887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, Butt said:

Thanks already did and you have may seen it already on Twitter.
One of issue also is that many people keep on complaining about hard process here but would not do anything practically.
I am not saying to do anything over the board but emailing media, tweets and relevant stuff atleast can happen if not something over board.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Guys please this one Tweet means we are submitting our petition to immigration ministers, media channels and so many people. Please don't be ignoran. Take it as a first priority. If you don't have twitter account open it and retweet and use effective tags. Believe me, it will work.  See the below stats, so many people have already been checked our tweet. 

2500 people's sign partition will not be as effective as this tweet. SO DO IT NOW. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 8.04.18 pm.png

• Like 4

I just called immigration support they said your file has been assessed. No outstanding action required. Just wait. I asked how long I have to wait. Its already been 13 months.
he said WAIT. 
Hope to have something soon.

It means your grant is near

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Honey said:

I just called immigration support they said your file has been assessed. No outstanding action required. Just wait. I asked how long I have to wait. Its already been 13 months.

he said WAIT. 

Hope to have something soon.

this is such good news hun! 🙂

• Like 2

Thank you for this information [mention=3531]Raj-Feb'14[/mention]! [emoji846] 
So this is another thing we all need to check - passport expiry dates. [emoji6] 

At this rate we will have to submit everything over and over again. By the time COs pick our files all docs will be expired. [emoji2365]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Kapil said:

That's true. We are in Townsville (North QLD) and had serious flood this year in February. After flood, life has become more terrible in current house. There is mould every where. Honey bees have made nest in between roof and ceiling. Honey bees frequently entered into our house and bite us. We tried to change the house but no one is agreed to accept us as a tenant  due to almost finishing visa 489 (on July 3rd, 2019) and property owners/ real estate agents don't recognize Bridging Visa. Already there is shortage of rented accommodations here after flood. We are forced to live in current property only. Sometimes, we really want to cry and it feels like committed a big mistake by coming to Australia on provisional visa. Don't know when God will listen us.

Sorry to hear Kapil. We all are pretty much in the same boat, everyone is struggling in different ways but the path is one. Why not let's talk about the positives, in my case, I did accounting and I think I was in the last batch who got 489 visa as an accountant (now it's very difficult for accountants). I know many who are struggling to get even a 489 and looking at their struggle I feel mine is nothing. Therefore, in my opinion better to focus on the positives and enjoy life my brother. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, a4anudeep said:

They will automatically send a new one. After you get your grant also you don't need to do anything the full Medicare cards will also arrive by themselves

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

Please if anyone can advise that do we get FTB apart from temporary Medicare once we apply 887 ?

19 hours ago, Kapil said:

That's true. We are in Townsville (North QLD) and had serious flood this year in February. After flood, life has become more terrible in current house. There is mould every where. Honey bees have made nest in between roof and ceiling. Honey bees frequently entered into our house and bite us. We tried to change the house but no one is agreed to accept us as a tenant  due to almost finishing visa 489 (on July 3rd, 2019) and property owners/ real estate agents don't recognize Bridging Visa. Already there is shortage of rented accommodations here after flood. We are forced to live in current property only. Sometimes, we really want to cry and it feels like committed a big mistake by coming to Australia on provisional visa. Don't know when God will listen us.

I also did post graduate courses in accounting and in finance in Melbourne for two years; and afterwards cleaned toilets, washed dishes and served at tables as a waiter in a restaurant for nine (9) hours a week for almost a year.

Why? Because I have a dream and a goal. To me, it is temporary and a small price to pay to meet immi's requirements. 

Always bear in mind that we're given 489 visa because we are the best and the brightest.

