887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, peace_at_heart said:

To weed out stuff that is irrelevant to topic of the thread here, so we stay focused on the core issue of discussing our challenges with 887 application updates and documentation.

hi mate, the way the forum goes is fine (I am not disrespecting your thoughts), as it should be open to anyone to bring their issues, if you don't want to respond to them, it is all good. however, let other to express their views. They put down their thoughts here as they have no other place, so I think we all need to recognize the fact and respect. The scenarios are different, people have different problems....we all need to be together

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, S_SHAH said:

They can't see us...

.Untitled.thumb.png.665b2829354cabbcd5489e59f76af774.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=9e0103f9a3a43eadimageproxy.php?img=&key=9e0103f9a3a43ead

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:49 AM, nudgee said:

omg now there is no processing time, potentially we might have to wait longer?  

Did someone call immi to get an insight of what that exactly means to us?

On 1/24/2019 at 12:10 PM, Happy and lucky said:

Hi @kV-Is ShortName - 

- Waking up to such a wonderful/enlightening and fact packed answer has just made my day!
- Trust me! When I was finished up composing my post, I too was surprised how lengthy it was and was unsure if someone is going to even read it. And now, I am even more surprised seeing the detailed response you posted. 
- I am not appreciating you just because your answer brought me a lot of relief, but also for giving time to an absolute stranger.
- I recently joined this forum and I'll definitely stick around to have a smooth and guided journey from people like you. Thanks again:)

Always a pleasure @Happy and lucky. Been in the same shoes and I understand your situation. This forum is all about giving each other a much needed hand whenever in need. Good luck with your moving and shoot any questions you may have in future on here. Exciting times ahead!!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Delfin said:

Let me ask you this. has ur visa 489 expired already?

no ,not yet just 1 yr left, but i am trying  to finish this as soon as possible . So I am trying to prove that i genuinely worked 35 hours per week. just need to find out some ways to organize it.   

57 minutes ago, Deep 14 april said:

Bridging visa for 887 granted today to 5 months old son and also asked for his medical from GP.

887 applied on 14 april 2018.

Birth certificate, passport and form 1422 of son were uploaded on 2 nov 2018.

Can you please let us know ur application status.Looks like thy skipped feb & mar

On 1/28/2019 at 6:30 PM, 11Dec2015 said:

How do you know the processing time for 189 is faster than 887 ?

According to this migration agent, the processing time for 189 takes 12 until 16 months (see and hear Question 2)

Hi, can you please watch this video again? Actually, I already watch this video clip a few days ago, and the question 2 is talking about 187 RSMS visa, not 189 visa. 

Plus, 189 visa processing time is clearly noticed 6 -8 months on the immigration website. 

Hi, guys. I have had a conversation with one of the 887 department manager and now finally they accepted my claim and they are undertaking to correct the visa eligibility details which have created a lot of confusion since they update the website. 

Sorry,  it is nothing about the processing time, just clarify that we need to hold the 489 visa for at least 2 years prior to make the 887 visa application. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2018 at 3:19 PM, himal said:

Dear members 

does anyone know what will happen to Medicare once we complete 12 months.do we need to renew again or it is active until the decision is made?

cheers

Dear member,

Medicare will send you another card to your address before it expires. 

cheers

4 hours ago, Deep 14 april said:

Bridging visa for 887 granted today to 5 months old son and also asked for his medical from GP.

887 applied on 14 april 2018.

Birth certificate, passport and form 1422 of son were uploaded on 2 nov 2018.

Hi @Deep 14 april , Did u pay any application fee for newborn to get bridging visa?

Did immigration sent you any specific form to get it signed by GP or you just got a letter from GP?

I applied my 887 on 4th april and uploaded my son's documents on 26th november.

Hi guys!

I'm a newbie here and I've been following this topic for a while because you guys are giving me so much heads up on my 887 application in the future. Please pardon me if I'm in the wrong topic 😀

I'm a 489 visa holder, working hard in hospitality casual jobs to accumulate the 1 year (35 hours per week) work requirement. I've been reading how you guys are submitting employment contracts, group certificates, payslips and etc etc.

But all I have from my employers are my payslips. I don't think a lot of cafe owners bother to give out employment contracts for casual employees. No need to mention group certificates at the end of the financial year.

Anybody in the same boat as me? Would I have issues in the future if I only have payslips as my supporting documents?

Thanks in advance for any advise!

8 minutes ago, Capboy said:

Hi guys!

I'm a newbie here and I've been following this topic for a while because you guys are giving me so much heads up on my 887 application in the future. Please pardon me if I'm in the wrong topic 😀

I'm a 489 visa holder, working hard in hospitality casual jobs to accumulate the 1 year (35 hours per week) work requirement. I've been reading how you guys are submitting employment contracts, group certificates, payslips and etc etc.

But all I have from my employers are my payslips. I don't think a lot of cafe owners bother to give out employment contracts for casual employees. No need to mention group certificates at the end of the financial year.

Anybody in the same boat as me? Would I have issues in the future if I only have payslips as my supporting documents?

Thanks in advance for any advise!

Hi Capboy

You could ask the cafe business owners to give you an employment reference.

For at least nine (9) hours a week, I have also worked in a motel and restaurant as casual employee as housekeeper, room service attendant, cleaner, waiter, taking food orders, kitchen helper and dishwasher just to comply with or meet the 35 hours per week (for at least a year) requirement.

It was a pride-swallowing experience because I got two postgraduate Australian degrees (a graduate diploma and a master of business) in Victoria.

272401219_Employmentreferences.png.fd766d526546502fadac45c109fe8fdb.png

• Thanks 2