887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Liveyourlife said:

1.Why 887 is slow processing 

Ans- The number of application is relatively way lower then 190 and 189. They focus on to clear reduce the burden of 189 and 190. I would say  ration would be 1/10 ( 887/189,190) just my assumptions. 

2. Why 491 why processing writhing 2 months of time 

Ans- Newly commenced visa and they try to attract migrant to move and settle down in regional. Target to growth and expansion of regional area 

3. Can we receive $1500 forthnightly payment from our employer

ans - No not at this stage only PR, citizen, NZ holder or NZ holder settle after 2001 but at least stying here more than 10 years. 

4. Early access of superannuation..?

ans- No (leave this country for forever and claiming from overseas but full amount not refunded and deducting 30%

at last I would just relax and stay health. Keep spread the love and positivity. By the I am waiting for my grant last 20 months

cheers 🙏

I am waiting for my or for last 14 years 

1 hour ago, Liveyourlife said:

Ans- Newly commenced visa and they try to attract migrant to move and settle down in regional. Target to growth and expansion of regional area 

ans - No not at this stage only PR, citizen, NZ holder or NZ holder settle after 2001 but at least stying here more than 10 years. 

ans- No (leave this country for forever and claiming from overs

i think we can early access the super

23 hours ago, dar8 said:

Yes mate we just got to Melbourne they put us In quarantine acc today , once you get the exemption airline will get approval to board you when you check in at the airport this could take couple of hours as in my flight they did this to all non Australian passport holders even prs had to wait for the approval to board the flight

How your stay is going in hotel ?

did u face any issue when I reached Melbourne airport regarding immigration etc ??

16 hours ago, Charpel887 said:

Re-editing my post as I took time to collect my thoughts and consider next steps:

I reached out to Mark (the migration agent who commented on the issue on ABC news of temporary residents during this crisis) personally to thank him as it meant a lot to me when we're in a very voiceless position. He mentioned that he did bring up the 887 issue with the same reporter from ABC and could put me in touch with him for a possible follow up story. 

Mark said it might better the chance we have to push the Government to review their position. This might be an opportunity for us to get some media attention and have a positive outcome. 

My partner and I aren't in the worst situation and are happy to chat but was wondering if anyone else would be interested in sharing their stories? 

I'm happy to be the point of contact but would need people willing to DM me with their current situation and how they're directly impacted by COVID-19 so that we can create traction and strike while the iron is hot. 

I personally think ABC news is a good platform as it reaches out to a wide audience. If this doesn't work, hey at least we tried. 🙂

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/don-t-forget-about-us-temporary-visa-holders-appeal-for-aid-as-advocates-call-for-package

Here is the recent article on sbs news but no one's still talking about 489 or bridging visas. I rarely comment in this forum but i feel its the right time when we can make our voices heard. I am going to email them about all of us and see what they can do. Will update you guys when i hear anything from them. 

Be safe and Be strong buddies...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:
12 hours ago, Megrand1 said:

Exactly

13 hours ago, X76804 said:

i think we can early access the super

15 hours ago, Liveyourlife said:

1.Why 887 is slow processing 

Ans- The number of application is relatively way lower then 190 and 189. They focus on to clear reduce the burden of 189 and 190. I would say  ration would be 1/10 ( 887/189,190) just my assumptions. 

2. Why 491 why processing writhing 2 months of time 

ans- No (leave this country for forever and claiming from overseas but full amount not refunded and deducting 30%

at last I would just relax and stay health. Keep spread the love and positivity. By the I am waiting for my grant last 20 months

cheers 🙏

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-jobkeeper-payment-who-is-eligible-how-it-works-questions-answered-explainer/9cd64109-a3e1-4d2e-8350-09ca63a5a4cc

Hi everyone,

This article mentions all other visa holders will be eligible for jobskeeper if we live in Australia for more than 10 year.

I will check with an accountant and immi agent to get a confirmation. 

Hope it is right so we could have something to live on. Otherwise it woukd be hard for all of us to make it through this crisis if it last for 6 months.

14 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/don-t-forget-about-us-temporary-visa-holders-appeal-for-aid-as-advocates-call-for-package

Here is the recent article on sbs news but no one's still talking about 489 or bridging visas. I rarely comment in this forum but i feel its the right time when we can make our voices heard. I am going to email them about all of us and see what they can do. Will update you guys when i hear anything from them. 

Be safe and Be strong buddies...

