887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

FAQ Updates 12.0

Special Thanks to all the legends.

Disclaimer: All information below is at your own risk. This summarize the group's ideas/discussion/my own interpretation of past events. Feel free to tell me what you want to contribute.

Comedy of the year 2018 by toot

The mood of Case Officer:

Coffee no good = get me another AFP

Wife angry         = more evidence for 1 year employment

Parking ticket     = MORE evidence for employment

Rent due             =  MORE, MORE evidence of 1 year employment

Coffee Spill         = Upload a picture of you working 35 hours week

Traffic in the morning = Bring your Boss to DIBP

I live with my mate and do not pay rent

Download the statutory declaration and fill it in.

Repeat after me!

I shall Micro Manage my 887 application and remember this well.

Hold on to your balls and plug your pee hole!

If you must have a baby, make sure he is at least 1 year old by the time you apply for 887 so Bub wouldn''t need to get 6 month old medical checkup and look too different from the passport. Plus all the complexity of attaching Bub to 887.

Sure fire ways to get yourself into trouble and wait for 6 more months

I want to go for holiday, as my bridging Visa has not kick in.

I am reluctant to submit a document due to “(enter your reason)”

The form is too long, maybe I should submit when the CO call.

I just gave birth

I just got married

I want to work else where, seriously, stop asking!

I just made sushi for dinner.

READ THIS 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

Sign this Petition

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

The Excel tracking (download the file and stop messing around with it!!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

Ombudsman

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/How-we-can-help/immigration-ombudsman

I want to complaint!!!   Global Feedback

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

AFP expires

If your AFP expire, renew it just in case. Another way is apply for your AFP 6 months after you apply for 887. This will save some cost.

Scary Movie of Year 2019

My CO just called me…. Going to be trap for another 6 months.

What to upload cheat sheet/ Bible

1. Tax doc, employment contract, superannuation, bank statement showing salary, pay slip, PayG/ Group Cert

2. AFP, Oversea Police cert (longest time to acquire), Military release cert

3. Passport

4. Notification of incorrect Answers

5. Marriage cert, lease agreement

6. Form 80, 1221

7. Bank statement for 2 years, Car Rego/ Utility/ Phone bill/ Internet bill

8. Driver’s license Aussie

9. Rental agreement

10. Passport photo

11. Child - passport, birth cert, photo

12. Spouse- same as above, language is a letter from school/ IELTS

I hate filling in those forms! Especially notification of incorrect Answers

Go to your immi account/ update details/ XXXXXX. This is the easier way.

Bridging Visa for 887 is like IPhone Plus minus the headphone jack

Once you have bridging, you will have some difficulty travelling oversea. All you get is a Medicare card. Other condition in 489 remains.

Parents appearing in health assessment Immi account

Family Unit ....... Family members......family unit...... Family members.... Riddle me this

In the 887 application and reference to form 1497i

1.     Accompanying / non-accompanying Family unit = Spouse and child

2.     Other family members = brothers, sisters, mistress, father, mother

Now you understand, go and prepare a notification of incorrect answers.

My Baby look different from the passport!!!

1.     This is for 501 medical

2.     Download the form from this link  https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/public-safety-and-law/statutory-declarations

3.     Select a few your baby's photos (4x6cm) from the passport date to the medical exam date then stick them at the form's footer.

4.     Get support from someone (not your relatives) to fill the form and do JP it.

5.     Example of the declarer’s content: "The passport's photo and the rest of other photographed are of the same child <your child full name> <DOB> <Address>".

My Agent told me not to submit

So far 5 to 7 cases I can think of agent's decision is wrong.

Spouse English

Get your University to write a letter as university course materials might not be recognize by Australia.

Relationship with Spouse

Marriage cert is not enough, need to prove continuing relationship

good morning guys! 

hope all had a great week end and believe some will get their dream grant this week.

I have a quick questions. I have been here nearly two years now under 489 visa. Somehow, I have not created an IMMI account so far and I have never updated IMMI on my change circumstances. That means my new contact details etc.

I am bit scared now. Is this a big problem? Pls tell me a way out for this if anyone here has got any experience. 

Many thanks!

Roma

2 hours ago, Roma said:

good morning guys! 

hope all had a great week end and believe some will get their dream grant this week.

I have a quick questions. I have been here nearly two years now under 489 visa. Somehow, I have not created an IMMI account so far and I have never updated IMMI on my change circumstances. That means my new contact details etc.

I am bit scared now. Is this a big problem? Pls tell me a way out for this if anyone here has got any experience. 

Many thanks!

Roma

Mate,

It should not be a problem unless you break visa conditions.