"Let the rock bottom be the foundation on which we rebuilt our lives."  - JK Rowling, author Harry Potter

• Like 9

On 3/21/2019 at 3:48 PM, Nimmi said:

Co asked for more documents on 27/11/2018 then after haven’t heard back

My case was handled by my agent and I didn't know abt logging into IMMI account to chk on status till I came across this forum. Thanks everyone I managed to do that yesterday.....realised that I was asked for more docs twice, once on 7th June 2018 and another time on 23rd July 2018. As I wasn't handling the application....my hubby was thus got the dates a little mixed up. Can someone be kind enough to help me amend details on the Google doc? Thanks very much. By the way, I was trying to find who was the CO who handled my case but not sure where to find his/her name in the IMMI account. Can someone please advise? Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Cel said:

My case was handled by my agent and I didn't know abt logging into IMMI account to chk on status till I came across this forum. Thanks everyone I managed to do that yesterday.....realised that I was asked for more docs twice, once on 7th June 2018 and another time on 23rd July 2018. As I wasn't handling the application....my hubby was thus got the dates a little mixed up. Can someone be kind enough to help me amend details on the Google doc? Thanks very much. By the way, I was trying to find who was the CO who handled my case but not sure where to find his/her name in the IMMI account. Can someone please advise? Thanks.

goto messages section and check messages and you should be able to find the name of CO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Santosh said:

Hello, can some one please suggest me. My baby was born a month ago. We received a birth certificate and waiting for the passport. I heard that we don't need to update baby details until we have his passport is ready .If i upadte now than i have to wait until baby medical clear . I am in big dilemma that shall I update once I got my grant.  I applied on 26 of February.  Can some  me one please suggest me a positive advice on this. 

Hi @Santosh, I think you have to be careful here. The baby is born = change of circumstances. In my opinion (and I don't have any babies to report, so take it with a pinch of salt), you should let the immi know at the earliest about the baby. Otherwise you may land yourself into trouble. How would you explain that you have had a baby for a couple of months before letting them know about it? 🙂 It may be not be a good look. Not sure how it works, but if you get a 887 visa tomorrow and your baby ends up without a visa, will you have to apply for a new visa for him/her? It just smells of trouble to me... 🙂 I hope, someone with a baby can advise us more? Guys? 

In all honesty, you will be better off asking a MARA agent. Just to be on the safe side. Good luck!!! 🍀

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/had-a-baby

Immigration site says:

You must tell us about your baby as soon as possible (even if they don't have a passport yet) so we can determine whether your baby can be added to your current visa application.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

goto messages section and check messages and you should be able to find the name of CO

Thanks....went in to have a look....1st request for additional docs was asked by Emily and 2nd request by Adam. Appreciated.😊

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Kapil said:

Hi Kaplil,

I feel sorry after read your message.

Everyone is on same boat with some trouble.

Mate, your 489 visa allows to Stay in any regional area of Australia. In your 489 visa copy, there is a list of postcode where you can stay.

Mate, you do have to live even in your sponsored regional. It is always advisable to live in sponsored regional area but this is not compulsory and not strict condition.

887 visa  only ask to provide two year residence and 1 year work in regionals area.Not specified where?

Bro please move your self into any reasonable regional area.

Thanks 

• Like 5

Bro, its practically not possible to leave Townsville at this stage. My son is studying in year 11 now and well settled in school. After school, he has to join some good courses in James Cook University in Townsville campus. My wife is running her business. After 3.5 years we can not start our life from scratch in a new town. We want to have our own home in Townsville now.

• Like 4

Hi Friends,
I have applied my 887 visa last year June 2018. I got married  in October 2018. and I brought her in 489 subsequent visa. 887 visa says family members cannot be added after application being lodged.Her subsequent visa expires in This year October. How can i make her stay here. what should be the next process/visa to go. UR advise will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

vijay

SBS is clogged with news which talk about extended processing time. Its time we too approach them for our worries. Kapil is a good.case, so is mine, n am sure there must be many here. Keep the ball rolling.  There is.noise out there, shout out now. If not now, never:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/migrant-workers-face-greater-deportation-risk-when-sponsor-company-collapses

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Nada said:

SBS is clogged with news which talk about extended processing time. Its time we too approach them for our worries. Kapil is a good.case, so is mine, n am sure there must be many here. Keep the ball rolling.  There is.noise out there, shout out now. If not now, never:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/migrant-workers-face-greater-deportation-risk-when-sponsor-company-collapses

Please retweet and tag all relevant people. It will make to huge difference. 

19103D8A-2956-48EF-A9F9-1D0F06831621.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Nada said:

Approached them 2-3 times, no use... maybe, you guys will have more luck? 🙂 

• Like 2