887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

33 minutes ago, bjouana said:

Got an email from CO Sophorn this morning asking for more information regarding functional english for my wife. This is the first contact. Applied on 02/07/2018.

Good news. Timeline jump to July.

I think maybe the files before July have been assigned to other Co. Just Co sophorn have done his backlog tasks, and the  open the new file first.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Abyssiniancat said:

Just updating a few things. I got reply from agent in regarding the certify documents they said that the clear scanned colour copy will be treat ed as certified docs. Also my payslip was printing by Email and they said that's fine as long as lining up with that in the bank statement.

When did you apply? Are you in the spreadsheet?

1 minute ago, Abyssiniancat said:

I was not and I applied 3rd August 18 thought it is gonna be loooooong way to go untill saw a few lucky July fellows got contact feel a bit cheerful and sort of positive! 

Wow that's good news! Is it okay to add you to the spreadsheet?

Hi everyone,

First post here but a silent follower for a few weeks already.

Great forum with lots of information. Thanks to all who make the effort to correspond.

Applied 28/08/2018

My question: When we applied for the 489, my husband was the main applicant. For our 887 it is myself as I am the one working full time whilst my husband is setting up our business. When we applied for 489 my husband already achieved 'competent English' through IELTS. That certificate dates from early 2016, we arrived mid 2016. Would he be needed to do IELTS again? 

Thank you for your kind replies already.

• Like 4

To be honest I am super confused now, I applied on 3/12/18 last month @Tianjin got a case officer whereas, he applied on 5/12/18. I thought it was random pickup, case officer may open his file by mistake. In this week  they were processing until mid April now jump to July. What happen to May and June applicant. We can see we have good number of applicant from those months. It's a good news whoever got a case officer now. My question once they have submit their documents they will get their grant or not? It's very strange case officer asked for partner documents, not the work requirement not the residential one. Most probably they will asked for the work and residential paperwork later ? any guess experts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stellajane said:

Hi everyone,

First post here but a silent follower for a few weeks already.

Great forum with lots of information. Thanks to all who make the effort to correspond.

Applied 28/08/2018

My question: When we applied for the 489, my husband was the main applicant. For our 887 it is myself as I am the one working full time whilst my husband is setting up our business. When we applied for 489 my husband already achieved 'competent English' through IELTS. That certificate dates from early 2016, we arrived mid 2016. Would he be needed to do IELTS again? 

Thank you for your kind replies already.

YES from my experience all sec applicant must prove fun eng 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

To be honest I am super confused now, I applied on 3/12/18 last month @Tianjin got a case officer whereas, he applied on 5/12/18. I thought it was random pickup, case officer may open his file by mistake. In this week  they were processing until mid April now jump to July. What happen to May and June applicant. We can see we have good number of applicant from those months. It's a good news whoever got a case officer now. My question once they have submit their documents they will get their grant or not? It's very strange case officer asked for partner documents, not the work requirement not the residential one. Most probably they will asked for the work and residential paperwork later ? any guess experts. 

I reckon that they are running ahead looking at files to establish what may be missing or needing an update so that by the time they get to that application in the queue then it is very quick to grant. So if they don't phone or contact to ask for something then it may mean that your docs are ok

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 887 2019 said:

YES from my experience all sec applicant must prove fun eng 

I understand, but his competent English was the basic criteria to be able to get the 489 granted at first. Competent English has an higher IELTS score then Functional English. So it does sound a bit silly, especially when living in this country for almost 3 years now which even made his English even much better. 

Can I kindly ask, in regards to the functional English for the sec applicants, what were their IELTS results when applying for 489? Did they achieve functional already or higher? Or did they not had to do an IELTS test then? 

17 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Are you on the Excel Sheeet, is that all right to share with us what has been asked by Case officer. 

No, please add me on the Sheet.

Documents required

-AFP (main applicant) , and my wife (already submitted new ones yesterday).

- Functional English for my wife  (submitted yesterday).

- Health Examination for my kid (born after submitted 887 visa )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

I understand, but his competent English was the basic criteria to be able to get the 489 granted at first. Competent English has an higher IELTS score then Functional English. So it does sound a bit silly, especially when living in this country for almost 3 years now which even made his English even much better. 

Can I kindly ask, in regards to the functional English for the sec applicants, what were their IELTS results when applying for 489? Did they achieve functional already or higher? Or did they not had to do an IELTS test then? 

I had friends who also swapped as main applicant and secondary applicant, and neither had to do the test again because they had both achieved competent English at the time of applying for the 489. Hopefully you should be ok but just make 100% sure

• Like 1