887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

12 hours ago, Deep 14 april said:

My 489 visa was family sponsored which allows me to live and work in any designated area of Australia. Whole Western Australia came under designated area thats why i was driving in Perth.

Can you please share your timeline...thanks

7 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Experienced members reply please,

questions from a friend ,

- did anyone had to withdraw one of the family members from the application before?

- did it delay/affect the processing time of the rest applicants?

My bit - your friend will have to fill "change of conditions" and depending on who is not being part of the application department might ask few questions. I would recommend adding all the required back-up as in what is the reason of this change. Keeping in mind how CO's are working this might or not change timelines. 

• Like 1

Processing time was updated yesterday. Still 16-17 months [emoji3525]
image.thumb.png.d70211691a3b5df7e04ec37fc70d8639.png

17 months is for people who need to provide additional docs... so pls do renew AFP and PCC when it’s close to expiry . But direct grant time frame is around 13-14 months. Still a very long wait though. Let’s see how it goes today
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, nudgee said:

17 months is for people who need to provide additional docs... so pls do renew AFP and PCC when it’s close to expiry . But direct grant time frame is around 13-14 months. Still a very long wait though. Let’s see how it goes today

No Necessary, I applied February 2018. Only contact was that my application was allocated, but not further documents were requested. I have lodged many complaints but the answer is that my application is withing the published processing time. For that reason, I was hoping the processing time was reduced but unfortunately it was not.. 

1 minute ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Well they seem to be doing it faster than that anyway and at least it has not increased

They update it every month, for the previous month. This update is for month ending 30 April. I have noticed that there has been a big number of grants during May. I guess the update in June for month Ending 31st May would be reduced to 13-14 months, but we will need to wait 1 more to see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nee_778 said:

Congratulations to Roja! First grant for today. Don't see her posting here but someone has updated spreadsheet.

Just wanted to ask if someone saw the post.

Congratulations on your grant @Roja, enjoy your new life!!!  Could we ask who was the CO and also if there were children included in the application. If there was, what are their ages and did they have medicals done?

• Like 1