Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 12:03 PM, Russki said:

I am here! Got my 887 yesterday! 😄  Let's take it to the next step guys!

Congratulation Ruskki Hope You remember me. We applied together for 887 You know what though I got my Grant in 6 month TIme I use to Check 887 Whats the update every three days to check did you got the Grant. I was very happy when I saw your Grant Post. 

Also I forgot to Inform you Guys 

My Citizenship Time Line 

Citizenship Application Date :  13 April 2019

Email Test Notification Date :  12 July 2019 

Original Test Date : November 2019

I reschedule it to : 17 July 2019

Approval : 17 July

Yes I got the approval for Citizenship  ( 3 Months Turnaround )

Now waiting for the Ceremony

I will keep you Guys Updated 

Thank you 

• Like 5

On 5/27/2019 at 8:19 AM, Vikas said:

hi guys

I am approaching to my one year after PR grant. trying to prepare documents for citizenship. what documents do I need? and do I need birth cert? and if I don't have it what should I use instead?

regards

vikas

If you don't have Birth Certificate Just go with SSC Certificate Reflecting your BOD, That's what I Submitted and they are ok with it 

On 6/18/2019 at 6:31 AM, alexoir said:

That's great news. I however think we're indirectly waiting for 3-4 years after PR to get citizenship, since processing time is about 2 years. 

That's wrong Mate I got mine in 3 months (Application to Approval). Once you get the Test notification email which is Generall after 3-4 Months of your application date you need to go online and try to  Reschedule the Test Date need a bit of luck here. However, If you check 20 Time a Day you may get earlier test Date, I got mine within five days and I took it. Also, Test Preparation Can be done in one day

Best of luck  all of you 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 887australia said:

That's wrong Mate I got mine in 3 months (Application to Approval). Once you get the Test notification email which is Generall after 3-4 Months of your application date you need to go online and try to  Reschedule the Test Date need a bit of luck here. However, If you check 20 Time a Day you may get earlier test Date, I got mine within five days and I took it. Also, Test Preparation Can be done in one day

Best of luck  all of you 

Wow... That's great news 887. I will put in my citizenship application in October and it's getting exciting 

20 hours ago, 887australia said:

Congratulation Ruskki Hope You remember me. We applied together for 887 You know what though I got my Grant in 6 month TIme I use to Check 887 Whats the update every three days to check did you got the Grant. I was very happy when I saw your Grant Post. 

My Citizenship Time Line 

Thank you 

I am not there yet, but I just wonder how do you rescheduled?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peace_at_heart said:

I am not there yet, but I just wonder how do you rescheduled?

When they send you the Email notification for the test there is a paragraph which states that

If you cannot attend

If you are unable to attend the appointment time, you can reschedule online at appointments.homeaffairs.gov.au

You Just need to fill your Client ID and Family Name and you can reschedule it 

Thank you

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 10:56 AM, 887australia said:

My Citizenship Time Line 

Thank you 

Congrats mate!!!

I'm back after a while 😆

Going to apply for citizenship on end of Nov 2019 🤞

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 10:56 AM, 887australia said:

My Citizenship Time Line 

Thank you 

You are one absolutely lucky man! Congrats mate! I'm quite concerned how my timeline will go for a number of reasons.

Did you have your conferral yet?

On 8/15/2019 at 3:07 PM, kV-IsMyShortName said:

You are one absolutely lucky man! Congrats mate! I'm quite concerned how my timeline will go for a number of reasons.

Did you have your conferral yet?

Not Yet waiting for the Ceremony. As my council only offer 4 Ceremonies per year so  I Reckon I will be on the Next ceremony list which is in November 

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2019 at 10:26 AM, 887australia said:

My Citizenship Time Line 

Thank you 

Congratulations @887australia! So happy for you! Thank you for worrying about me, I am now PR and it is only just sinking in. 🙂 

My friend from the UK also applied for citizenship very recently and she got approved in 3 months, she was quite shocked at how quickly it happened! 🙂 So fingers crossed this will continue... 🍀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All, 

I'm on visa 887 and planning to apply for citizenship very soon. Can anyone plz guide me through on what area the docs needed, plus any forms we need to fill in as well. 

I got to know the following things which are needed as per one of the post here :

- Birth Certificate

- Passport Photo

- Passport Color Scan

- First Arrival Australia Evidence (Immigration Stamp on Passport)

- Drivers Licence - Australia

- Address Proof - Australia

But I also wana know of there's anything else needed? Like while applying for 887, I filled in the detailed pdf form, plus applied for police clearance certificate. 

On 10/7/2019 at 9:09 PM, Shaan1982 said:

Hi All, 

I'm on visa 887 and planning to apply for citizenship very soon. Can anyone plz guide me through on what area the docs needed, plus any forms we need to fill in as well. 

I got to know the following things which are needed as per one of the post here :

- Birth Certificate

- Passport Photo

- Passport Color Scan

- First Arrival Australia Evidence (Immigration Stamp on Passport)

- Drivers Licence - Australia

- Address Proof - Australia

But I also wana know of there's anything else needed? Like while applying for 887, I filled in the detailed pdf form, plus applied for police clearance certificate. 

You'd also need to complete Form 1195 (identity declaration) for each applicant. The person who signs your form 1195 must also endorse the rear of your passport photograph. 

Citizenship applications are being processed super fast. I submitted my family's just yesterday and they requested for more information today. They requested for court issued evidence to support my partner's change of name. She has never changed her name so we just responded to the email, telling them exactly that. 😁