887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, jaknap3 said:

887_applications.JPG

Thanks mate, that is what I was looking for...where did you get this data from?

Does anyone know what they mean by applications ? Primary , dependent and kids are counted as separate application or they are combined together as one applications?

Edited by stuckatjob

39 minutes ago, concobebe said:

Guys,  got direct grant today in the morning.

Date applied: 16 August 2019

Direct Grant: 10th June 2020

Family of 4

From Vietnam

Case Officer: Katherine.

Last Friday, upload latest Rent contract, Salary Slip , Update Superannuation, Australian Uni Degree for both main and dependant, uni transcipt for dependant only

This forum is extremely helpful, and I would be grateful for all contributions from the group members.

Wishing you guys receiving your grants very soon.

Cheers!

congratulation mate 🙂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aaron kum said:

It looks they are processing more applications during may and june every year.After that processing is slow as per  data.

hope not. I think the main reason is offshore stopped accessing.

I have read a article that shows the onshore and offshore visa applications are half and half. Since they stopped the offshore applications, more COs are available for onshore applications.

hope they can continue this speed

13 hours ago, nudgee said:

Good morning guys,  I am so glad to see that they pushed the grants to August, jumping from December 2018 to August 2019 in just under 2 months, I think they will clear all the 887 applications in 3 months. Great job everyone, you are all well deserved !!!

Sorry for my absence in the last few days because I was busy moving house as I have decided to relocate to Melbourne for a new life.

The 887 tracker is incredibly helpful as it provides a summary for 887 applicants, especially we know that not everyone have time to keep following the forum for updates due to busy life schedule. 

Most senior members here have received their grants and have moved on with their lives, which is fantastic. Therefore not many people are managing the tracker at this stage. 

I would encourage anyone who are still waiting for their grants, volunteer to update the tracker, if you are keen, please send an email to the owner of the tracker,  Lana Bavykina on lanabavykina@gmail.com, she will give you permission to edit the tracker. This forum is amazing because we are here to help and support each other. 

I will continue to help when I have time but I will not be as active lately because I need to concentrate on finding a new employment. Good luck everyone!!!

Where have you been @nudgee, without you, this form is just boring ... 😘 Glad you are back ..

• Like 5

They are opening August files right now. So they must have 3487 files from before August. Or am I getting this wrong?

Wow thats a lot of backlog they have and why are they not clearing those first???

Including August till May 2020 there are 5025 applications and assuming there will always be backlog of 3487 application during processing then, all files will be opened before 4 months time period if they grant 1296 grant every month.

Correct me if I am wrong?

Edited by stuckatjob

6 hours ago, trx said:

GRANT GRANT GRANT

Received my golden email 10 minutes ago

Applied 27-08-2019 ( sorry i thought i applied on 25th but it was 27th)

Family of 3

I provided home country pcc in December 19 and went back home for 3 weeks after that in Jan did not update pcc , also i had trouble getting overseas pcc from a country i used to live in so i attached the old pcc i got in 2016 wrote a cover letter and attached them explaining the difficulty of obtaining one 

Co Robyn

Very happy guys September is almost there

Dear @trx, warmest wishes on your grant .. I would like to know how you wrote the letter explaining the difficulty of getting PCC from our home country. I have faced the same issue and I haven't received it which I had already applied. Will they except if we write a cover letter and could you please let me know if you do have a format ?

25 minutes ago, DVR said:

Dear @trx, warmest wishes on your grant .. I would like to know how you wrote the letter explaining the difficulty of getting PCC from our home country. I have faced the same issue and I haven't received it which I had already applied. Will they except if we write a cover letter and could you please let me know if you do have a format ?

Hi DVR thanks for that , please find a format of the cover letter i wrote for pcc issue. I wasn't sure if they would accept an old pcc , it was a long shot but there was no way i could get it in time under current situation so two weeks back i wrote this letter and combined it into a single pdf with the old pcc i obtained in 2016 and attached it under police clearance section in immi account just mentioning file name as myname_country_police clearance.pdf 

camphoto_758783491.JPG

3 hours ago, Kulwant Singh said:

Can anybody Sugg. Plz?

1.Can I add my wife after 887 application?

2. Can I apply any waiver if I can't add her while 887 application?

She has 489 partner visa but hasnot done her first entry due to covid-19 travel ban.

Nope. You have 2 choices.

Either wait until your wife arrives Australia and apply for 887 visa at the same time with her or Apply for 887 visa for yourself first and apply partner visa later once you get a PR. 

• Like 1

Hi, I was trying to apply for the Indian pcc and the only option to pay if I'm sending my application through post is by credit card. Is there any alternative if I don't have a credit card? Also, in the address section 8b it asks for a residential address, would that be my Australian address? I have changed residences twice within the last year so would I have to submit 2 separate forms for both the addresses in Australia? How long would it take to get the pcc given India is in total shut down?  I have uploaded my mark sheets and passing certificates for university degrees but can't get transcripts due to COVID-19 lockdown. Thank you for your guidance! 

Sorry, but I just realised that grants are fast tracked so the panic and anxiety has left me with series of questions and dilemmas. 

Edited by Zachary

Hi seniors,

Appreciate your advice.

I applied for the 887 close to a month back via an agent.

However, upon importing my application through the IMMI account I found that it shows 0 attachments of received of 60 maximum. Does this mean my agent has not submitted any supporting documents. 

Also I noticed today on my IMMI account there is a note. 

"This application has been received by the department and will be assessed.

Please ensure you have attached all required supporting documentation. Failure to do so may result in delays in processing. Please refer to the 'Attach documents' link on the left hand side of this page."

Any advice on this situation.

16 minutes ago, 887pos said:

Hi seniors,

Appreciate your advice.

However, upon importing my application through the IMMI account I found that it shows 0 attachments of received of 60 maximum. Does this mean my agent has not submitted any supporting documents. 

Please ensure you have attached all required supporting documentation. Failure to do so may result in delays in processing. Please refer to the 'Attach documents' link on the left hand side of this page."

It doesn't sounds right. You must be able to see the number of attachments if they did right things.. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rupom said:

Then you should be getting the direct grant now..goodluck..

@Rupom thanks budd,

lets hope for best...

although, today i attached stat declaration as well to be on safer side...that i will update the immigration passport copy of newborn (6-8weeks average processing email response of vfs also attached along with stat declaration and passport application form /receipt) ..

thanks🙏🏻

Edited by nmit07

53 minutes ago, 887pos said:

Hi seniors,

Appreciate your advice.

Due to previous long waiting times, agents were used to uploading documents way later. This could be the case. Just withdraw agent and DIY, it is much easier to manage it yourself