887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi all,

There was a query regarding functional english for secondary applicant.  I thought if the secondary applicant had functional english say have studied in English medium back in our home countries, if we are able to produce documents, that should be enough evidence to prove our english requirements. 

When I applied for my husband's 489 SEV in Feb 2018, despite providing statement of medium from university, CO Sophorn asked us to submit additional docs or pay second visa charges of nearly $4850. I have sent numerous emails and fought that I have submitted required docs and got granted the visa.

So, do we really have to do an english exam??

Thanks,

Bhavi

On 5/24/2019 at 4:14 PM, Jptsap said:

The Department is currently allocating subclass 887 visa applications that were lodged up to April 2018 for assessment.

75% of 887 visa applications are currently taking 441 calendar days (16 months) to finalise;

90% of 887 visa applications are currently taking 484 calendar days (17 months) to finalise.

Very close I hope that they start picking up May as well 

prayers 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hide my name said:

Hi I have a question 

what will happen if we don’t take a release letter from nominated regional area?? Is there anyone who experience this situation? 

And after moving to another state forget to change address in immigration? 

I don’t think there is anything called release letter now. Saying that you should have written email form sponsored state indicating that they allow you to go to other state and it is not difficult to get the email. Thanks 

• Like 1

When we submitted our application for 887 (from 489) on 10th Sep 2018, processing time was 9-11 months, some time back it was 12-15, and 15-16 months, and now it's 16-17 months. Seems 887 processing time is getting more and more delayed. Any idea why this keeps increasing? , any thoughts will it go beyond this.. ? :( 

Cheers!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, empie said:

When we submitted our application for 887 (from 489) on 10th Sep 2018, processing time was 9-11 months, some time back it was 12-15, and 15-16 months, and now it's 16-17 months. Seems 887 processing time is getting more and more delayed. Any idea why this keeps increasing? , any thoughts will it go beyond this.. ? 😞

Cheers!

Easy, they don't want us to live in cities

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 3:50 PM, Ekam said:

Hi everyone,

just a quick query, I know it's mentioned and discussed before. Just for the ease of my mind.

Do we need overall 4.5 in IELTS OR we need 4.5 in each component (W,R,L,S) for secondary applicant?

i am thinking 4.5 in each component not lower than that.

pls advice.

Many Thanks 

Hi it’s overall 4.5 not each band 4.5. I have got the same issue but discuss with several professional migrant consultant and they mentioned it’s 4.5 overall 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megrand1 said:

Easy, they don't want us to live in cities

The government plan is to settled down migrants people into the regional areas that’s why they introduced new 491 visa. I guess the longer processing time means they want us to became settled down in regional area. Usually, when we stay 4 and 5 years people won’t prefer to move somewhere else. 

Note : this is just only my views 

On 5/23/2019 at 11:33 AM, Stellajane said:

Hi everyone,

First post here but a silent follower for a few weeks already.

Great forum with lots of information. Thanks to all who make the effort to correspond.

Applied 28/08/2018

My question: When we applied for the 489, my husband was the main applicant. For our 887 it is myself as I am the one working full time whilst my husband is setting up our business. When we applied for 489 my husband already achieved 'competent English' through IELTS. That certificate dates from early 2016, we arrived mid 2016. Would he be needed to do IELTS again? 

Thank you for your kind replies already.

If your husband is secondary applicant he need to submit English functional evidence even though earlier he was main applicant.  For secondary applicant is just valid for 12 months and in your case  it’s expired. 

Thanks 

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2019 at 12:10 PM, March9th2019 said:

Hi guys

Im going to Indonesia for my holiday in July. If we travel overseas other than home country, do we need upload new AFP and overseas police clearance?

No need if it’s less than a month I guess anyways I am going to Bali tomorrow as well. 

Thanks 

On 5/23/2019 at 8:41 PM, Bern83 said:

Congratulations on your grant!!

Could you please tell us if you had children included in your application and if so what are their ages and did they have medical tests done?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

One kid, who is 6, is included and no medical tests required.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 10:24 PM, Dave said:

I don’t think there is anything called release letter now. Saying that you should have written email form sponsored state indicating that they allow you to go to other state and it is not difficult to get the email. Thanks 

also I think the agreement with the sponsored estate government is for 2 yrs after that you can move any suburb mentioned in the visa. I know couple of my friends moved without any letter or any formal approval.