• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rajr

Hi Kamalg

i need your opinion about 176 visa. I am facing a problem with point count. I read from this blog you also faced the similar problem.

I was contacted by my CO stating that I do not have enough points to meet the pass mark of 65 (was told I only scored 60). The problem is, i completed my PhD in australia and they didnt consider that for 5 points. Can you please advise me on this regarding. how you solved this problem.

regards

Raj

how are you getting along with your visa Sue?

we have just had to withdraw our visa application due to being 5 points short, they would not budge in any way, we couldn't add anything on retrospectively, if we wanted my skills included i had to have a positive skills assessment prior to lodging, we thought it better to withdraw than to be refused. Rob has resat the ielts last week in the hope of getting all 8's in the bandings (he was 0.5 short on previous test but still within what we needed) if he's managed that then we will reapply for the 176 as we will have 70 points, we can't use my skills assessment now as i turned 50 in April if not we will have to go the work sponsored route as Rob turns 45 at end of June so we would then lose points again, certainly not a easy process to emmigrate, a very expensive one, we may be down but we're not out yet....

Sue:goofy:

Guest PaulandVicky

Hey Sue, stay with this positivity, Adelaide will still be there waiting for you to arrive.

I'm sure it all will work out for you all.

:notworthy:

Guest kamalg
Hi Kamalg

i need your opinion about 176 visa. I am facing a problem with point count. I read from this blog you also faced the similar problem.

I was contacted by my CO stating that I do not have enough points to meet the pass mark of 65 (was told I only scored 60). The problem is, i completed my PhD in australia and they didnt consider that for 5 points. Can you please advise me on this regarding. how you solved this problem.

regards

Raj

Dear rajr

i have sent a PM regarding some advise

kamalg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paris hipon

Hi guys im also still waiting for my south australia state sponsorship result. Submitted online app on 14th may and docs received on 22nd may. Then I checked last friday and the third line was added it says .

" Immigration SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times. Keep monitoring this page and your e-mail for the decision on your application."

Im so nervous and excited to see my results. Hope they can approve it before june 29 ... Goodluck to everyone whos waiting also for their ss result this june! We can make it! lol :biggrin:

• 5 months later...

Hello friends, I think its been long time no one have posted on this thread, I am posting my status here please update your status.

EOI sub 02-11-2012, SA ss application 05-11-12...ss approval???? waiting...?