887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Does it mean that we cannot submit the same proof which was submitted while filing 489 ?

what is the letter of proof of English is provided from college at the filing 489, will that work for 887 or same letter to be generated again from college with fresh date ?

Yes, you can submit the same proof if it is still valid at the time you apply. It all depends on the level of English you claimed to have. If it was functional, then it wouldn't be valid, if it was a higher level it is valid for three years. So if you apply for 887 before three years have lapsed from the date of issue of a higher level of English, then that could still be used.

Hope this makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Bern83 said:

Yes, you can submit the same proof if it is still valid at the time you apply. It all depends on the level of English you claimed to have. If it was functional, then it wouldn't be valid, if it was a higher level it is valid for three years. So if you apply for 887 before three years have lapsed from the date of issue of a higher level of English, then that could still be used.

Hope this makes sense.

It is a simple document from college confirming the medium of study was English. It won't have any end date etc

• Like 1

Just now, jaknap3 said:

It is a simple document from college confirming the medium of study was English. It won't have any end date etc

i have resubmitted the letter from college which we provided for 489.i am agent advise it should be fine. but i am not really sure

20 minutes ago, Emadh said:

i have resubmitted the letter from college which we provided for 489.i am agent advise it should be fine. but i am not really sure

me too resubmitted the same letter which i got from university at the time of applying 489.

CO hasnt raised any issues...fingers crossed ! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Emadh said:

I am not sure how those letters work, but I think it should proof more than functional English, as the medium of instruction was completely in English. In my opinion, but it is just an opinion, you should then be alright with it.

If you do have the time and money for PTE or IELTS, it couldn't do you any harm to submit that though.

Is your wife still studying? If so, you could also ask for a new letter, it could only help your case.

2 minutes ago, darwinsingh said:

me too resubmitted the same letter which i got from university at the time of applying 489.

CO hasnt raised any issues...fingers crossed ! 

I think you should be alright, they would've asked already as you had other requests.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bern83 said:

I am not sure how those letters work, but I think it should proof more than functional English, as the medium of instruction was completely in English. In my opinion, bit it is just an opinion, you should then be alright with it.

If you do have the time and money for PTE or IELTS, it couldn't do you any harm to submit that though.

Is your wife still studying? If so, you could also ask for a new letter, it could only help your case.

What about if you submit any certificate that if your wife has done in Australia Cert iii or iv or diploma? experts will that done the job for English requirements rather than IELTS?

1 minute ago, Roma said:

What about if you submit any certificate that if your wife has done in Australia Cert iii or iv or diploma? experts will that done the job for English requirements rather than IELTS?

If it was in class attendance, I think you should be alright. I am not sure about online studies though, as you could use a translating program when you do the studying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirankaur said:

I submitted below docs

1. Taxi logbook ( login/off details)

2. Taxi reference letter

3. Marketing job reference letter showing contract hours 9am-6pm 

4. Reference letter and payslips for 2 nd job

Please find the attached screenshot.

E8362EB9-8FF1-486C-A172-718688F887A6.jpeg

Your husband worked with Geelong taxi in Victoria? Does immi accept ? Because , your trips don't limit in Geelong area. I mean, some trips have been done in metro areas. As per requested docs, they don't care about trips. If it is, good for you.

11 minutes ago, Rangana said:

Your husband worked with Geelong taxi in Victoria? Does immi accept ? Because , your trips don't limit in Geelong area. I mean, some trips have been done in metro areas. As per requested docs, they don't care about trips. If it is, good for you.

They requested log book. He only worked in geelong. We also gt a reference letter from geelong taxi where it is mentioned that he worked in geelong region.

Hi @Bern83

Any update ... ?? 

I finally got hap id's working after calling them few times ..first they said i have to wait for CO reply.. but one of the operator helped me he raised a query for me and next morning i got the hap id ..from CO Nicci.. and  got kids medical done today ..  now fingers crossed..

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Simmie said:

Hi @Bern83

Any update ... ?? 

I finally got hap id's working after calling them few times ..first they said i have to wait for CO reply.. but one of the operator helped me he raised a query for me and next morning i got the hap id ..from CO Nicci.. and  got kids medical done today ..  now fingers crossed..

Awesome news, I am so glad for you Simmie, even though it could've been done a few weeks ago if it worked in the first place.

No news, I wish I could say differently, but still keeping the faith and spirits high and praying for our grants to come through any day!

I wish for you for a quick turnaround on this!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TAN said:

Hi All, 

I applied on 7/5/2018.   CO Katherine request for my 7 months old baby medical today 26/6/2019. Booked medical for next Tuesday which is the earliest date I could get. 

Has your baby done the GP letter as requested before asked by CO (less than 6 months)?

1 minute ago, Vinh said:

Has your baby done the GP letter as requested before asked by CO (less than 6 months)?

No this is the first time case officer request documents and I didn’t do GP letter as I’m not sure about it and I thought I have to do his medical anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vinh said:

@TAN: you will get pr after lodging med cert for sure since the new financial year's visa quotas begins next week.

Thanks @Vinh for your nice thoughts and wishes.  I hope so.. 🙏🤞 and wish you will get your visa soon too and all who are waiting here. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kirankaur said:

I submitted below docs

1. Taxi logbook ( login/off details)

2. Taxi reference letter

3. Marketing job reference letter showing contract hours 9am-6pm 

4. Reference letter and payslips for 2 nd job

Please find the attached screenshot.

E8362EB9-8FF1-486C-A172-718688F887A6.jpeg

why does she request other people's rent deposited in your bank?

3 hours ago, Bern83 said:

Awesome news, I am so glad for you Simmie, even though it could've been done a few weeks ago if it worked in the first place.

No news, I wish I could say differently, but still keeping the faith and spirits high and praying for our grants to come through any day!

I wish for you for a quick turnaround on this!

Thanks a lot .. out grants should be around the corner .. and will get to us soon good luck everyone.. 

• Like 4