887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

I have applied 887 visa recently in Adelaide,  They sent me Request more information asking AFP and Functional English for Main Applicant. But in the DIBP website it is clear main applicant doesn't need to prove English. After working 1 year proving functional english seems to me something wrong/

I sent an email after adviced from their hotline to the skilled support team. Waiting for reply.

Please share similar outcomes if you heard from them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sha_adelaide said:

I have applied 887 visa recently in Adelaide,  They sent me Request more information asking AFP and Functional English for Main Applicant. But in the DIBP website it is clear main applicant doesn't need to prove English. After working 1 year proving functional english seems to me something wrong/

I sent an email after adviced from their hotline to the skilled support team. Waiting for reply.

Please share similar outcomes if you heard from them

Recently?  May we know the date of application?   

7 minutes ago, Raj123 said:

Home affairs is completely unpredictable. 

I agree, I am thinking of uploading degree certificate and transcript. However they haven't mention which type of English they want from me. Just mentioned IELTS has expired which I submitted for 489. I assume they must asking functional English.

31 minutes ago, April 2019 said:

I applied on18 April 2019

today i got an email for submission of another documents

1 AFP

2 PCC

3 Proof of English ability language for primary applicant.  

Can i give bachelor degree as a proof

One more to the list... dont worry..

you can provide bachelor's degree.. Refer to my post on page 1946. That will help.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sha_adelaide said:

I agree, I am thinking of uploading degree certificate and transcript. However they haven't mention which type of English they want from me. Just mentioned IELTS has expired which I submitted for 489. I assume they must asking functional English.

As far as i understand from what all is happening, they are asking for functional english. btw Who is the case officer?

1 hour ago, R.Jay said:

I would send them an suggestion instead of a complaint this time. I'm sure that you have complained before. I have done suggestions 3 times, i got positive responds every single time.

First time, i suggested them to provide list of documents that required to expedite the grant once open.  Then got an email saying Baby medical and Function English Required.

Provide the functional English and Medical and sent another suggestion, provided all the docs please finalize my application. Got the Grant next day.

Without knowing  that i had the grant , i sent another suggestion,  next day i got another respond saying your application is finalized.

Looks like they are treating the suggestions is different aspects rather than complains.  Just my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it

2 hours ago, A_D said:

Nope....Its the regulations and are applicable for all the visa's.

It is just a definition.

I have had a look at the Act and Regulations and found that

There is no requirement for functional English for the primary applicant for 887.

It is nowhere said something like all applicants should have functional English etc.....

To compare, here is an extract for the visa 491:

At the time of invitation to apply for the visa, the applicant had competent English.

Partners are another issue because they have to pay VAC 2 if do not meet requirements in Section 1136 of the Regulations.

You can refer to the 887 requirements attached.

887 requirements.docx

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

It is just a definition.

I have had a look at the Act and Regulations and found that

There is no requirement for functional English for the primary applicant for 887.

It is nowhere said something like all applicants should have functional English etc.....

To compare, here is an extract for the visa 491:

At the time of invitation to apply for the visa, the applicant had competent English.

Partners are another issue because they have to pay VAC 2 if do not meet requirements in Section 1136 of the Regulations.

You can refer to the 887 requirements attached.

887 requirements.docx

Mate, we are not the MARA agents. We haven't done any studies towards quoting in an authoritative way. I was just quoting what i have read in different members posts (which were extract of mail from Case Officers). i will be more than happy if CO's stop asking for this requirement as i have said earlier, it will help almost all of current and future applicants. There will be one thing less to worry about.

Also, you must have noted that this 887 regulation talks about  Subclass 475 (Skilled—Regional Sponsored) visa and Subclass 487 (Skilled—Regional Sponsored) visa but not Subclass 489 (Skilled—Regional Sponsored) visa.

Edited by A_D

Just now, A_D said:

Mate, we are not the MARA agents. We haven't done any studies towards quoting in an authoritative way. I was just quoting what i have read in different members posts (which were extract of mail from Case Officers). i will be more than happy if CO's stop asking for this requirement as i have said earlier, it will help almost all of current and future applicants. There will be one thing less to worry about.

Agree on cos stopping asking it. It's non-sense

11 minutes ago, A_D said:

Also, you must have noted that this 887 regulation talks about  Subclass 475 (Skilled—Regional Sponsored) visa and Subclass 487 (Skilled—Regional Sponsored) visa but not Subclass 489 (Skilled—Regional Sponsored) visa.

It says class SP which is 489.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oalabi said:

I agree with you. The CO that requested more documents from me is from the Permanent Employer Sponsored (PESE) Visa (subclass 186, 187)  in NSW. i want to believe they have put all teams on onshore applications pending when offshore applications are restarted. Lets keep praying they stop all this unnecessary request for documents and grant more visas to reduce time as a whole..

fingers crossed have submitted requested Polio certificate and waiting for my grant

Hi mate looks like we both have same issue Polio certificates and functional English for main applicant, could you please tell me how to get Polio certificate in Australia, during 489 I provide certificate for myself and wife and kids 3 and 5 years but now they asked again. 5 year already have missing vaccination before starting school and i already uploaded that letter.. do you think that can be done in 28 days as little one is 3 and half and they wont give vaccination before age of 4.. i am lost .. thanks for help