18 will be required to sign. It takes less than half hour for you to be processed. They give you immediate Medicare printouts  that you can use right away. You receive the hard cards by post in about 2 weeks.

Thank you alexoir! Really appreciate your guidance!  I’ll post all the docs tomorrow to Adelaide.

4 hours ago, aug17 said:

No definately not mine was done from overseas $3500/- something, since my newborn was offshore.

But onshore can all process from same, not sure about $$$$ , i called immigration before i leave australia and he adviced under new visa application, there is 489 and under 489 it's called 489 subsequent entrant, once u select that, it will ask who is it for, and how thry relate to main applicant.

Again since mine was offshore, i could be wrong, i would better suggest calling immigration and check with them, since evrythng is online, i would rather surprise to see if anyone still has to go through post and wait for long.

Hi aug17, thanks for your reply. I understand now why we got different process to follow. My daughter was born in Australia and your daughter was born offshore, which leads to two different ways.Just like alexoir described. All the best wishes!