887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 minute ago, April guy said:

Don't dampen our spirits mate....better to hope against hope....the contacts Is still something.meaning less delays on the day they decide to continue granting.

Yeah. I also told all other guys countless time to renew their AFP but there are still someone missing on the trend. We should give them no reasons for delay. That must be direct grants.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Vinh said:

I told you guys already. They just contact us but will never grant anyone for now.

I think they do have certain instruction, like, for example: create an illusion that files are being processed without actually granting visas - until new order comes in to start granting. 😄 😄 Seems that way... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Vinh said:

So I think we shouldn't call to complain anymore. Otherwise being pushed so hard they would increase processing time hahaha ;))))

You may have a point. 🙂 My lawyer said they hate us complaining.

But applicants after a year of waiting are losing their patience... 😤... their sanity 🤪 ... their hopes 😰 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Russki said:

You may have a point. 🙂 My lawyer said they hate us complaining.

But applicants after a year of waiting are losing their patience... 😤... their sanity 🤪 ... their hopes 😰 

Yeah to be honest I would do the same if I were you guys ;))))

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Russki said:

Oh no!!! But why?! 😞 Why do you have to remove it if it was a part of your name? I don't get it.

Sorry mate you had a throwback like this. 😞 

I think I know the reason why.

Maybe they're confused.

Instead of asking for additional AFP police clearance if they really want to be kind and generous, they could've easily double checked/verified my passport wherein they will clearly and legibly see my mom's birth/maiden name or they could also examine/validate the records of my 489 relative sponsor - my brother's - record in their files.

Your guess is as good as mine. 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Oh no!!! But why?! 😞 Why do you have to remove it if it was a part of your name? I don't get it.

Sorry mate you had a throwback like this. 😞 

Same with my husband c/o sophorn request on 7 march for my husband afp with and without surname but his all papers with surname 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Vinh said:

Yeah. I also told all other guys countless time to renew their AFP but there are still someone missing on the trend. We should give them no reasons for delay. That must be direct grants.

We already submit our new afp in last 3 months but now they ask with surname and without surname,none of our paper is without surname 

• Like 1

Now i foresee whats coming up for me. Guys, my full name as per passport,visa, employment proofs, proof of age card, drivers license, police clearance overseas n here, superanuation, utility bills, are all the same. Just that my bank has my first name n last name and ATO have ommitted out one part of my name. In such a scenario whats best suggestion? Statutory declaration? Or approach bank n ato. But those will.show the updated name henceforth, what about those records already in my the application 😢?

22 minutes ago, Nada said:

Now i foresee whats coming up for me. Guys, my full name as per passport,visa, employment proofs, proof of age card, drivers license, police clearance overseas n here, superanuation, utility bills, are all the same. Just that my bank has my first name n last name and ATO have ommitted out one part of my name. In such a scenario whats best suggestion? Statutory declaration? Or approach bank n ato. But those will.show the updated name henceforth, what about those records already in my the application 😢?

Ideally it should not be a problem but keeping in mind how things are these days I would say approach Bank and ATO. Request a letter stating that the name mentioned is yours; also get the same corrected...all the best!

And the most important i forgot (hence editing post😉) upload those corrected document👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2019 at 3:15 PM, ASDFG said:

HI Guys, Just got email from Sophorn and requesting for my wife additional AFP clearance National Police Check by including my ALIAS name. And all the others documents even passport has her full name. Applied 2nd feb 2018, first request 2 Oct 2018 and  second request 2 April 2019.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, sam2018 said:

HI Guys, Just got email from Sophorn and requesting for my wife additional AFP clearance National Police Check by including my ALIAS name. And all the others documents even passport has her full name. Applied 2nd feb 2018, first request 2 Oct 2018 and  second request 2 April 2019.

Sorry to hear... What was the first request for? 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Russki said:

I think they do have certain instruction, like, for example: create an illusion that files are being processed without actually granting visas - until new order comes in to start granting. 😄 😄 Seems that way... 

I think you're right @Russki.  We are end of the financial year and elections is near the door.  There will be less grant until 30th June. 

• Like 2

Hello Seniors,

My Son was enrolled  in public school through Temporary resident program in NSW and as a 489 holder we need not pay any tuition fees in school.

but my 489 visa expire soon (applied 887 on 25/02/2018).

i am worried as a bridging visa holder we need to pay tuition fees in school.

in enrollment letter they clearly written that we shd inform them any change in visa subclass including bridging visa.

anyone come across similar situation in NSW public school ?

Thanks in advance.

46 minutes ago, innipat said:

Hello Seniors,

My Son was enrolled  in public school through Temporary resident program in NSW and as a 489 holder we need not pay any tuition fees in school.

but my 489 visa expire soon (applied 887 on 25/02/2018).

i am worried as a bridging visa holder we need to pay tuition fees in school.

in enrollment letter they clearly written that we shd inform them any change in visa subclass including bridging visa.

anyone come across similar situation in NSW public school ?

Thanks in advance.

Immi dept and state governments are aware of our visa status  all the time as they exchange information.

We still paying the same tax  on bridging visa as we were on 489. Centrelink has automatically renewed our  interim Medicare card even though they were aware our visas just moved to bridging visa status.

You are not required to pay school fees for your son when the 489 visa expires.

The bridging visa has the same conditions as the 489....no school fees, access to interim Medicare card and sadly still  ,restriction on living/working at non-regional areas/cities.

• Like 2

Hello senior members,                                                 I have applied 887 on 04/4/2018.                        For one year employement I have uploaded these certified documents.

1- employer reference letter                                     2- payslips for 1.5 years.                                                3- notice of assements.                                               4- group certificate.                                                   5- superannuation statement                                            6- bank statement ( for salary proof).                                      I just want to make sure from  the senior members,  are these above documents enough to proof one year employment??