887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Just now, Abyssiniancat said:

Hey guys the brand new week is coming hopefully we are getting some good news this week! Have a question now -  what's gonna happen once interm medicare card getting expiring? Anyone experiences that? Thx!

I had medicare since last year. Once it near to the expire date they will send you a new one with 1 year exp again.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, S_SHAH said:

I had medicare since last year. Once it near to the expire date they will send you a new one with 1 year exp again.

Hi, do you know how to update our medicate's  address? for example, we are moving to another area and how can the re-new medicate comes to us? 

Thank you, 

• Like 1

Just now, JoeIAm said:

Hi, do you know how to update our medicate's  address? for example, we are moving to another area and how can the re-new medicate comes to us? 

Thank you, 

I think you need login to Mygov and update your details. (Before that make sure Medicare is linked in Mygov)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi everyone 
I am nearly about to apply for 887 visa, just need to ask few questions as I am the primary applicant and travelled overseas for a month in 2 years time and my wife travelled for 6 months almost,  are we both eligible at the same time?  And I got leased papers on 1/4/2017 so can I apply my 887 on 31st March or should be on 1st April?  How to apply medicare after applying? 
Thanks all
Hi mate

The primary applicant is the only one should be meeting the requirements before applying. One month away is not an issue for 2 years time. Good luck

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey guys the brand new week is coming hopefully we are getting some good news this week! Have a question now -  what's gonna happen once interm medicare card getting expiring? Anyone experiences that? Thx!
They will automatically send a new one. After you get your grant also you don't need to do anything the full Medicare cards will also arrive by themselves

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello everyone! Can anyone give a genuine suggestion? Me and my husband have applied for 887 from 489 in December 2018 and my concern is being a secondary applicant can i study for a bridging programme in city. Its a 3 months course.My vevo shows the condition but when i called the immigration to check if i can they weren’t even sure 😞😞 and referred it to my regional RDA. I dont know what to do ?

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:55 PM, Chopsan said:

That depends on family. Look at the definition below

Family Tax Benefit (FTB) is a payment that helps eligible families with the cost of raising children. It is made up of two parts:

• FTB Part A – is paid per-child and the amount paid is based on the family’s circumstances.
  • FTB Part B – is paid per-family and gives extra help to single parents and some couple families with one main income.

Hi Chopsan

Can you please let me know which centre you visited. I went to one situated on Henley Beach road.

1 minute ago, Vinh said:

The government said new regional visas wont affect existing visa holders. But actually we are the hardest hit ones with more than 3 years waiting;((.

Moreover, people like me who have family sponsorship. I am not living in regional area. Still effected

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

hi guys, good morning! 

A random question for anyone who has got an idea.

Imagine a case where I completed two years in regional NSW and apply for 887. Then I will remain working and living in the regional area till I get our PR while sending my family to metropolitan area.

Is this something possible? 

That's true. We are in Townsville (North QLD) and had serious flood this year in February. After flood, life has become more terrible in current house. There is mould every where. Honey bees have made nest in between roof and ceiling. Honey bees frequently entered into our house and bite us. We tried to change the house but no one is agreed to accept us as a tenant  due to almost finishing visa 489 (on July 3rd, 2019) and property owners/ real estate agents don't recognize Bridging Visa. Already there is shortage of rented accommodations here after flood. We are forced to live in current property only. Sometimes, we really want to cry and it feels like committed a big mistake by coming to Australia on provisional visa. Don't know when God will listen us.

• Sad 7

1 minute ago, Kapil said:

That's true. We are in Townsville (North QLD) and had serious flood this year in February. After flood, life has become more terrible in current house. There is mould every where. Honey bees have made nest in between roof and ceiling. Honey bees frequently entered into our house and bite us. We tried to change the house but no one is agreed to accept us as a tenant  due to almost finishing visa 489 (on July 3rd, 2019) and property owners/ real estate agents don't recognize Bridging Visa. Already there is shortage of rented accommodations here after flood. We are forced to live in current property only. Sometimes, we really want to cry and it feels like committed a big mistake by coming to Australia on provisional visa. Don't know when God will listen us.

My prayers are with you and everyone who is waiting. I can very well understand the pain as I also went through the same for almost 14 months. Dont worry your Grant is on the way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shik said:

Hello everyone! Can anyone give a genuine suggestion? Me and my husband have applied for 887 from 489 in December 2018 and my concern is being a secondary applicant can i study for a bridging programme in city. Its a 3 months course.My vevo shows the condition but when i called the immigration to check if i can they weren’t even sure 😞😞 and referred it to my regional RDA. I dont know what to do ?

Hi Shik, my wife has same situation as yours, she is trying to get a bridging program to Nurse registration but only one school in all Australia is open for new applications and that is in Melbourne and we are on QLD 489 visa... some people say that is allowed to do it and others say the opposite. So, my conclusion is nobody knows anything... 😥

You are lucky. But here in Townsville, if not Citizen, agents asked for visa copy along with 100 point checklist. Specially, after floods situation is very bad in respect of finding a rental property. More then 5000 houses were affected by flood. So these families need temporary accommodation for the period of 1 year or 1.5 years, till the time their flood affected house been repaired. And these people are not bothering rentals as being taken care by insurance companies. 

1 hour ago, Roma said:

hi guys, good morning! 

A random question for anyone who has got an idea.

Imagine a case where I completed two years in regional NSW and apply for 887. Then I will remain working and living in the regional area till I get our PR while sending my family to metropolitan area.

Is this something possible? 

your Family will have the same restriction as yours. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kapil said:

I am sorry for what you have gone through.I believe currently majority of us are struggling  with this or that dilemmas because of the stupid processing time. Just hanging there and being stronger. you will get grant this year! 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Kapil said:

If u write an email with proofs; pics of ur house condition to immi will that help?

1 hour ago, Guil said:

Hi Shik, my wife has same situation as yours, she is trying to get a bridging program to Nurse registration but only one school in all Australia is open for new applications and that is in Melbourne and we are on QLD 489 visa... some people say that is allowed to do it and others say the opposite. So, my conclusion is nobody knows anything... 😥

Have you tried in acn sydney?I applied there got an offer letter and when i went there on my first day they said i cant because of the visa condition. I even called immigration and they dont know anything regarding this.Now who can i go to? My time and money already wasted on this.And now because of this processing time i might have to start again from letters,police checks everrything 😞😞