• Thanks 1

Hi

I have applied for 887 in December 2017, file has been allocated in July 2018, I have submitted all docus as per requested then is reassessed on late September 2018, officer asked me show more proof  then I have submitted docs again through agent but still not finalized any one knows how long it takes?  Also up to which month files have been finalized.

Thnx  

On 1/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, Roma said:

Hi guys, I have been reading this page sometime now and I understand the frustration everyone is going through.  I know I am also going to join all of you soon once I submit the application. However, just want to let you all know my situation and then look for some views.

I am still under 489 and have been doing a permanent good job almost now close to 2 years. It took for me two months to found a job and since then I am working full time and job is alright, pay is ok etc. 

But still I want to move to Melbourne (regional areas) as soon as I submit my application because I have a job offer there. Do I need to inform Immi that I am moving or just updating address in my Immi account is sufficient? what if I maintain both address? any idea? 

As far as I know, you can apply for release letter to the government and you will be able to work at another regional area without getting any issues. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2019 at 11:14 AM, Russki said:

Hi guys, I am sorry I kept you in the dark, I was very stressed last night... 🙂 I wish it was good news, but it is not, because of difficulties I have providing this requested information... In short, I am in trouble. Today I had to hire a lawyer to help me. I cannot discuss all personal details here, but please keep fingers crossed for me, I am not in a good place right now... 

Good news is - they are processing again and hopefully February files will start being picked up very soon! 😄 😄 🤗

Hi Russki hope everything will be sorted for u soon u may get ur grant soon. All of our prayer with u

• Thanks 1

Hi guys, i have one question, I am on 489 and I am applying for 887 .

I stayed first 6 months with a person without any rent agreement. I dont have any rental agreement for first 6 months. But I have many other documents like rego papers, letters, mobile bills, insurance documents, bank statements that prove my residence and address there for 6 months. Will that be enough to prove my resdence there for 6 months?

However, I changed resudence after 6 months and I have rent agreement for next residence. 

28 minutes ago, Qasim Javed said:

Hi guys, i have one question, I am on 489 and I am applying for 887 .

I stayed first 6 months with a person without any rent agreement. I dont have any rental agreement for first 6 months. But I have many other documents like rego papers, letters, mobile bills, insurance documents, bank statements that prove my residence and address there for 6 months. Will that be enough to prove my resdence there for 6 months?

However, I changed resudence after 6 months and I have rent agreement for next residence. 

Hi can you get a stat dec with that person stating that you were residing with him for the period? 

Hi, does anyone have experience of applying 489 subsequent entry pathway? 

As I recently started relationship with my GF and we will live together shortly. 

As far as I know, the relationship should last long at least 1 year, but there is exception in case if I can prove the marriage or relationship certificate which is verified by State government. 

Is this right? 

Otherwise, she is only eligible to apply for 489 subsequent visa after 1 year since we live together? 

If anyone know about this, I will appreciate if you advise me.

Cheers 

Some people here are using this forum as R&D 887 loop hole testing center . 

One day I will start to hear “ I married my nieces after 3 months relationship. However they are all under 18. Can they get 887 ? “ 

54 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

One day I will start to hear “ I married my nieces after 3 months relationship. However they are all under 18. Can they get 887 ? “ 

I think that’s what this forum is all about. Asking opinions, suggestions and helping each other. Otherwise who cares who applied for 887 visas or got pr.....  that  we don’t know and probably will never know after each one gets their 887 visas. Btw never mind not against you and respect ur thoughts though.

• Like 4

What an example. [emoji1747]‍[emoji3603]

What is going on here? Lol [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

I think most of the Jan applications are done and Feb applications will start (hopefully) in Feb.

I dont think so man.. there are lot of jan applicants left i think..one of my mates 21st jan and 25th jan applicants are still waiting after getting there 1st contact from CO

41 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

I think most of the Jan applications are done and Feb applications will start (hopefully) in Feb.

Yes I know there are many Jan applicants waiting but its not like Feb where all applications are pending. At least Jan application are done more than 70%.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:23 AM, Nada said:

All the other visa types, other than 887 are moving smoothly. Its just us facing the brunt....

HI All,

I got my partner 489 subsequent visa just now. 

Applied : 12- Sep-2018

Visa Grant : 22-Jan-2019

Processing Time : 4 months .

Good luck for who are all waiting for 489 subsequent visa grant.

• Thanks 3

HI All,
I got my partner 489 subsequent visa just now. 
Applied : 12- Sep-2018
Visa Grant : 22-Jan-2019
Processing Time : 4 months .
Good luck for who are all waiting for 489 subsequent visa grant.

Congratulations mate! Awesome stuff.

For a second I thought this was a PR grant. [emoji38][emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 3