That would be great. I think we need to go to other media platforms beyond SBS as well to reach a wider audience. It's all about getting visibility.  

If Patrick from ABC is willing to cover a story on us temporary visa holders, mine isn't as impactful because I'm on an 887 for only 12 months (later this week), not living in a regional area and honestly not drastically impacted by this pandemic. Our financials have taken a hit but we can still survive.

I think these stories need to be directly impacted by COVID-19. Example: People not being able to fly back while on their 489/ 887 due to the travel ban, people not able to draw from their super, those who are jobless and potentially can't fulfill the 1-year work experience due to it. 

The goal is to use COVID-19 as a reason to highlight the government's need to speed up its process for people like us so that we have equal access to welfare. We also need to act very quickly while this topic is heavily debated so we can get as much traction as possible. I'll be sharing Patrick's email once I get it or you can DM me if you do not want to go directly to him. 

• Like 2

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-jobkeeper-payment-who-is-eligible-how-it-works-questions-answered-explainer/9cd64109-a3e1-4d2e-8350-09ca63a5a4cc

Hi everyone,
This article mentions all other visa holders will be eligible for jobskeeper if we live in Australia for more than 10 year.
I will check with an accountant and immi agent to get a confirmation. 
Hope it is right so we could have something to live on. Otherwise it woukd be hard for all of us to make it through this crisis if it last for 6 months.

Do we still receive jobkeeper payment if we lose the job? Cheers

Hi everyone 

unfornunately department of immigration deliberately gonna slow the visa process causes they don’t want to approve pr visas.the more grants they give more new number of people will apply for government benefits which is going to cost more money for the government.they have waived the waiting period to access the social benefits for those who recently got pr.they have already announced big sum of money to its people to overcome this Coronavirus crisis.so sad but true people have to wait bit longer.

Edited by himal

1 hour ago, Charpel887 said:

That would be great. I think we need to go to other media platforms beyond SBS as well to reach a wider audience. It's all about getting visibility.  

If Patrick from ABC is willing to cover a story on us temporary visa holders, mine isn't as impactful because I'm on an 887 for only 12 months (later this week), not living in a regional area and honestly not drastically impacted by this pandemic. Our financials have taken a hit but we can still survive.

I think these stories need to be directly impacted by COVID-19. Example: People not being able to fly back while on their 489/ 887 due to the travel ban, people not able to draw from their super, those who are jobless and potentially can't fulfill the 1-year work experience due to it. 

The goal is to use COVID-19 as a reason to highlight the government's need to speed up its process for people like us so that we have equal access to welfare. We also need to act very quickly while this topic is heavily debated so we can get as much traction as possible. I'll be sharing Patrick's email once I get it or you can DM me if you do not want to go directly to him. 

Hi,

I think it will be a great idea to come together and get attention from media. We won't need ther benefit. We just want what is right for us. We worked we pay tax we contributed to the regional community, we will be their citizens one day. We are eligible for what right for us.

I am going to apply tomorrow so I am still have long way to go. But i know the frustration. 

Hope we can come together to support each other to go through this waiting game faster and happier 

I would like to inform about the jobskeeper, my accountant said they will come with a list of temporary visa in a couple day. Hope we will be in the list.

I will get update uf I have any news.

Cheers

• Like 3

Julianhillmp First time wearing shorts at a Parliamentary public hearing! Human Rights Sub-Committee 📖  

MP Julian was working on immigrants issues, not sure if he could help a little bit of us.  887 processing time is a matter of human rights.  489, 491 actually they are the same visa subclass, just because the government wants to show they have done something with innovations, and deliberately discriminate 489. Every regional skilled migrant should be respected as equal as this country is so-called Australia.

Edited by Seacity112
  • Like 2

I just called the human right commission and spoke to the lady for 20 mins. I told them our 887 story but they said this is not something they can help we are not fall under their definition of discrimination. So human right is no go...she suggested the Ombudsman or local MP which lot of us already tired. Maybe the only way is get media attention, definitely a big platform like ABC or News.com.au

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I just called the human right commission and spoke to the lady for 20 mins. I told them our 887 story but they said this is not something they can help we are not fall under their definition of discrimination. So human right is no go...she suggested the Ombudsman or local MP which lot of us already tired. Maybe the only way is get media attention, definitely a big platform like ABC or News.com.au

Thanks mate, we could try another way. They are pretending to be blinding, time could tell if this is a human right or not, and that's called Karma. 

• Like 1