State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Guest8609
Hi Irishstew,

I think Royal Mail can take anything up to 3 weeks, I decided to courier my documents as it took me a while to get the form signed (I have only told one non-local friend about my intended move and my family are all in Oz.... so I had to wait to see the one friend to witness my form).

I sent via Courier through Rymans stationery shop (You can also do it through WHSmith, Staples).... it cost about £30 and took 3 days to get there.

It might be too late for you.... but just in case other people are reading this. Thanks Amy

It took a week for DHL to deliver - from Northern Ireland.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest TraxFM
Thanks Joise. As long as the slowness is nothing to do with the fact that both our apps are for Primary School Teacher!!!! (my OH is main app).

IrishStew

Hello there

I sent my docs on 28th July and my status hasn't changed at all, I just presumed they had got lost in the post and my application would be cancelled but it is still available to view online. I emailed them but they just basically said that if they didn't receive them in 30 days my application would be cancelled.

Does anyone think there's a chance they just haven't processed them yet and they have actually received them? I'm so confused:arghh:

Guest Big Bob
Hello there

I sent my docs on 28th July and my status hasn't changed at all, I just presumed they had got lost in the post and my application would be cancelled but it is still available to view online. I emailed them but they just basically said that if they didn't receive them in 30 days my application would be cancelled.

Does anyone think there's a chance they just haven't processed them yet and they have actually received them? I'm so confused:arghh:

Hi TraxFM

What are you waiting for ? 4 days left...Send them a copy of all your docs through FEDEX or DHL with priority shipping....

cheers! Bob

Guest Big Bob
Big Bob turn me orange submitted my 176 online. The wait begins.

All ready Captain :policeman:! Will do that all that right away.. All the best for your 176 :smile:!!

regards

Bob

Guest TraxFM
Hi TraxFM

What are you waiting for ? 4 days left...Send them a copy of all your docs through FEDEX or DHL with priority shipping....

cheers! Bob

Well that's the thing, I actually submitted the app on 21st July as it took me a week to sort out all the paperwork (will be more prepared next time!!) so my 30'days are already up but my application is still available to view oline.

Thanks

Hello there

SA state that they change the status within 2days of receiving them, so if they are not updated I think its best to assume they are 'lost' :sad:

Cheers

IrishStew

Guest adelaide1937

I am starting to get worried...Mine is in 'Application decision : Immigration SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times. Keep monit...." status for exact 15 days now. Anybody still in the same boat as me?

Guest ozdreamsa

Some update:

Lodged online 176 on 14 Aug, was not prepared for all the docs uploading.

CO allocated (??) on 21 Aug, asking to upload all docs and gave details, did not ask for police check and med yet (or did he??) cause the mail was kind of confusing.

Now rushing to upload docs..

Guest ozdreamsa

As long as u can upload color scan, no need to certify. If u cannot upload color scan, u need to certify n scan it n then upload.

I got this instruction from my CO

Hi Thanks ozdreamsa this is the info I needed and confirms what I have seen on other forums, I am on it, I will only certify the payslips seems. This is good. Al wait for CO to confirm on the meds, I doubt whether I am supposed to do this b4 the CO confirms.

As long as u can upload color scan, no need to certify. If u cannot upload color scan, u need to certify n scan it n then upload.

I got this instruction from my CO

Guest Big Bob

SA State Sponsorship Tracker Colour Code

SA Sponsorship Applied : Green

SA Sponsorship Approved : Purple

SA Sponsorship Rejected : Red

Visa Filed :Orange

Case Officer/Medicals/PCC:Pink

Visa Granted :Blue

Total Applicants applied for SA State Sponsorship :15

Sponsorship Awaited :8

Sponsorship Granted :7

Sponsorship Refused : 0

Visa Filed : 6

Case Officer/Medicals/PCC: 1

Visa Granted : 0

Please click on image to know your status full screen:

SA State Sponsorship Tracker-25 August 2011.png

Updates: 1

Name: Arntoh

Date of SMP application: 16 Jul 2011

Docs Received by SA Office:19 Jul 2011

Trade/profession:Computer Networks & System Engineer

Visa type:176

Delays/further docs requested:

SS Granted: 08 August 2011

Visa Filed: 23 August 2011

Visa Granted:

Guest eclare

Be aware! If DIAC are still suggesting applicants will be allocated case officer (you'll get a link to check this once you have logged your 176) within 2 weeks or a similarly quick time, it may be worth submitting your police checks as soon as you lodge your 176. As some of you will be aware I was one of the first to lodge my 176 and get a case officer appointed. I understood from the confirmation email DIAC sentl that I had 70 days to submit meds and PCC.

I sent my police checks the same day we were appointed a case officer (just under 2 weeks after lodgement) and opted for the 'standard service' (£35, takes 10 days plus posting) as we are just about to go on holiday so there seemed little point in rushing...and hey we had 70 days! However when I logged back into DIAC e-visa system yesterday it suggested all docs have to be submitted with 28 days of lodgement.

There was no way we could meet this deadline as we'll be abroad and in a bit of a flap emailed DIAC for clarification if it was 28 or 70 days and saying I had only followed their advice to wait for appointment of a case officer before proceeding with meds and PCC. I got a very brief email back saying I had a 28 day extension...so I assume they had expected all docs to be submitted within the 28 day deadline but it still unclear. Its taken me all a bit by surprise especially when I thought everything was in hand and I would have hated to be caught out like that. Good job we managed to get a last minute appointment for our meds which we did on Fri so that part is complete and PCC is all that is outstanding!

Just want to give you all the heads up. Perhaps worth getting PCC done before you get a case officer, DIAC suggest you wait until you have a case officer but do check their website for information on allocation times. Also worth noting that PCC are valid for 12 months but doing it in advance may save unnecessary delay....but I guess if you are in a similar position just make sure to contact your case officer and make them aware of the potential delay. There is a speedier option for PCC with a 2 day turnaround but its £70 and I'm a tight ass!

Good luck one and all!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Equally though eclare, things could slow down any day and you only have 12 months to validate from the earliest date of your meds or PCC, so if people are not planning on moving as soon as they get their grant, this could throw a spanner in the works for them - so its good to be aware of the 12 months rule -it isn't 12 months from when you get your visa granted and a lot of people seem to think this is indeed the case.

@eclare,

I just went through the automated mails that I received after odgement and it seems the 28 days could apply to uploading docs and probably exclude the meds, check out the extract below that I received from DIAC. Everyone kindly share ur experiences and thoughts, it's open to all. As for the PCC ave decided to proceed.

"If you have applied for an offshore GSM visa, your case officer will contact you when you need to undertake health and character checks.

TIMEFRAME FOR RESPONSE

Where applicable you must provide all additional documents (identified above) within 28 days after the date of this email, otherwise your application may be decided without the additional information being taken into account."

Guest ozdreamsa

Hi guys, I just contacted my CO about the timeline and looks like a general rule is to allow applicant 28 days for uploading docs from the day when CO asked for it. No need to do meds and pcc until being asked by the CO. For example, if CO is satisfied with the initial docs, CO will ask for PCC n Meds and probably give another 28days timeline.