887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

26 minutes ago, Anna said:

Omg, I am going to cry now after reading all the comments from last 200 pages😭😭 i was getting frustrated as I applied in October 2018, and here i saw people from 2017 still waiting 😭

Sing the Song - "Wake me up, when September ends!! " by green day 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Russki said:

Or "Wake me up when it's all over" by Avicii. Gives you even better coverage of timeline! It can be anywhere in the future!!! 😄 😄 

Hopefully 15months to Max... not indefinite time. I spoke to my lawyer and he said his clients are getting now right after 13months. Fingers cross...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Anna said:

Hopefully 15months to Max... not indefinite time. I spoke to my lawyer and he said his clients are getting now right after 13months. Fingers cross...

Thanks @Anna, I really hope for majority it will be no more than 13 months... 🙂 We have a few cases here of people waiting 16, 17 and even almost 19 months, but thankfully, not many of us. Let's hope for the best! 

38 minutes ago, Cel said:

Mine will reach 16 mths tomorrow....

😂😂😂

There can be many reasons to this. Did you apply yourself or via an agent or lawyer? Also it is maybe just the luck my brother few years ago struggled a lot he waited like 4-5 years🥺 you ll get it soon i wish you luck and we ll all pray for you🤲

• Thanks 1

Hello guys, I am new here. I have applied for 887 on Feb 19. my 489 is going to expire on August 2020. The question is can I travel overseas before my 489 expires? does that affect the 887 processing? have anyone traveled overseas while he is applying on 887? thanks in advance. I want to travel overseas but I am afraid. 

Good evening 

I am preparing my 887 visa application and click the submit button on 1st April,  don't want to get fool that's why just need to double check with some 887 experts here,  

On visa application it ask for travelling for last 10 years,  my query is do I and my wife need to fill every travel history as we do in form80 ? As almost we have travelled overseas 7 times but home country only  

Thanks 

35 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Hello guys, I am new here. I have applied for 887 on Feb 19. my 489 is going to expire on August 2020. The question is can I travel overseas before my 489 expires? does that affect the 887 processing? have anyone traveled overseas while he is applying on 887? thanks in advance. I want to travel overseas but I am afraid. 

Hi @Moksha, welcome to the group.  🙂 You can travel overseas while your 489 is valid,  no trouble!  It should not affect your 887 processing, unless they pick up your file while you are away.  In this case your wait will extend a bit. 

Depending on your length or stay in your home country, you may need a new overseas police certificate upon return. That's if you go back to you home country.  🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anna said:

There can be many reasons to this. Did you apply yourself or via an agent or lawyer? Also it is maybe just the luck my brother few years ago struggled a lot he waited like 4-5 years🥺 you ll get it soon i wish you luck and we ll all pray for you🤲

Mine done through an agent. CO asked for more docs twice and my son who is my application is currently in Singapore serving National Service....not sure if those are the reasons...... anyway thanks for your good wishes.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2019 at 8:11 AM, Russki said:

Can you go back to your employer and ask for one? 🙂  You can also use contract/letter of employment, your bank statement showing the salary from this job coming into your account, amounts and dates corresponding with the payslips. ATO tax assessment, group certificate from this job, and if you have them - superannuation statements. It does not have to be all of those, but the more docs you can source - the better. 🙂 

Thank you !! Yes, I have my superannuation, ATO tax, payslips, bank statement, Contract letter.

Employer is not ready to give any letter. 😞  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nudgee said:

Hi guys I am about to submit 887, for form 80 and 1221, do you guys print them out and hand write? Or type on computer? Can I type the form in computer then attached the signed page with hand writing ? Thanks

Yes I filled pdf on computer n print out last page and signed 

n uploaded filled form 80 and last page with signature 

• Like 1