887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Delay in 887

It’s all political stunt by present Liberal Govt.

As you people know 2019 is an election year in Australia, govt tactically delaying PR applications to reduce the total numbers. They will go to election with SLOGAN AUSTRALINS first to get votes that’s my interpretation to present situation.

Also they might have planned to prolong 887 so applicants make regional areas their home and don’t come back to cities.

Never loose hope you all will get PR granted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Haris said:

For 489/887 holders.

Your PR is Guaranteed as long as you fulfill criteria

Live and work in regional area which could be in any postcode given on your grant letter.It is not compulsory to live&work in the region sponsored you, if you don’t find work or don’t like living there simply move to other regional area you feel comfortable.
No need any kind of release letter.
Good Luck to everyone.

Thank you for instilling some peace and reassurance into this forum! 🙂 🤗 Nice summary...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Haris said:

For 489/887 holders.

Live and work in regional area which could be in any postcode given on your grant letter.It is not compulsory to live&work in the region sponsored you, if you don’t find work or don’t like living there simply move to other regional area you feel comfortable.

You need to live in regional at least two years prior to lodging 887

52 weeks full time work minimum of 35 hours/week is required, this could be in any occupation whatsoever no restriction at all.

Even 52 weeks work could be over the period of 4 years in case you don’t find a stable job no problem as long as you can prove it. Doesn’t has to be in consecutive one year.

If you don’t even find work over the length of 4 years your 489 visa could be extended to meet 887 requirements.

While processing 887 applications COs are only concerned of 2 main things.

You lived at least 2 years in regional postcodes and worked there at least 12 months

You must have to have genuine and strong evidence to prove above criteria . If they’re not sure or satisfied it’s worth and HIGHLY recommended staying/working more until required before applying 887. Because once you hit apply button you CAN’T change anything,unless you withdraw.

Good Luck to everyone.

Really? Guaranteed? I'd like to have this confidence.

If the only two things they're concerned with are: live and work in the regional, how you'd explain requests like:

AFP (sometimes more than once)

Passport of NO migrating partner

Police check from every other country

Your travel history for the last 10 years

Partner IELTS

Baby medicals

Home address of ex-partner for the last 10 years

The list of odd requests goes on and on.

It seems that people here want to hear ONLY good news.

I post real situations, data from the website, real letter and people call me a hoax. @Harisis saying things without any support, just based on his will and that's ok. It's ok because it's good 'news'.

I'll respect your desire the close your eyes to any bad news. If it's what you want, it's what I'll do. I'll not raise any issues anymore, just flowers now....

There is no worse blind man than the one who doesn’t want to see

I know people have been granted their PR without working in their nominated occupation. I never said otherwise.

But you said...

If you're not working in your "close related professional area" you shouldn't be applying for the 887.

If you know someone have granted without working on their nominated occupation, then why tell everyone here they shouldnt be applying 887 in the first place if they didnt work on their nominated occupation?

Youre just making people here more anxious than ever and its not helping (as you might think it is)

First of, you started strong on your claims as if your invitation is similar to everyone else here. And ends up surprised because its not.

Sure youre not telling hoax here but the way you approach your point, (the less sweet more direct talk) doesnt appeal anyone and just making everybody paranoid.

I know you dont mean to make people anxious, but they felt otherwise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

If the only two things they're concerned with are: live and work in the regional, how you'd explain requests like:
Partner IELTS
Baby medicals

I post real situations, data from the website, real letter and people call me a hoax. [mention=3717]Haris[/mention]is saying things without any support, just based on his will and that's ok. It's ok because it's good 'news'.
I'll respect your desire the close your eyes to any bad news. If it's what you want, it's what I'll do. I'll not raise any issues anymore, just flowers now....

It not about bringing good or bad news here. Its about how you deliver your point. Not triggering everyone. Obviously not your forte mate.
  • Like 4

Partner IELTS
Baby medicals

I post real situations, data from the website, real letter and people call me a hoax. [mention=3717]Haris[/mention]is saying things without any support, just based on his will and that's ok. It's ok because it's good 'news'.

I discussed only main points.

AFP or PCC totally different things, I assume everyone here has good and clean record.

This is true btw, no need for “screenshot” because its stated in your grant letter. They include all the postcodes you can live in and its for you to choose from. As long as its in the list of regional areas, its good. But of course you need to provide proof of address that you really live on the postcode listed.

But someones contentment here my list
485600b69e325112ffa9be1aebd49820.jpg
I am previously relative sponsored 489 visa holder

This is true btw, no need for “screenshot” because its stated in your grant letter. They include all the postcodes you can live in and its for you to choose from. As long as its in the list of regional areas, its good. But of course you need to provide proof of address that you really live on the postcode listed.

But someones contentment here my list
485600b69e325112ffa9be1aebd49820.jpg&key=12ec03c465d88290b29910d09265fcf9a4c45d196a280ff4aefcf808719f57a6
I am previously relative sponsored 489 visa holder

Yes, that’s what I said. Live&work anywhere you like among given postcodes. You can simply update your address in your immi account or even call helpline they do for you.

