887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Guys,

My AFP has been expired and I have updated it as well.

I still have a question regarding family member added to file by mistake and their name appear on the file to upload their documents. 

I did call immigration and they advise that "keep it as it is as they will ask you to remove afterwards".

Please advise that should I keep as it is or remove it from the file? If yes How do we need to do as I have added 4 extra members who are not suppose to be there. Tried asking an agent but they charge more than 400 to make that change. Worth paying or not?

Thanks in advance.......

14 minutes ago, ham11 said:

Does AFP police clearance have to be certified as well? And also if all docs has to be certified, like the bank statements,does that mean all pages? Thanks

its like inception, 

AFP has to be certified by Military, then that has to be certified by the special forces, then by the prime minister at the end by the queen. 

it goes on until we find our peace in regional areas 😄 

Jokes aside, I dont think you have to certify AFP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, toot said:

its like inception, 

AFP has to be certified by Military, then that has to be certified by the special forces, then by the prime minister at the end by the queen. 

it goes on until we find our peace in regional areas 😄 

Jokes aside, I dont think you have to certify AFP.

hahaha, that's funny😄 sometimes we need a little bit of a laugh in our situation 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, MZH said:

Hi Please add me on Excel Sheet  . Applied 887 on 29 Sept 2018.

Thanks 

MZH

Hello, 

Thanks to the person who added me on the Excel Sheet.  A bit of error on nationality.  It should be Bangladesh. 

Thanks again. 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2019 at 1:37 PM, enbaskar said:

HI All,

I got my partner 489 subsequent visa just now. 

Applied : 12- Sep-2018

Visa Grant : 22-Jan-2019

Processing Time : 4 months .

Good luck for who are all waiting for 489 subsequent visa grant.

Hi was this for onshore or offshore and if offshore which nationality is it if you dont mind 

thanks

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anna said:

Haye guys, just a question. My passport is expiring end of this month. I need to provide immi the new passport details. Do u guys think any update to files ll cause delay in processing? My file has not been opened yet thi. I applied in October 2018.

Yes, dear, you have to provide new passport details.

No there is no delay if you update your file. Till when your application status is received you can add/update anything.

So its good to update your passport to avoid any delay in the decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MZH said:

Hello, 

Thanks to the person who added me on the Excel Sheet.  A bit of error on nationality.  It should be Bangladesh. 

Thanks again. 

I will fix this, thanks for letting us know @MZH! Not sure why the nationality even was there, I didn't fill this box for you... 🤔

Oh, someone has fixed it already! 😄 Thanks guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cel said:

Problem for me is when one son returns next year, my other son will have to be back in Singapore for National Service. Do you think there's any way out? National Service is compulsory for boys who turn 18 years old and the length of the National Service is 2 years. My sons are 2 years apart...….. so the next time both my sons will be here together is 2022. If my son will be back for a week's break in mid April, do you think informing IMMI will help?

Hi @Cel, it is a tricky situation. I feel for you. I think, you definitely need to consult with someone in immigration about it. Or speak to a good agent/migration lawyer. You need solid advice on this. 🙂 I am sure, there is a way to sort this out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just this morning, the equally legendary (of course, next to @Russki 😎) alone & hard-working Sophorn emailed requesting for additional AFP clearance National Police Check by including my ALIAS name.

Basically, she was requesting me to exclude or remove my mom's birth or maiden name on my AFP police check.

For example: from TRIBBIANI, Joseph Francis Vaccaro,  it should be TRIBBIANI, Joseph Francis (without "Vacarro")

Applicants beware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Surendrakumar said:

Hi 

I have applied for 887 on December 2017, question is my wife passport is getting expired on September this year,  do you think I have to renew it now or it's to early. 

Thanks

I would if i were you 😄

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 02 Feb 18 said:

Just this morning, the equally legendary (of course, next to @Russki 😎) alone & hard-working Sophorn emailed requesting for additional AFP clearance National Police Check by including my ALIAS name.

Basically, she was requesting me to exclude or remove my mom's birth or maiden name on my AFP police check.

For example: from TRIBBIANI, Joseph Francis Vaccaro,  it should be TRIBBIANI, Joseph Francis (without "Vacarro")

Applicants beware.

Hey mate when did u applied?

1 hour ago, Surendrakumar said:

Hi 

I have applied for 887 on December 2017, question is my wife passport is getting expired on September this year,  do you think I have to renew it now or it's to early. 

Thanks

Yes, you can renew up to 9 months before expiry. In some countries they will add the time remaining on your passport to your new passport validity. 🙂  Same as other members, I think, best renew earlier than later. 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02 Feb 18 said:

Applicants beware.

Oh no!!! But why?! 😞 Why do you have to remove it if it was a part of your name? I don't get it.

Sorry mate you had a throwback like this. 😞 

• Like 1