1 hour ago, George said:

Partner IELTS

Baby medicals

I post real situations, data from the website, real letter and people call me a hoax. @Harisis saying things without any support, just based on his will and that's ok. It's ok because it's good 'news'.

@George, yes, of course you are right here, nothing is guaranteed, when it comes to immigration. 🙂 And I know better than anyone, that immigration COs are full of nasty surprises. They keep sending me on a wild goose chase over and over again and their quests for me getting harder and harder.

But I fulfilled character requirements, 2 years residency and 1 year full time work - with the solid proof, this makes me think that I will eventually get my 887 PR, because there is no reason for me not to, once all their mad quests are completed by me. 🙂 

I think, what @Haris was trying to say is "work and reside" + proof - they are your two main absolute criteria, if you have those - you will get in. Small annoying requests of police certificates and baby medicals are necessary evil, but they are manageable and unlikely to stop your grant.

That said, I like your directness and you are right to urge us to be careful and submit enough proof and be proactive. Also you are right, we have to be sensitive to changes, changes come with the new government and we certainly have to keep our eyes peeled... Just, please, try to be a little more positive with the advice... 😉 

• Like 2

[mention=3242]George[/mention], yes, of course you are right here, nothing is guaranteed, when it comes to immigration. [emoji846] And I know better than anyone, that immigration COs are full of nasty surprises. They keep sending me on a wild goose chase over and over again and their quests for me getting harder and harder.
But I fulfilled character requirements, 2 years residency and 1 year full time work - with the solid proof, this makes me think that I will eventually get my 887 PR, because there is no reason for me not to, once all their mad quests are completed by me. [emoji846] 
I think, what [mention=3717]Haris[/mention] was trying to say is "work and reside" + proof - they are your two main absolute criteria, if you have those - you will get in. Small annoying requests of police certificates and baby medicals are necessary evil, but they are manageable and unlikely to stop your grant.
That said, I like your directness and you are right to urge us to be careful and submit enough proof and be proactive. Also you are right, we have to be sensitive to changes, changes come with the new government and we certainly have to keep our eyes peeled... Just try to be a little more positive with the advice... [emoji6] 

Nice comment “Russki”

• Like 2

train is packed,, barely comes to a stop...
barely moves at all..
Jam packed with passengers,, no room to move,
not even to breath..
Sweat and coughs, sneezes in others faces
uneasy to bare, uneasy to stay...

Pregnant ladies, pick pocketing thieves and monks...
People with pets, unhappy at work, so many stories to tell

who came first, egg or the hen!! some one shouted!!
some screamed the egg!! some shouted otherwise...

They began to fight... Brothers and sisters no more!
Eggs against Hens, they continued the fight...

Not knowing, Not knowing...
The train just came to a slope. 

toot

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

New changes to 489/887

As we are hearing lot of changes could happen to 489 or may be towards 887 too.

But I believe if that’s happen Immigration department will clearly mention DATES when would that take effect, and don’t think that will make any difference to previously granted/lodged visas.

I think new changes coming from 1/07/2019.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, toot said:

train is packed,, barely comes to a stop...
barely moves at all..
Jam packed with passengers,, no room to move,
not even to breath..

toot

Wow... this is pretty cool. 🙂 

This is about us, guys. We are all tired and ratty and cranky. We start to squabble. 

I think we have to all try to cheers up somehow, we need a couple of grants here to help us out!!!! Hey, COs!!!!! Pleeeeeez, attend to our prayers!!!!!! 😄 😄 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, George said:

Partner IELTS

Baby medicals

Hi George. I understand you have good intention. It is just that the way you deliver you point or suggestion is too definitive as you said someone who doesn't work in the nominated skill jobs shouldn't consider apply for 887. When you put words like that, people will triggered and call it hoax. One more thing is that I think the screenshot you presented for 489visa is not for people already holding 489 visa rather than those who want to get the visa are required to work in those occupations to be qualified first, which makes more sense. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Haris said:

For 489/887 holders.

You need to live in regional at least two years prior to lodging 887

52 weeks full time work minimum of 35 hours/week is required, this could be in any occupation whatsoever no restriction at all.

Even 52 weeks work could be over the period of 4 years in case you don’t find a stable job no problem as long as you can prove it. Doesn’t has to be in consecutive one year.

If you don’t even find work over the length of 4 years your 489 visa could be extended to meet 887 requirements.

While processing 887 applications COs are only concerned of 2 main things.

You lived at least 2 years in regional postcodes and worked there at least 12 months

You must have to have genuine and strong evidence to prove above criteria . If they’re not sure or satisfied it’s worth and HIGHLY recommended staying/working more until required before applying 887. Because once you hit apply button you CAN’T change anything,unless you withdraw.

Good Luck to everyone.

Correct, spot on!

I am not sure how far the information is correct. But got to know two of my friend’s friend got direct grant. 1st one applied in month of March and 2nd one in April last year. 
Bro it would be great if you validate this info along with dates. They are your friends so you can ask them

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2